Is it my server or Thai Visa

hellodolly

Seems like it is a lot slower on making posts or responses

Every time I hit the go to last read post it goes to the last post even if there is 10 unread ones in front of it.

Some times it says time has run out so I repost it only to find it had already been posted.

Is it just my server or are others having these problems?

Edited by hellodolly

Since we are on that subject, many other forums have the function that if you click on a thread title you've been reading previously, you will automatically redirected to the first unread post. I have not noticed this function on Thaivisa.

Since we are on that subject, many other forums have the function that if you click on a thread title you've been reading previously, you will automatically redirected to the first unread post. I have not noticed this function on Thaivisa.

Not completely clear regarding your question as that feature is there. The large dot left of the topic title shows unread posts in the topic and clicking on the dot will take you to your first unread post. The 2nd example below is a topic with unread posts that you have posted in and clicking on the star takes you to the last unread post.

post-566-0-00951500-1375459929_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Not completely clear regarding your question as that feature is there. The large dot left of the topic title shows unread posts in the topic and clicking on the dot will take you to your first unread post. The 2nd example below is a topic with unread posts that you have posted in and clicking on the star takes you to the last unread post.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Not on my machine I click on that button and it takes me to the last post no matter how many unread ones are ahead of it.

Mot sure what is happening here George says

"Bug. Will be adjusted tomorrow Saturday"

Not on my machine I click on that button and it takes me to the last post no matter how many unread ones are ahead of it.

Mot sure what is happening here George says

"Bug. Will be adjusted tomorrow Saturday"

I've not seen it happen myself and I do use those unread posts buttons very often and does go to it correctly for me. Just tested it on several topics, both those I've posted in and those I haven't and works correctly. Perhaps its been fixed now?

As for jbrain's comment. The way it is setup now is good as if I wish to see the first post in the topic I can click on the title. If I want to read the last unread then click on the last unread button. It is more flexible this way.

Thanks, seems to work for me.

I just went to

Rayong oil spill: Satellite photo shows oil cleared so far

It has 38 posts and I had never opened that thread up. I hit the go to first unread post and it went to post #26 in spite of the fact I had never even opened the thread up much less read the first 25.

On other threads I went to the last page and still it took me to the last post when I hit the go to the first unread button. No matter how many unread posts there were in front of it.

It takes me to the last unread post. Not the first.

Was the way the machine would time out and still put the post up the bug George was talking about. I have noticed lately several posts being duplicated as many as four times.

Just what is the bug George was talking about.

Is it related to the inability of Thai Visa to post breaking news on all e mail servers? I am on a hot mail server and a friend of mine is on a g mail and tells me he gets notices all the time on breaking news.

I just went to

It has 38 posts and I had never opened that thread up. I hit the go to first unread post and it went to post #26 in spite of the fact I had never even opened the thread up much less read the first 25.

On other threads I went to the last page and still it took me to the last post when I hit the go to the first unread button. No matter how many unread posts there were in front of it.

Log out of Thaivisa then clear your cache then log back in and see if it corrects it.

Was the way the machine would time out and still put the post up the bug George was talking about. I have noticed lately several posts being duplicated as many as four times.

The duplicate posts/topics issue has been resolved by the software vendor. Have not seen any in the last 24 hours, thankfully. Still some found that are vestigial before the fix.

I just went to

Just what is the bug George was talking about.

Is it related to the inability of Thai Visa to post breaking news on all e mail servers? I am on a hot mail server and a friend of mine is on a g mail and tells me he gets notices all the time on breaking news.

Links from notification emails currently has an issue, that issue will be fixed asap as per the other thread.

Migrate away from hotmail to something better asap, as they will discontinue hotmail. Gmail is a good alternative.

George,

Who will "discontinue Hotmail" ?

My Hotmail is working fine with ThaiVisa now. Same as it always has.

By the way, the steps I posted regarding the sign in have been working so far, except using the Back button still shows as signed in even though I am not.

MSPain

Sorry about the font.... that's what came up as I was typing the post.

Edited by Tywais
Corrected font

Ok. As far as I know that won't be a problem. I moved my Hotmail to Outlook.com before that. No problems at all for me. I believe the email address will stay the same also. If you browse to www Hotmail com, you will end up at outlook com already I believe.

I also have a gmail account and for me it is no better or worse than my Hotmail/MSN/Outlook com mail accounts.

As for people having problems with Hotmail itself, many that I have read about were actually the users fault for the problems. Personally, I have always been able to get answers and support from Hotmail even with a free account.

MSPain

• Like 1

Works fine for me. I use Outlook dot com for Hotmail, MSN, and Outlook online emails. I also use Office 365, which includes Outlook 2013 for my mail client. They all work fine for me.

For me, Outlook dot com is not a lot different than the last Hotmail dot com that I used. I switched as soon as they made Outlook dot com available for testing.