Quality Is Hitting A New Low In The City Of .......

mouse

Having recently visted Pattaya and Jomtien I was dismayed at the quality of of everything having gone down drasticlly and the prices increases since my last visit more than 2 years ago.

My biggets complaint was the food vendors on the beach, due to which I was unable to get one moment of relaxation while at the beach.

The cleanliness of the water left a lot to be desired. I will never again visit Pattaya except to visit some of the excellent food establishments in the area.

When will the Thais wake up and invest in their tourism jewels by cleaning them up and regulating the (hawkers) very people that chase the tourist away?.

Good bye Pattaya!

Having recently visted Pattaya and Jomtien I was dismayed at the quality of of everything having gone down drasticlly and the prices increases since my last visit more than 2 years ago.

My biggets complaint was the food vendors on the beach, due to which I was unable to get one moment of relaxation while at the beach.

The cleanliness of the water left a lot to be desired. I will never again visit Pattaya except to visit some of the excellent food establishments in the area.

When will the Thais wake up and invest in their tourism jewels by cleaning them up and regulating the (hawkers) very people that chase the tourist away?.

Good bye Pattaya!

I may say that's my observation too.

For the beach hawkers, there are signs that the fine is 2000B for doing it. Obeyed first week but now the same.

Jomtien has the lights installed, well lit at night, one +.

As for the hotels, to my knowledge, only one sinificant place over last 3 years of my extensive visits to Pattaya had major renovations - The Royal Cliff Resort.

Jomtien hotels are getting tired more and more so I rent an apartment at places like View Talay (1,2,3...).

What we pay (over the net) Russians pay the same through their travel agencies.

No real difference to the hotels, except for the staff that collect little or no tips.

Utapao airport, my guess, collects the landing and passengers handling fees for Pattaya council, that makes up for poor spending capacity or habits of the Eastern Europeans. At any time you can see 10-20 Russian (or from the former SSSR) jumbos resting there.

Probably, Pattaya hoteliers are getting by with aging facilities - because they can.

But I'm still going there. Pattaya Water Park, no hawkers, water is conditioned and many other ammenities in Pattaya for a family man with a 2 yrs old baby.

Pattaya is there to stay and get even more share, IMO. Just check real estate and massive developments. It's accessibility and good hospitals and shopping malls won't be idling.

Good bye Pattaya!

I've read and heard too much negative about Pattaya. Besides I don't like tourist stink-holes. I'm not even curious enough to visit one time. I'll stick to the non-tourist areas of Thailand. My 2 satang. :o

I've read and heard too much negative about Pattaya. Besides I don't like tourist stink-holes. I'm not even curious enough to visit one time. I'll stick to the non-tourist areas of Thailand. My 2 satang. :o

Ooooooo, you hard-core traveller you.

I always stay at the Jomtien Garden Hotel, excellent value, recently refurbished, and one of the best pools on the strip.

I stayed there 1 night and there moved to Grand Jomtien Palace. Nearly same price.

If you are saying Grand Jomtien Garden is value for money, go up along the strip to Grand Jomtien Palace and get 50% more.

2 large pools (in fact 3 if you count one in the main building), real (no plastic chairs) in the restaurant, balconies that have a door to get onto them.

Still both hotels are full of packaged holidays mid-age and Eastern Europeans. Both tired in a similar way.