Required Documents for Renewal of One Year Marriage Visa

Frank James

Hi, I'm the brother of the guy whose picture is on here every day in the Alzheimers Ad. It is time once again for me to renew my one year Marriage Visa. I know I need the affidavit of income from the US Consulate, but can never remember what other docs are required, aside from the photos, photocopy of passport main page, photocopy of latest arrival document and photocopy of last visa. Could my wise brethren tell me what else is needed, so that I am not humiliated at the window, in front of a couple of hundred farangs? Specific document numbers please.

Also, my wife and I live happily now in a serviced apartment building, in the same general area as our former rented single family home. Is a residence document required for this, or can I just casually list my new address on the standard required forms? I understand there is a residence certificate available at the US Consulate, but I'd rather not pay them ANOTHER $50 if I don't need the doc.

I will, as always, bring my Thai wife with me. She is so good at getting favorable results down at the CM Immigration office. The first interview we had, a single female officer of a similar age to my wife bemoaned the "fact" (?) that farangs all seem to favor the darker complected Northeastern Thai ladies. This was quite amusing to me.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. the 90 day report is easy for me now (go in the AFTERNOON!), but this annual thing always gives me the heeby-jeebies.