Good 2nd Hand Bookshops

ctrunfree

Some of our biggest readers seem to have made the move to e-readers or iPads, so people who may have been interested in used books in the past are no longer up to date on the book market. That could be a contributing factor to the lack of responses to this topic.

You haven't stated where you would like to find the used bookstore.

If in the Chiang Mai area, I highly recommend Backstreet Books in the Taepae Gate area. George has a large selection of quite a variety of interests.

Take the soi across from Art Cafe - the one connecting to Chang Noi Road. Backstreet Books is on the right when going towards Chang Noi road. His competition has done their utmost to hide his shop by erecting their big signs which can be ignored.

Peter Orn has a very good bookshop near the old Bus Station downtown. And, about two hundred meters from Wat Jet Yod.

His shop is well organized, many languages, and genre is cataloged.

Look at the phone booths and utility poles in the area. Peter often puts fliers on them with directions..

Also, Peter often does a hand-drawn map of downtown Chiang Rai. Good tourist info. You can ask him for a copy.

Cheers

• Like 1

I loaded the iPad with reading material before I came over this trip.

It doesn't have the satisfaction of looking, feeling or smelling like a book. You know, the aesthetics of a physical book.

Due to luggage weight restrictions while traveling.........I can compromise. coffee1.gif

Good to see you received some response and directions.

Happy reading

Thanks people for the responses, there a big help.

Fredge- have been a good customer of George's in CM over the years. The great thing about a physical bookshop is that you'll nearly always find something you didn't know you wanted to read until you came across it!

Go down the small Soi that runs along the northern wall of Wat Jed Yod.

At the end turn right.

Orns is in the small block of houses and flats to the left before the end.

When you say, "go down" do you mean go west or east?

Presumably it makes a difference to which is right and left?