Where to get good quality hot dogs in Pattaya?

jmccarty

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you find good buns, please post back.

I'm satisfied with some of the 100 styles of hot dogs they sell at Big C, though I did eat a lot of crappy dogs to find some I liked. And I sometimes have a hard time finding exactly the same ones next time. But that may just be from the chemical additives messing up my memory.

Like you, I'm suspicious because hot dogs are made up of cuts nobody will eat on purpose. When I see what they will eat here, I shudder to think what's left over for hot dogs...

Still, 10x better than the best hot dogs I found in China. I gave up hot dogs altogether there.

Edited by impulse

Hi

You could possibly try SS Sausage in naklua, on the main naklua road, left hand side about 15 mins walking distance from the Dolphin roundabout.

I have bought some products from them which were OK, although not actually hot dogs, they do stock them.

Not particularly cheap.

Open 6 days a week to about 8.00PM I think ( closed Sundays)

Link to a google photo and you`ll be able to get their phone number on a search( I live near so have never had need to phone them)

https://plus.google.com/photos/115144063929033171791/albums/5260423672577706577

Cheers to all above. I know they can be a risk, but as I said, must be a good butcher that takes pride in making a decent dog. I will look up SS Sausage. I'll leave Big C for now. Sabrett's or Nathan's - Where! Would like to track them down in Thailand but google does not reveal them here in Pattaya.

Before, years ago Best Supermarket had sausage made by a German guy.

It was always perfect. Better than you can find in Austria and Germany. But never tried the Frankfurter and it was years ago, so I could have changed.

Nope, been transfered here with my family. Kids sometimes like hotdogs but don't like giving them mystery meat. I'm sure there must be a butcher that makes a decent dog.

Not sure where you are from but if you are looking for an American style hotdog you will not find them in Pattaya. As others have mentioned the sausages here are more German style and not to my liking.

Nope, been transfered here with my family. Kids sometimes like hotdogs but don't like giving them mystery meat. I'm sure there must be a butcher that makes a decent dog.

Not sure where you are from but if you are looking for an American style hotdog you will not find them in Pattaya. As others have mentioned the sausages here are more German style and not to my liking.

me either

i like the US style smoked hot dogs like Herta

Cheers to all above. I know they can be a risk, but as I said, must be a good butcher that takes pride in making a decent dog. I will look up SS Sausage. I'll leave Big C for now. Sabrett's or Nathan's - Where! Would like to track them down in Thailand but google does not reveal them here in Pattaya.

There's an ex butcher who owns a restaurant called Simple Simons in soi 5 Jomtien,

he also sells, sausages, bacon,pies, etc. from within his restaurant, maybe worth a try.

I like the BELUCKY / Premium Frankfurters in Friendship. I grill them and stick them (2) in one of the nice medium sized baguettes, which i warmed up in the stove for a moment. Mustard, mayo, ketchup....Not bad at all...A full, tasty & not so healthy :-) meal. These Frankfurters are very close to similar products in Germany and Switzerland. But nothing beats my favorite "hole in the wall" dog-place in ft. myers florida.....almost a reason to head over there.....MS.

Oscar Mayer brand hot dogs at Villa Market when they have in stock.

they also carry Johnsinville Sausages in the frozen food section:licklips:

Nice packaging but all of Johnsonville's have High Fructose Corn Sweetener as a flavouring agent. May taste good but part of the reason Americans are so fat from what I read.

Edited by jmccarty

If you care for your kids you really shouldnt be feeding them frankfurts at all.bah.gif

Choosing what to consume, wear, or watch on TV, etc., is, in my opinion, a personal choice and best left to the parents.

• Like 2

Nice packaging but all of Johnsonville's have High Fructose Corn Sweetener as a flavouring agent. May taste good but part of the reason Americans are so fat from what I read.

Point taken. However, the USA is not the sole domain of obesity from my humble observations. Excuse me while I eat my Chicken wrap at McDonalds. :)

Point taken. However, the USA is not the sole domain of obesity from my humble observations. Excuse me while I eat my Chicken wrap at McDonalds. smile.png

High Fructose Corn Sweetener is in way too many processed foods everywhere, did not mean to single out Americans!

And I may just have a big mac for lunch!

People are fat because they consume more calories then they burn. It's called science.