Australians to go to the polls on Sept 7

BookMan

Here is a light one...Would YOU pass the test? tongue.png

Rudd passes the Danii test with aplomb - not so his man in Swan

post-147205-0-48598500-1376655611_thumb.

Sex appeal'' are dirty words in election 2013.

So the entrance of Danii Alexis, a Perth fitness model, into the glare of the campaign had to be handled with extreme care by Kevin Rudd.

The Prime Minister was clearly taken with Alexis.

''Hi, Danii,'' he purred.

Rudd remained clear of the most obvious pitfall in his path, maintaining a gentlemanly line of sight. However, his candidate for Swan, John Bissett, failed the test - as pictures would later show. His gaze was last seen on the tiled floor of the Westfield Carousel shopping centre in suburban Perth.

See Article here

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Labor drops in latest Newspoll

"Labor’s vote has dropped to its lowest level since Kevin Rudd regained the leadership in today’s Newspoll, as the ALP desperately fights back with a ferocious “spotlight” scare campaign about an Abbott threat to health, jobs, and education.

The poll show Labor’s primary vote at 34%, down one point, and the opposition on 47%, its highest since the leadership change. On a two party basis Labor’s support is down 2 points to 46% and the Coalition up 2 to 54% in a week. This would give the Coalition a strong election win.

The Australian reports that despite his “presidential” style campaign over the past fortnight, Rudd’s personal support in Newspoll has continued to fall and Tony Abbott’s has steadily risen, with Rudd now in a worse position than when he was removed in 2010. Abbott is virtually equal as preferred PM.

See Article Here

Edited by BookMan

Labor drops in latest Newspoll

"Labor’s vote has dropped to its lowest level since Kevin Rudd regained the leadership in today’s Newspoll, as the ALP desperately fights back with a ferocious “spotlight” scare campaign about an Abbott threat to health, jobs, and education.

The poll show Labor’s primary vote at 34%, down one point, and the opposition on 47%, its highest since the leadership change. On a two party basis Labor’s support is down 2 points to 46% and the Coalition up 2 to 54% in a week. This would give the Coalition a strong election win.

The Australian reports that despite his “presidential” style campaign over the past fortnight, Rudd’s personal support in Newspoll has continued to fall and Tony Abbott’s has steadily risen, with Rudd now in a worse position than when he was removed in 2010. Abbott is virtually equal as preferred PM.

See Article Here

Essential has got them at 50/50

http://essentialvision.com.au/category/essentialreport

Not sure I believe it though, I think Tony is set to become PM.

• Like 1

I wont be voting. Even though I am in Perth I haven't enrolled to vote, haven't voted since the mid 90's when I voted at the embassy in Singapore.

Whats the point? there is nobody to vote for, he said she said politics of Australia. They are all the same, northing will change except the name of the PM will be different.

Way too many people in my office will be donkey voting, or so the water cooler talk is.

How did it get to this?

For those who were going to vote for the Wikileaks party, better think again. In today's BKK Post said his party is in disarray after his top local candidate quit due to internal fight over party organisation. Assange states it's his fault as he had been too busy helping Snowden. Poll shows his party unlikely to gain the necessary votes for party to obtain a seat in the Senate

Credit to Old Croc for this post on how to vote overseas ...

received my postal vote here in Chiangmai and voted. What a total collection of misfits we have to chose from.

The Pirate Party

Bullet Train Party

Sex Party

Labor Party

Animal Justice Party

Katter's Australian Party

Wikileaks Party

Liberal National Party, and;

the Stable Population Party just to name a few.

So hard to separate them so had to close my eyes and take a stab. Julian Assange and the Wikileaks Party won.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

received my postal vote here in Chiangmai and voted. What a total collection of misfits we have to chose from.

The Pirate Party

Bullet Train Party

Sex Party

Labor Party

Animal Justice Party

Wikileaks Party

So hard to separate them so had to close my eyes and take a stab. Julian Assange and the Wikileaks Party won.

I opened up my postal vote and the senate paper is about a metre long!

• Like 1

Mate ... they would make it longer, but there is a limit on how long the paper can be due to the Printers.

Let me guess the Font is a size so small, it's near impossible to read?

That's how they cram all the names on the sheet.

For those who were going to vote for the Wikileaks party, better think again. In today's BKK Post said his party is in disarray after his top local candidate quit due to internal fight over party organisation. Assange states it's his fault as he had been too busy helping Snowden. Poll shows his party unlikely to gain the necessary votes for party to obtain a seat in the Senate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T2rTVRGIAc&feature=player_detailpage

Tony Abbott and the Coalition will cruise into government at the September 7 election according to the latest ReachTEL poll

THE Coalition will romp home at the upcoming election as support continues to grow for Tony Abbott as the best person to lead the nation, according to the latest poll.

In a ReachTEL survey of 3568 voters, nearly 47 per cent of those polled said they would likely give their first-preference vote to the Coalition while only 35.7 per cent said they would probably vote Labor.

See Full Article Here

The Pirate Party

Bullet Train Party

Sex Party

Labor Party

Animal Justice Party

Wikileaks Party

Yep got the same paper, had to join two tables together to lay it out.

If there is a "Lower the Partner Visa cost to $500 Party" ... they'd get my vote at the moment.

Circa, 3,000 Bucks is applying in Thailand ... about $4,000 is applying in Australia!

Wow. I didnt know it was that much

As a quick aside ...

Partner Visa costs are applying outside Australia (i.e. in Thailand) $2680 + plus maybe $500 for medicals, searches etc.

Apply in Australia ... $3,975 ! ... plus same extras above.

Add an 18+ dependent ... add $1,990

Thus I'd vote for a .... "Lower the Partner Visa cost to $500 Party" ... thumbsup.gif

Actually I have to go to the Embassy soon to get a Residency Document for a Thai Driver's license ... thus will probably vote.

EDITED to add reference ... http://www.immi.gov.au/fees-charges/_pdf/visa-pricing-table.pdf ... page 26

Edited by David48

'Get stuffed': Clive Palmer hangs up on ABC radio host

Prime ministerial aspirant Clive Palmer abruptly ended a phone interview with ABC's Jon Faine after being questioned about past allegations of violence against women involving two Palmer United Party candidates.

Faine asked the mining magnate why he was running two senate candidates in Victoria, Barry Michaels and Doug Hawkins, who had "been to court in relation to allegations of violence against women".

Well of course that's not true,'' Mr Palmer replied, saying that neither man had been convicted – a charge Mr Faine did not make.

Advertisement

Faine told Mr Palmer that he had chosen his words carefully. ''They were relating to intervention orders and in each instance both had reason to return to court and respond to those claims,'' Mr Faine said.

''Look I can bring a charge against you for being a deadbeat,'' Mr Palmer said.

See and hear interview here

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Not a political comment on my behalf for either if these two YouTubes ... but the Social Media campaign is hotting up ...

The first YouTube video you posted, by GetUp, was rejected by all three commercials television statiions. GetUp has referred the matter to the ACCC.

Clive Palmer Loses The Plot!

Until now, Clive has been tolerated as something of a merry jester among watchers of the political circuit, a sort of mad uncle on the turps at a family dinner.

Suddenly, all that wildly eccentric and entertaining bonhomie took flight on Thursday morning, to be replaced with something altogether more disturbing.

Advertisement

Not only was he going to sue Murdoch - ''this foreigner who tries to dictate what we do'' - and drag him struggling from New York to an Australian Supreme Court to answer for his sins, but he let fly at Murdoch's estranged wife, Wendi Deng, claiming she was a Chinese spy.

''You know, Rupert Murdoch's wife Wendi Deng is a Chinese spy, and that's been right across the world,'' Palmer frothed at a gobsmacked Karl Stefanovic on Channel 9's Today show.

Read Full Article Here

the annihilation has begun

Did Julian Assange win? Both parties are identical and full of idiots. We shouldn't be forced and threatened with legal action to vote if there is no one to vote for. Abolish compulsory voting it's a dictatorship.

• Like 1

Did Julian Assange win? Both parties are identical and full of idiots. We shouldn't be forced and threatened with legal action to vote if there is no one to vote for. Abolish compulsory voting it's a dictatorship.

Four of the eleven members of Wikileaks governing National Council have resigned, I believe due to disputes over preferences policy. A few weeks back Assange apologised for his lack of focus on his Party due to his time being consumed providing assistance to Snowden - cannot see why people would vote for him if Snowden has a higher priority for his time than his own Party

• Like 1

Four of the eleven members of Wikileaks governing National Council have resigned, I believe due to disputes over preferences policy. A few weeks back Assange apologised for his lack of focus on his Party due to his time being consumed providing assistance to Snowden - cannot see why people would vote for him if Snowden has a higher priority for his time than his own Party

I actually gave him my vote out of protest and put both labor and liberal as last selections. Voted under duress so definitely do not give my votes to the major parties.

I actually gave him my vote out of protest and put both labor and liberal as last selections. Voted under duress so definitely do not give my votes to the major parties.

rather than Wikileaks Party, why not the Sex Party?