Best Indian in Pattaya?

mcyachty

The Mrs. said to me today she wondered if there was a decent Indian restaurant here in Pattaya. We like Indian so I figured best to consult the Thai Visa gurus like Jingthing etc.

Well, anywhere people think is exceptional?

Thanks

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alibaba 32 years in Pattaya and closest you'll get to curry Brit style. As on tikka masalas not throw some currants in!

Also he doesn't stick to a northern Indian style but mixes it up between regions.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

• Like 2

"Indian by Nature" is my choice.

caveat: not cheap and not always consistent quality.

Yeah but for most people, price IS a factor. 

BTW, in my experience there is no place in Pattaya as good as the best Indian places I used to go to in the U.S. 

However, that said, there are plenty of somewhat decent options.

For example, in the South Pattaya curry/Arabic street district lots of choices, and most of them at least pretty good. 

I also would NOT suggest Ali Baba ... coffee1.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Here's a place that will not disappoint, Eat Well. It's located on Soi Buakhow, near the new health center.

I haven't tried it yet, but they recently did expand their Indian menu and the menu did appear somewhat promising. 

Another place I haven't tried yet but with a promising menu is the Indian/Thai restaurant somewhat across from Big C but further north.

The menu pictures look very good and I was told it's one of the few places in town that does biryani properly and not cheap either.

Typically biryani in Thailand is just spiced fried rice but proper biryani is a complex dish. 

Edited by Jingthing

"Indian by Nature" is my choice.

caveat: not cheap and not always consistent quality.

I would rate this more as a tourist place ,the food as you say is not cheap 

i couldn't care less what place it is. fact is that inspite of numerous attempts our cook (she is ethnic Indian and the Indian as well as the Thai dishes she prepares are top) can't replicate the Rogan Josh of Indian by Nature.

• Like 1

This is a tourist city, after all.

Indian Chimney also caters mostly to INDIAN tourists.

Years ago Kohinoor in South Pattaya seemed to cater a lot to local Thai Indians especially on weekends, but they hardly have world class Indian food. 

So tourists, schmourists, who cares? 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Can any recommendations include wines available and prices....I had a good scoff at PBG this afternoon but this thread is making me HUNGRY!!!

Can do better:

http://www.indian-by-nature.com/menu/index.html

For Indian Chimney, the buffet is 250, large portion tandoori chicken is 300, dosas about 150, that level. 

Thanks Mate....When Mrs Ploppy returns from business in Surin with a bucket load of dosh I am going to "experiment" on their wine experience...

Hey thanks all.

I have a few very good leads and Indian Chimney or Indian By Nature sound like the front-runners. I don't care too much about price (I probably should have mentioned that first), but more on the enjoyment. If I want to save a buck I will eat at home but when I go out, I am not counting and want to enjoy it.

I like spicy so Jingthing's suggestion might be a goer. The free refills sound good but might be dangerous for my growing and oversize already waistline.

Thanks again and I hope to report back on my experience. Of course all comments provided by you all are subject to your opinions at the time and value your input.
  • Like 1

Hey thanks all.

I have a few very good leads and Indian Chimney or Indian By Nature sound like the front-runners. I don't care too much about price (I probably should have mentioned that first), but more on the enjoyment. If I want to save a buck I will eat at home but when I go out, I am not counting and want to enjoy it.

I like spicy so Jingthing's suggestion might be a goer. The free refills sound good but might be dangerous for my growing and oversize already waistline.

Thanks again and I hope to report back on my experience. Of course all comments provided by you all are subject to your opinions at the time and value your input.

Well done mate...it is good to get feedback from the OP..

"Indian/Thai restaurant somewhat across from Big C but further north"

Which Big-C???  -- North, Central, or South Pattaya?

North. 2nd road.

Sent from my GT-S5360B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi JT

There is an Indian/Thai restaurant slightly north of Big C but on the same side of 2nd Road as Big C, rather than across/opposite.

Quite large, been past it, never tried, tempted, trying to figure out if it is the place you mean.

Very near and same side as  Drinking Street/JJ market

I`ll try to catch the name next time I pass although I think the sign merely said " Indian/Thai restaurant and bar "

Try this place:
Indian Chimney.

I went there once. I found the food to be very bland and I got the impression that it was like all the other Indian places in town; over-priced and under-spiced.

I wish I knew why Indian restaurants here are such poor quality and worse value. Over the border in Malaysia the Indian food is 10 times better and half the price. Yet there is nothing special or expensive about the ingredients of Indian food.

I don't know the Indian Chimney, but the Golden Chimney on Pattaya Tai by the Shell station is excellent 4 star ambiance with reasonable prices for Pattaya Indian food and the chef is imported from India not local "Tai Indian" like so many others. 

Try this place:
Indian Chimney.

I went there once. I found the food to be very bland and I got the impression that it was like all the other Indian places in town; over-priced and under-spiced.

I wish I knew why Indian restaurants here are such poor quality and worse value. Over the border in Malaysia the Indian food is 10 times better and half the price. Yet there is nothing special or expensive about the ingredients of Indian food.

Buffet or a la carte?

Some many local Indian places practice spice racism.

If you're white they tone it down.

So best to make your spice preferences clear and FIRMLY pretty much everywhere that doesn't know you personally.

I don't know the Indian Chimney, but the Golden Chimney on Pattaya Tai by the Shell station is excellent 4 star ambiance with reasonable prices for Pattaya Indian food and the chef is imported from India not local "Tai Indian" like so many others. 

Yes that's a fancy place. No business relation to Chimney. Chimney also claims to have an Indian chef.