Best Indian in Pattaya?

mcyachty

There aint a decent Indian curry in Pattaya or many parts of Thailand...after wasting much money on overpriced rubbish...with the exception of a few times then the chef changes....I refuse to waste another ruppee on crap that I or my wife can cook ten times better at a fraction of the cost than these supposedly Indian restaurants can. Take my advice get the cheap train or an Air Asia flight to Penang and get a tikka masala, rice and fresh naan from a clay oven for 9 Rinngetts (85 Baht)..best in the world, great portions, cheap and worth the trip. Heard there is yet another indian opening in Bang Saray...certainly wont be bothering travelling to try that as can gaurantee it will be cooked muck.

Try country favourite , Indian by nature is far too expensive ! 75b a popadom wake up !!!!! I grew up near Bradford west yorkshire and the prices they charge at indian by nature i could eat 3 times in the Uk

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fisherman's, Lake Mapbrachan has a good reputation. Always busy

I went there once. OK but way overpriced (which sums up most Indian places in Pattaya). Certainly nothing special. Not busy at all on the evening I went.

Thanks for your response.

When you say there is a 20 percent discount, I'm not sure what you mean.

There is nothing on your website about that, is there?

Are you talking about the Pattaya City Expats Club discount scheme?

I suppose you are.

What percentage of expats do you imagine are actually members of ANY expat club?

I don't know but if I had to guess, I would guess under FIVE percent.

I suggest if you are serious about offering a locals discount that you be more specific about that and also post the particulars on your website.

Cheers.

Sorry about not presenting the information clearly, we shall put it up on our website and Facebook page very soon. This is because we have started this promotion only very recently. In the meantime you can be rest assured all the expats living in Pattaya are eligible for 20% discount at Golden Chimney.

We hope to see you soon.

Many Thanks,

Team - Golden Chimney 

My wife wants to go for an Indian meal ,after getting hooked in the UK so if we were to come in a week or so with our son and his girlfriend , as an expat would i get 20% discount and would this apply to my Thai wife ,son and his Thai girlfriend ,?

What is the best indian resturant in south pattaya ? ..or is that an oxymoron ?

Hard to say which is the best.

For vegetarian only, try Saras.

For buffet try the place at the Beverly Hotel, 220 baht. 

Indian Touch has decent thalis. 

For an interesting kind of Indian/American fast food fusion try CHIC PUNJABI (new place, try it!)

I used to like Punjabi Tadka for North Indian but no recent experiences. 

Saras is okay but it can be expensive and there's not much atmosphere. Feels like dining inside a hotel lobby.

On the way to Saras, coming from Pattaya Tai, there's a place on the right with a big diamond on the sign. I vote that place as a safe option; decent thali set. Excelleant female Indian cook but she leaves about 2230 fyi.

Saras is not in that hotel any longer. They have moved to the top floor of Royal Garden Plaza. I found the thali at the diamond place which is called Kohinoor underwhelming.

BTW. Chic Punjabi is closed down.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edited by Jingthing

Where is country favourite please

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Its soi bonki 2 , it only has 2 tables out side for now but his take away side has started to boom , great prices great food .I had a meal yesterday , half order popadom {2} 1 butter nan , chicken madras, plain rice , salad and pickles , total cost B 199 . + delivery

The robin hood bar Jomtien has menus as does the highlander soi 10 threpasit , or call Jack on 095-098-4159

Its soi bonki 2 , it only has 2 tables out side for now but his take away side has started to boom , great prices great food .I had a meal yesterday , half order popadom {2} 1 butter nan , chicken madras, plain rice , salad and pickles , total cost B 199 . + delivery

They dont have one yet , only opened 2nd june . The robin hood bar jomtien has some as does highlander bar soi 10 threpasit .Or call Jack on 095-098-4159

Is there a menu website for country favorite please? No actual physical resto, correct?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Right...where the heck is soi bonki 2 and what is the phone number for this place?

it is located down tigglebitties bar .if u have heard of punch and judy u go down tigglebitties bar and next to it is regional land 6 where u have holiday garden resort its located just opposite to it . the number is 0950984159 .

Right...where the heck is soi bonki 2 and what is the phone number for this place?

There aint a decent Indian curry in Pattaya or many parts of Thailand...after wasting much money on overpriced rubbish...with the exception of a few times then the chef changes....I refuse to waste another ruppee on crap that I or my wife can cook ten times better at a fraction of the cost than these supposedly Indian restaurants can. Take my advice get the cheap train or an Air Asia flight to Penang and get a tikka masala, rice and fresh naan from a clay oven for 9 Rinngetts (85 Baht)..best in the world, great portions, cheap and worth the trip. Heard there is yet another indian opening in Bang Saray...certainly wont be bothering travelling to try that as can gaurantee it will be cooked muck.

Try country favourite , Indian by nature is far too expensive ! 75b a popadom wake up !!!!! I grew up near Bradford west yorkshire and the prices they charge at indian by nature i could eat 3 times in the Uk

Last time I checked, Pattaya wasn't i the UKwink.png . I think it is great value for money.

it is located down tigglebitties bar .if u have heard of punch and judy u go down tigglebitties bar and next to it is regional land 6 where u have holiday garden resort its located just opposite to it . the number is 0950984159 .

Thanks!

So this place comes recommended then?

For those across on the Darkside, I would recommend The Fisherman's Cafe up near the Lake. They also do a good delivery service. I send them a SMS with my order and address and they call back to confirm both. They also ask how spicy I want the food, 30 minutes later it's deliver to the house.

I've been to the restaurant quite a few times too, never had a bad meal there or from the delivery service. My family were across from Scotland for 3 weeks at Xmas/New Year, they also ate at Fisherman's and were impressed with the food.

The setting isn't bad either, especially in the evening when the sun's setting.

As with most of the restaurants around the lake though, the flies are a bloody nuisance!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your response.

When you say there is a 20 percent discount, I'm not sure what you mean.

There is nothing on your website about that, is there?

Are you talking about the Pattaya City Expats Club discount scheme?

I suppose you are.

What percentage of expats do you imagine are actually members of ANY expat club?

I don't know but if I had to guess, I would guess under FIVE percent.

I suggest if you are serious about offering a locals discount that you be more specific about that and also post the particulars on your website.

Cheers.

Sorry about not presenting the information clearly, we shall put it up on our website and Facebook page very soon. This is because we have started this promotion only very recently. In the meantime you can be rest assured all the expats living in Pattaya are eligible for 20% discount at Golden Chimney.

We hope to see you soon.

Many Thanks,

Team - Golden Chimney 

My wife wants to go for an Indian meal ,after getting hooked in the UK so if we were to come in a week or so with our son and his girlfriend , as an expat would i get 20% discount and would this apply to my Thai wife ,son and his Thai girlfriend ,?

Passing along news I have heard elsewhere that Golden Chimney restaurant has closed. If this info is false, please correct.

Alibaba - interior at one time was "nice" ---but through the years the decor on the walls and hanging from the ceiling could use a good dust down ...and don't turn on the bright lights or you will see the soiled table clothes and cushions. Typical Indian establishment that does not understand the importance of keeping up maintenance or appearance.  The food is "hit and miss" --depends who is the cook. Unfortunately I find that when I order carry-out (such as Waiters on Wheels) the food is not as good as if you are a customer inside the restaurant. ( --as if the restaurant thinks the "tourist" won't notice with the food being delivered.)  One Sunday evening I ordered carry out and the "chicken tika masala " was nothing but sauce poured over bits of chicken; and the samosa had been sitting around for ?? 1 day and then microwaved.  Unfortunately I had already paid for the delivery before I could send it back.   I question the owner of Alibaba --seems he is just a supervisor not involved with the quality or aware of how worn out the interior of the restaurant looks--just there to boss people around and try to  "charm" the customers.

• Like 1