6 green apples imported from nz for 120b - what do you think?

eden8

Remember that fruit etc from Oz, NZ etc is not subsidised by their governments, so there's no built-in discount, nor export incentives.

Certainly any fruit or veg seems to be a lot cheaper at Makro, and no doubt the local markets.

We would pay 60 thb per kilo for Granny Smith in Arizona. http://specials.sprouts.com/Shop/WeeklyAd.aspx Check out all our other stuff that Tops sells for at least double.

How does this relate to Chiang Mai?

People eat apples in Chiang Mai.

The poster bought the apples in Chiang Mai.

He is asking if the price is high or low for and in Chiang Mai

.....and when he is finished eating the apples the processed remains will no doubt be left in Chiang Mai.

Now what was your question again????

Edited by Gonzo the Face
  • Like 1

I would have thought that buying ALL your fruit and veges at the various markets around town would make more sense.Not only are they usually fresher but the overheads,rent, and associated costs ,including refrigeration, of a supermarket obviously go onto the end price.

We would pay 60 thb per kilo for Granny Smith in Arizona. http://specials.sprouts.com/Shop/WeeklyAd.aspx Check out all our other stuff that Tops sells for at least double.

How does this relate to Chiang Mai?

People eat apples in Chiang Mai.

The poster bought the apples in Chiang Mai.

He is asking if the price is high or low for and in Chiang Mai

.....and when he is finished eating the apples the processed remains will no doubt be left in Chiang Mai.

Now what was your question again????

The man is talking about Arizona USA. Please read it again if you missed it.

Bought 6 green apples imported from nz for 120b at tops supermarket .. i think it is not cheap..

is this the market price in CM?

That's almost $5 sgd for 6 apples ...I think you know they are expensive even compared to Singapore :-)

But there are various buying options ...I normally get mine at Makro as suggested ..

10 medium size Granny Smith apples at Makro today: 105 baht. Weight (for those who want to be pedantic) 1.48 kilos. Expensive by most standards, but three or four weeks ago they were 125 for the same pack.

However, milk at Makro today up from 75 baht last Friday to 89 baht (Foremost, whole milk, 2L). All brands up a very significant amount but the staff couldn't give us a reason for this jump of close on 20%.

10 medium size Granny Smith apples at Makro today: 105 baht. Weight (for those who want to be pedantic) 1.48 kilos. Expensive by most standards, but three or four weeks ago they were 125 for the same pack.

However, milk at Makro today up from 75 baht last Friday to 89 baht (Foremost, whole milk, 2L). All brands up a very significant amount but the staff couldn't give us a reason for this jump of close on 20%.

Milk market chaos thanks to New Zealand tainted milk products?