Bank Account on Tourist Visa?

Hey,

So my dad is looking to open a bank account with just a tourist visa. I am aware some branches allow this and others don't. He isn't picky about which bank. We were told at the Bang Kapi branch of Krung Thai bank to go to the Central World branch, apparently because its a bigger branch and they are allowed to give bank accounts to tourists.

Anyone any experiences with this? (in Bangkok)

If anyone can tell me of any particular branches where they know this to be true, that would be great!

Thanks

I opened up an account in the Krung Thai Bank Branch in Exchange Tower at Asoke. And the Kasikorn Branch right next to the KTB branch.

All on a tourist visa. Done some years ago. No hassle whats so ever. I ultimately dumped KTB for its crappy banking website.

• Like 1

I opened mine with just the 30 day entry,passport.it was kasikorn,at the mall in korat.

Wow ! When was that achieved ?

I have little luck (or practically no luck) with Kasikorn Bank, so far. I have tried K.Bank @ MBK, @ Asokemontri (Beside Asoke Tower), @ New Petchaburi Road (Opposite Riveira Massage), @ Fortune Centre.

K. Bank has always insisted on WP, something like No WP No Talk ! I explained to them that I was able to open account with Bangkok Bank without TR (Tourist Visa), but they claimed "different bank different policy".

Last month I did what a lot of people suggest, Central World 4th floor. I think every bank in Thailand has a branch there. I tried Kasikorn first, they said no work permit no bank account. Tried Krungsri next, no problem. I had my passport and my condo lease agreement. I was in and out with a bank book and an ATM card in 30 minutes.

I am with Bangkok Bank, but I have always wanted K. Bank. Why ?

I realised that most Thais are with K. Bank, including my Condo Juristic Person A/C. So with K. Bank, I can do a lot of internal transfers without incurring extra costs.

Someone just mentioned Siam Square ? Ok, I will try ! And I'm also eyeing K. Bank's 3.5% fixed deposit !

• Like 1

I opened mine with just the 30 day entry,passport.it was kasikorn,at the mall in korat.

I also opened with 30 day entry, this year January. Kasikorn bank on Trat. Local girl helped me, because in bank did not have single people who could communicate with english.

Bit strange.

Also in Pattaya, opened bank account with Kasikorn, never even looked at or copied the visa page, only the picture page of passport.

Slipped me a piece if paper to write down my address and mobile phone nr.

In and out in 5 minutes, took another 24 hours to get the internet banking and webshopping card going. All self applied at ATM machine.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app