My 30baht coffee.. -_-

eden8

Did Mee Mee Coffe move to Rt. 3029 not far from Rimping? The restaurant moved across the way and they coffee shop stayed but I saw a Mee Mee Coffee down the road a bit and believe the old spot is taken by something else now.

Did Mee Mee Coffe move to Rt. 3029 not far from Rimping? The restaurant moved across the way and they coffee shop stayed but I saw a Mee Mee Coffee down the road a bit and believe the old spot is taken by something else now.

No, still there - but across from her original place. She has moved around the market a couple of times over the years. Just ran into her about a week ago. Nice lady.

• Like 1

Actually that photo looks about the right volume for a short black or esspresso. Should be less than 30 ml. does not look to have been too well made though. The crema is not too atractive.

The short black is the foundation of any espresso drink. The term 'short' refers to the fact that this is simply an espresso shot, no extra water is added apart from what is used to brew the coffee. Black of course comes from the colour of the drink due to the fact that there is no milk added.

A short black is a 30ml shot of espresso served in a demitasse cup, and a good/fresh short black will have a thick golden crema on top. This is of course the basis for almost all espresso coffees.

http://guide2coffee.com/styles-of-coffee/non-milk-based-espresso-drinks/

Edited by harrry

Did that cup give you the caffeine jolt you wanted? I used to buy the RED (name, sorry forget) espresso found in 7-11 and other stores. it was 30ish baht and good for 2 cups and strong. the 3-in-1 coffee seemed to have tons of sugar and not for me.

there is also some Chinese tea in 7-11 that is pretty strong, just remember to fill the cup first, drain, then put water in again. I don't really drink coffee for the taste, just the kick.

• Like 1

Not another coffee debate? smile.png

My favorite is from Ristr8to Nimmanhaemin Rd. The bloke who runs it is a true coffee latte art champion from Australia. If you're really in to coffee (and if you're very picky about the crema) that is the palce to go to. Not exactly expensive either.. starting at 40-ish baht?

Edited by infernalman7
  • Like 1

It looks like the "barista" hit the espresso setting instead of the setting for latte. A shot of espresso first thing in the morning will put the bounce back into your step.

omg..you guys really know what i order!

yes, it is bitter but feel awesome! (i drink it without any sugar or milk)