Honda cbr650 2014

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

really surprised for 6000 thb rim set!

they ask 4000 - 5000 thb for a new set of good rims for my Honda wave125x!

I got to the bottom of this. Is acually 7000 for 2nd set or rims. I want to keep gold rims in case i want to go back to them.

found this on facebook, looks like issue on rear wheel bolt tightening at wrong torque.

Yes, basically it says that bikes with the frame numbers in the sequences listed in the notification may have an issue with incorrect torque of the swingarm fixing bolt, which may give rise to a feeling of vibration from the centre of the bike. Honda dealers will be reaching out to customers and asking them to make an appointment to come in and have the bolt changed and torqued to correct spec, at no charge. It says the work will take about 15 minutes. It also mentions checking the torque of the engine frame bolts. Letter is dated 20 June.

That your bike, LL?

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

yep, that is my bike:)

i went for 6000 km service yesterday and they fixed the swing arm bolt within like 5 minutes.

it is just wrong torque.

Bigwing BKK was so crowded yesterday. Lost of new bike deliveries and service.

Bigwing sales guys said, they have sold over 2000 cb /cbr650 so far which they say a very good number for them.

Oil and oil filter changed although it is not at service list at 6000 km. fill the bike with full synthetic oil as break in period is passed.

Bike runs smoother with full synthetic oil, it rides like a dream!

Was at bigwing yesterday and lots of riders there.

Noticed another full system this time from 'Performance Thailand'

They say 22k and 5 percent increase in performace - dyno tested and proven. Talked with the owner. He showed me dyno sheet.

Also it sounds good. Not loud but a nice tone.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-14035072372484_thumb.jpg

They say 22k and 5 percent increase in performace - dyno tested and proven. Talked with the owner. He showed me dyno sheet.

That looks like a Two Brothers knock off for the can eh?

Oil and oil filter changed although it is not at service list at 6000 km. fill the bike with full synthetic oil as break in period is passed.

Normally no oil or filter at 6k LL ?

What is their interval on that bike?

The 1k for sure but if not 6k when did they

list the next normal oil change for that model?

Just wondering

Edited by mania

exactly mania! but sure that full system gives 4 hp, i see the dyno sheet of bigwing bkk. Still, i never buy it as i am still waiting for a pipe under the swingarm not on the side. They said another guy does custom under swingarm slip on but it only gives 1,5 - 2 hp they added - again tested and proven by dyno. I might go for it as that guy does it for 8000 thb only. You know now popular small cans like Austin Racing does - photos attached.

Also, some guys there yesterday and another cb/cbr650 club i met accidentally Saturday night in an open mall at Ratchapuek road, they said Devil pipes does not give 5.5 % increase in performance. They said, they dyno test their pipe with high octane fuel and played with the dyno test a bit, not sure if they say true though.

Normally no oil or filter at 6k LL ?

What is their interval on that bike?

The 1k for sure but if not 6k when did they

list the next normal oil change for that model?

Just wondering

mania, service manual says every 12,000 km for oil and filter change of course after 1000 km oil and filter change. But i always change oil after 6000 km and use full synthetic after 6000 km as well. 12 k oil change is bs if you ask me, just too much strain to the engine.

Also, service charges for 650 series for 96,000 km is only 34,500 THB - add 11 k more if you want full synthetic oil only. Not bad!

it means around 8500 thb per year per 4 years and less than 7000 thb per year per 5 years.

post-184955-0-71821900-1403514963_thumb.

post-184955-0-42201700-1403514964_thumb.

exactly mania! but sure that full system gives 4 hp, i see the dyno sheet of bigwing bkk. Still, i never buy it as i am still waiting for a pipe under the swingarm not on the side. They said another guy does custom under swingarm slip on but it only gives 1,5 - 2 hp they added - again tested and proven by dyno. I might go for it as that guy does it for 8000 thb only. You know now popular small cans like Austin Racing does - photos attached.

Also, some guys there yesterday and another cb/cbr650 club i met accidentally Saturday night in an open mall at Ratchapuek road, they said Devil pipes does not give 5.5 % increase in performance. They said, they dyno test their pipe with high octane fuel and played with the dyno test a bit, not sure if they say true though.

Do you have info and photos of the 8000B slip on?

Do you have info and photos of the 8000B slip on?

nomad, i have seen one before at one of the facebook pages for cbr650f but cannot locate it now.

I will get more information about it once i met with those guys for a night ride.

but check these 'powerlube' guys: http://www.cbr650f.com/forum/index.php/topic,202.0.html

they have a model of fake yoshimura they can make it under swingarm for 8000 thb.

post-184955-0-54120600-1403679555_thumb.

post-184955-0-45367700-1403679556_thumb.

Finally got my seat cover. 2900 thb and made by a nice guy in Hua Hin.

Fits perfectly and good quality. No shaking, no movement.

Really transformed that chubby rear end in a nice way. Bike looks different with it, sharper which i liked it a lot!

post-184955-14036811709971_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14036811984399_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14036812384481_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14036812588632_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14036812793128_thumb.jpg

Finally got my seat cover.

Nice looking LL & nice price too wink.png

When I see your pics I always think none

can accuse you of not riding that bike

always looks like you use it for all weather conditions wink.png

it looks closer to cbr1000rr now, i am thinking on getting smoked taillight which looks much more better than the stock msx 125 taillight!

Motodynamic brand has one - again for msx though! - and k speed and some other shops sell it like between 2700 to 3300 thb.

It will look more like a cbr1000rr with itlaugh.png so i can feel better until i get my 2015 - 2016 cbr1000rr or maybe v four 1000 rr - who knows!.

bikes are for riding mania, they are not decorative objects for me that sits in your garage or living room!

Also, bikes are my main transport for 15 years and no cars! I ride bikes at any weather - love riding under rain! - and any time.

post-184955-0-10865200-1403683718_thumb.

post-184955-0-85829700-1403683718_thumb.

post-184955-0-61992900-1403683719_thumb.

it looks closer to cbr1000rr now, i am thinking on getting smoked taillight which looks much more better than the stock msx 125 taillight!

Motodynamic brand has one - again for msx though! - and k speed and some other shops sell it like between 2700 to 3300 thb.

It will look more like a cbr1000rr with it:lol: so i can feel better until i get my 2015 - 2016 cbr1000rr or maybe v four 1000 rr - who knows!.

bikes are for riding mania, they are not decorative objects for me that sits in your garage or living room!

Also, bikes are my main transport for 15 years and no cars! I ride bikes at any weather - love riding under rain! - and any time.

LL watch Devil as they just came out with a tail light too

Also priced about 1600 less than Moto

2300 for Ninja 300

2600 for Z800

They have for Ninja 300 & Z800 so surely they will do a 650cbr too

Although Moto is well know & works well I know

10313173_837153842964523_347354251876677

10342960_836496349696939_843534122754621

Edited by mania

Was there a way to cheaply modify the stock exhaust to make it sound like a sport bike again? I've tried to look back through the pages but can't find anything.

k speed does modify the stock pipe and it sounds good really.

basically, they take the cat out and clean the pipe.

But dont recommend as there is no turning back.

Was there a way to cheaply modify the stock exhaust to make it sound like a sport bike again? I've tried to look back through the pages but can't find anything.

Thanks. I wonder if shops which sell their stuff, like Bike Saloon here in Phuket can do this. Would be alright until they come out with a reasonably priced underslung slip on. The stock sound is far too quiet. Like an electric.

Thanks. I wonder if shops which sell their stuff, like Bike Saloon here in Phuket can do this. Would be alright until they come out with a reasonably priced underslung slip on. The stock sound is far too quiet. Like an electric.

i am sure any shop dealing with motorbike exhausts can open it and clean the cat or at least they know a shop that can do it. Also, they cut the tip of the pipe and make the exit larger too. not a very hard job.

I have seen how k speed is doing it. Actually, they send the pipes to another shop to get them modified.

I seen 6000 thb slip ons for 650 series but as i stated before, they decrease a couple of horsepower.

What does Thailand do for emission testing of motorbikes?

What does Thailand do for emission testing of motorbikes?

emission standards are surprisingly high for Thailand same standards as California and Europe!

But, they mostly never make an emission test.

Still, couple of times, i have seen checkpoints that are testing emission tests with a computerized device.

so, mostly no problems about it still you never know, this is TIT!

Finally got my seat cover. 2900 thb and made by a nice guy in Hua Hin.

Fits perfectly and good quality. No shaking, no movement.

Really transformed that chubby rear end in a nice way. Bike looks different with it, sharper which i liked it a lot!

Thats a fine looking bike, LL.....

cb650f modified to the moon.

what about the motive short box full system?

Not great looking (the square box) but cannot fault the tone/sound is quite good.

yeah, i dont like the boxy design much either.

still sounds good and if it is cheap and decreasing lots of weight, it should be OK.

i need exactly such a pipe under the swingarm but this one is ugly.

After my tire incident yesterday with the biggest metal object you can get, i had no chance but to change tires.

So got a set of pirelli rosso2s from Big Wheel Bangkok for only 11,000 thb after 15% discount coupon that pirelli sent me long time ago via post after a track day. Price including balancing and labor.

Lucky that they are very close to my office so i could ride the bike slowly over there.

Cool price as i got a set of rosso2s before fory cbr500 and paid 8600 thb.

Bike found its balance. Handles great now. Turn ins are faster too. Cool grip!

Thinking to get diablo rosso corsas as price difference is only 800 thb but wet perfromance and longevity of rosso2 changed my mind. Dont want to tear apart a nice expensive set of tires on metal plates of metro constructions. Also they dont have one in stock yesterday and want to get something fast!

It is always amazing how a set of premium tire makes a bike faster, safer and handles much more better!

But tires are so rigid su you feel the bumps little bit more.

Overall, i was about to change the tires anyway so it is a well spent 11 k thb.

post-184955-14041888323871_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14041888468103_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14041888599993_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14041888714046_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14041888839422_thumb.jpg

Edited by ll2