Marriage, Valid proof of income ? when you are not paying tax in your home country.

Nakonamath

Hi guys,

I try to get hold of some information here.

i Need some information from some one in same situation as me. i asked interactive (lawfirm) got a quite short answer which was not very useful.

When we foreigners marry at Thai, they require we can take care of the woman, Fair enough !

My wife earn her own money and have done it all the time we have been together!

However, that does not remove the requirement, now we have 2 kids, and for legal reasons, i / we want to marry.

I live in Thailand on my 4th year, i do not have work permit and i do not work here, i am part owner of a electronics factory in China, we export electronics. i transfer money into my wifes account, and we have done that for years.

My question is, have any of you guyes who do online work, and get money from Paypal or whatever, got married, and what did you show the Amphur ?

Tomorrow my wife will go to the Amphur, explain them the situation and ask them what they want to see, but i wish to have a little knowledge on my own.

Please respect, i am interested in advice from others who have tried similar situation, where you are not working and paying taxes in your Home country.

Jack

...I live in Thailand on my 4th year, i do not have work permit and i do not work here...My question is, have any of you guyes who do online work...

Please clarify: with "you guyes", do you mean foreigners working online in Thailand without a work permit?

...I live in Thailand on my 4th year, i do not have work permit and i do not work here...My question is, have any of you guyes who do online work...

Please clarify: with "you guyes", do you mean foreigners working online in Thailand without a work permit?

Hi Maestro,

Guys, who are in same situation or similar as me :-)

Jack

To get married you must get an affirmation letter from your embassy. This letter next needs to be translated into Thai and then certified at the Thai Foreign Ministry, consular department. When that is done you take the paperwork to any amphur and you get married.

The embassy letter should indeed have information about your income. What evidence the embassy/conslate requires is up to them. So you better first check your embassies website, it should have some info on there.

No use to go to the amphur, they will want to see the letter from your embassy and use that information in their process.

To get married you must get an affirmation letter from your embassy. This letter next needs to be translated into Thai and then certified at the Thai Foreign Ministry, consular department. When that is done you take the paperwork to any amphur and you get married.

The embassy letter should indeed have information about your income. What evidence the embassy/conslate requires is up to them. So you better first check your embassies website, it should have some info on there.

No use to go to the amphur, they will want to see the letter from your embassy and use that information in their process.

Yes i know

It is only yhe proof of income part i didnt know.

well my wife went to Amphur, and they said they didnt need any income proof at all.

Jack

The Amphur is not concerned by your income, but the immigration will be when you come to apply for a visa extension..

Can you not just chuck 400K in a bank and that is you covered for your visa extensions.

I trust you are receiving a salary from your Chinese factory?

The other option is to get an income letter from your embassy showing you make over 40k thb per month

Although if you never leave Thailand, not sure if immigration with ask how you work for China factory...

Although if you are the owner of the factory... Guess you could just tell them you own the factory... So you hire others to work and you just take a salary every month for doing nothing

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

For extension of stay based on Marriage to a Thai, suggest you open a bank account in your own name and ask your wife to transfer 400,000 baht to it.

After two months this will satisfy the Immigration financial requirements for granting a one year extension of stay.