Sim card at Heathrow or Kings Cross?

pattayadingo

Never had to look or get one before as I always had one with me and now do not, but can you get a UK sim card on arrival at Heathrow or maybe at Kings Cross rail station?

Thanks.

Edited by pattayadingo

If you have a friend in the UK you could always get your free giffgaff SIM sent to them and have them forward it on. Just before you leave charge up with £10 and have a month's service including:

500 minutes to any network

500 texts

1 Gb data

They use the O2 network, which isn't the best but certainly served us well. Really worth checking out as it is an outrageous deal.

If you have a friend in the UK you could always get your free giffgaff SIM sent to them and have them forward it on. Just before you leave charge up with £10 and have a month's service including:

500 minutes to any network

500 texts

1 Gb data

They use the O2 network, which isn't the best but certainly served us well. Really worth checking out as it is an outrageous deal.

Thanks for that.

I'm happy to be able to pick a sim card up on arrival and us that. If I can pick up a virgin one, all the better, I have credit on one that can be transferred.

Really just to keep in touch with people UK side while I am there and give them updates on my arrival time so they can pick me up in the car and have my dinner ready on time ;).