BlackMountain area any good for development ?

MarcoR

Hi,

Looking at possibly purchasing some land in the Black Mountain area to build a villa on. We will obviously do some due dilligence, in the mean time would appreciate some feed back on the area. We have only visited once and we liked what we saw.

Anyone now of any nuclear power plants going up in the near future ?

thanks

Marc

Edited by MarcoR

That is a nice area, but the problem with making a big home investment in Thailand is that there are no zoning laws like in the west so probably no nuclear plant, but you could end up with a 3 story Thai condo, fish sauce factory, or a chicken farm, etc., next door. I'd be careful to do a lot of research about who owns the adjacent land and want they plan to do with it before investing a lot of money.

Many land slides in the area

Thanks, maybe the land you talk of is closer to the mountain. The topography of the area we are interested in is flat, free from flooding and most definately land slides.

I thought you weren't able to buy land in your own name...maybe wise to investigate the legal hurdles before the location?

Thanks, having lived in Thailand for 13 years and with a couple of properties under our belt I fully understand the implications with land ownership.

After visiting the Hua Hin area for the last 15 odd years I would say for you to look 12km south of Hua Hin, in an area called Had Sai Noi(best beach in area by a million miles) and Had Sai Yai(bork gale, in thai). Also look along the road to pak nam pran form borg gale and also pak nam pran beach road that goes nearly all the way to sam roi yot

I could list 20 reasons why this area is much better than black mountain(sorry no time)

Black mountain area during the massive dry season in hua hin looks very ugly and dusty and your right next door to motorway 4, just over the hills

good luck with your search

• Like 1

Yes I have 4 rai on soi 120 which is south of town centre by 10 minute drive and that area is already full of long time and new development. PM me if you are interested in this area.

Hi I tried sending you a pm. Could you message me a price please per rai.

I dont think you can send pm's as you dont have enough posts, not sure?

You seem serious so i will give you a number of a very good thai in the had sai noi area, the plots are mostly local thai's wanting to sell, all within 3 min drive of had sai noi, my family dealt with them about 10 years ago and we always see them around when we visit, they are local to the area and most plots around there get sold this way and not through western agency's. they have a 4 rai plot as i saw it last week with sea view about 2 mins drive to had sai noi

zero eight seven zero six nine eight three six seven (nok)