Motorbike Taxi Driver killed in high-speed collision in Central Pattaya

Rimmer

Motorbike Taxi Driver killed in high-speed collision in Central Pattaya
PATTAYA:--A 28 year old motorbike taxi driver collided head on with a car on Pattaya Third Road in the early hours of Wednesday and was killed instantly.

The collision took place in front of the entrance to Soi Lengki just after 4am and resulted in the death of Khun Somshai who works on a taxi rank in Soi 11 off Jomtien Beach Road.

The victim’s bike collided head-on with a Black Honda Accord driven by Khun Walalat aged 36. She told Police that she was transporting a family member to the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya who needed medical attention and claimed the motorbike, which was travelling towards South Pattaya, overtook a slower moving vehicle, and came over the center line and into the opposing lane. At this point the collision took place which caused significant front-end damage to the car.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/98291/motorbike-taxi-driver-killed-high-speed-collision-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-08

" overtook a slower moving vehicle, and came over the center line and into the opposing lane."

This seems standard behaviour by motorcyclists and motorists when southbound vehicles are turning right at the traffic light junction from 3rd road into Pattaya Klang.

Very often in order not to miss the green right arrow the vehicles tear along 3rd road on the opposite side of the double yellow line without any regard whatsoever for northbound vehicles who should have right of way. I have often had to pull over between a couple of buses parked on the left to avoid a collision with some jerk who thinks traffic laws should only be applied whenever they feel like it.bah.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

This could easily have happened to me yesterday a m/cyclist did the very same thing at speed ,i missed him by inches.,i do believe that if most of the Thai drivers here had another brain cell ,they would be a plant.sad.png

• Like 1

Asiantravel - have you had to many Changs today?

Soi Lengkee is nowhere near Pattaya Klang. It´s very near Pattaya Tai though....

And the woman was heading north, to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, ... not south as you are implicating....

" overtook a slower moving vehicle, and came over the center line and into the opposing lane."

This seems standard behaviour by motorcyclists and motorists when southbound vehicles are turning right at the traffic light junction from 3rd road into Pattaya Klang.

Very often in order not to miss the green right arrow the vehicles tear along 3rd road on the opposite side of the double yellow line without any regard whatsoever for northbound vehicles who should have right of way. I have often had to pull over between a couple of buses parked on the left to avoid a collision with some jerk who thinks traffic laws should only be applied whenever they feel like it.bah.gif

Soi Lengkee is nowhere near Pattaya Klang. It´s very near Pattaya Tai though....

And the woman was heading north, to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, ... not south as you are implicating....

Wow, for being so strict on logistics, I would think that you would be aware that Soi Lengkee is almost the same distance from Pattaya Tai or Pattaya Klang. Open another Leo!

Soi Lengkee - Pattaya Thai 650 metres. Soi Lengkee - Pattaya Klang 1.000 metres according to Google Maps.

Wow, for being so strict on logistics, I would think that you would be aware that Soi Lengkee is almost the same distance from Pattaya Tai or Pattaya Klang. Open another Leo!