PM Yingluck chairs onboard meeting on railway development plan

webfact

PM chairs onboard meeting on railway development plan
By English News

train.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Thursday led cabinet minsters travelling by special train from Bangkok to Nakhon Pathom and will chair an onboard meeting on a railway development plan.

Before departing from Hua Lampong railway station to ride the rails up to Nakhon Pathom station, Ms Yingluck delivered a vision statement on railroad development.

Ms Yingluck urged the State Railways of Thailand (SRT) to increase its potential in order to transfer excess road transport traffic into rail system transportation.

She also called on the SRT to improve its services and safety.

During the trip, Ms Yingluck will also chair a meeting of certain cabinet ministers such as Deputy Prime Minister/Finance Minister Kitttratt Na Ranong, Transport Minister Chadchart Sittipunt and SRT governor Prapat Chongsanguan on the railway development plan.

The prime minister will stop at Nakhon Pathom station and travel further by road, and was scheduled to visit Nong Pho Dairy Co-operative in Ratchaburi, and to observe wild elephants at Kui Buri national park in Prachuab Kirikhan.

At Hua Hun, Ms Yingluck will attend a meeting of permanent secretary-level government officials which will discuss the development of an action plan for national strategies such as the development of organic agriculture, promotion of tourism, and the development of life cycle from birth to old age, energy development, as well as public efficiency enhancement.

The premier will stay overnight in Hua Hin and will depart for Bangkok in the afternoon by helicopter. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-08-08

The premier will stay overnight in Hua Hin and will depart for Bangkok in the afternoon by helicopter

Notice they did not say she would depart in the evening. Still no lights eh?

• Like 1

r u <deleted> kidding me?

is she doing this today?

thought they were reading the amnesty bill today

a bill that might destroy Thailand and she is not even kind enough to show up

She really must be the worst leader any country has ever seen

pathetic at it's best

You are absolutly wrong. She is the best cheerleader any country has ever seen.

It's to fund all the development that her cronies are undertaking in places like Hua Hin.

For instance, former TRT deputy PM Suwat Liptapanlop's Intercontinental Hotel and his water park Vana Nava and other grade Nakhon nowhere lousy developments in Hua Hin courtesy of his daughter Proudputh Liptapanlop's hard work. Example SC Asset's The Crest Santora ugly eye sore in Hua Hin. Example Sansiri's numerous Hua Hin developments.

It would be unthinkable to rely on business knowhow and skill to create demand. Oh no. Why not just rely on a train paid for by the tax payers to generate the midweek revenue that Hua Hin currently misses out on. Why not spend tax payer money upgrading the airport, so that Thaksin's Airasia can fly directly to Hua Hin and line the pockets of his supporters.

Some might question how the train can be justified by saying "we need a way to deliver fruit, flowers and vegetables to Hua Hin, which has 30% wastage as a result of transport logistics issues" instead of the truth which is, "our developments only make us mega rich, so we want to use tax payer money to make ourselves mega mega rich."

I have to admit there is something about Suwat Liptapanlop that turns the stomach.

• Like 1

Ms Yingluck delivered a vision statement on railroad development.

Ms Yingluck urged the State Railways of Thailand (SRT) to increase its potential in order to transfer excess road transport traffic into rail system transportation.

Did she forget that she actually runs this organisation?

Ms Yingluck delivered a vision statement on railroad development.

Did she forget that she actually runs this organisation?

Does she have a memory? Forgot to turn up for the first day of the Amnesty Bill reading although promised to do so. Ohh, silly me, must be much more exciting to go out on a train ride and be feted like the hiso you are than attend and watch all those silly democrats trying to delay the inevitable.

Has she actually done anything, taken responsibility for anything, or accepted accountability for anything in the last 2 years ? Cried in the floods, filed defamation suits, got her kid selected to walk out with Chelsea, made a great effort at being the PM with the most contradictory statements ever, run up more air miles than anyone and appointed herself DM.

Run anything - has she ever?

Some might question how the train can be justified by saying "we need a way to deliver fruit, flowers and vegetables to Hua Hin, which has 30% wastage as a result of transport logistics issues" instead of the truth which is, "our developments only make us mega rich, so we want to use tax payer money to make ourselves mega mega rich."

I have to admit there is something about Suwat Liptapanlop that turns the stomach.

Indeed. Suwat turning stomaches is not so rare.

While he spells his name Suwat (สุวัจน์) It would be fitting if he was called Ngoo Suwat (งูสวัด) which in English is referred to as shingles, known for a distinctive rash usually across the back or stomach. Also, calling him a snake would mean no doubt those meeting him alongside other nationalities, might consider to hit this snake on the head first, contrary to popular belief.

However, on the plus side, it is hard to think of a person more capable of talking about themselves in glowing terms, after listening to the man talk about his huge contribution to lawn tennis, how he does a lot of work for charity but doesn't like to talk about it (other than to tell us all about it for 20 minutes) and his prowess as a business person and politician, one might be forgiven for actually thinking he alone was responsible for every Thai success in the last 20 years.

Coupled with a poor command of English, rambling logic, complete lack of principles and a eye for skim, I am sure his destiny is to be a PM at some point.

• Like 1

All the fluff and hot air delivered in front of a picture of HSR, her own private scam that has nothing to do with SRT.

Can anybody tell me what "the development of life cycle from birth to old age" means. Most of us seem to have managed it with the old system, without any assistance or development.

• Like 1

The railway development plan is of next to no help for Thais or Thailand. It's all about China. A high speed train from China to Singapore doesn't do tiddly-squat for a Thai hoping for a modern train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai that doesn't topple over weekly.

is she doing this today?

pathetic at it's best

You are absolutly wrong. She is the best cheerleader any country has ever seen.

Promoting Thainess non-stop

The railway development plan is of next to no help for Thais or Thailand. It's all about China. A high speed train from China to Singapore doesn't do tiddly-squat for a Thai hoping for a modern train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai that doesn't topple over weekly.

Why would the Chinese want an HST through Thailand to Singapore?

is she doing this today?

pathetic at it's best

I would like to press 'like' on your post but I understand such actions are a voice of agreement and could now get me arrested......................... Doh !!

If what I understand of the railways (SRT) plans as reported is correct then they are only interested in double tracking and improving the system that they have at present.

The high speed thing is a completely separate, thought up to justify the borrowing of 2.2 trillion.

Thought up by who?..........................then PT acts.

"Why would the Chinese want an HST through Thailand to Singapore?"

Your computer doesn't have Google Maps?

Is Malaysia also on the HST bandwagon. Chinese wishing to do business or tourism in Singapore would surely fly.

I am aware of S'pore's strategic location, but any freight movements will surely pass through Myanmar and the port on the Yangon river. Isn't that the plan?

"Is Malaysia also on the HST bandwagon. Chinese wishing to do business or tourism in Singapore would surely fly.

I am aware of S'pore's strategic location, but any freight movements will surely pass through Myanmar and the port on the Yangon river. Isn't that the plan?"

Good questions. Since Malaysia is even more owned by its Chinese business establishment than SaYaam is, I expect no hesitation from that direction. Ironically, freight trains are the way to go in the 21st century -- Why else would Warren Buffet pay $26 billion for Burlington. I expect the razzle-dazzle high-speed that so attracts media attention isn't the real future. Freight through Myanmar is logical but I expect logic won't be controlling.

Is that the real train she's standing in front of?

I doubt very much we will see anything like that running here in my lifetime and the next picture is Concorde!!

BKK to CNX in the blink of an eye, just what evry Thai wants and that Thainess !