PM Yingluck chairs onboard meeting on railway development plan

webfact

If they really want to have a look out how to a run a good metre guage railway they have a look at FEVE in northern Spain, have a look yourself on youtube.com you only have to look at the trackbed to see this is a lot safer and that is one of the keys. I am not Spanish by the way, Gibraltar does not belong to them eitherclap2.gif

Some might question how the train can be justified by saying "we need a way to deliver fruit, flowers and vegetables to Hua Hin, which has 30% wastage as a result of transport logistics issues" instead of the truth which is, "our developments only make us mega rich, so we want to use tax payer money to make ourselves mega mega rich."

I have to admit there is something about Suwat Liptapanlop that turns the stomach.

However, on the plus side, it is hard to think of a person more capable of talking about themselves in glowing terms, after listening to the man talk about his huge contribution to lawn tennis, how he does a lot of work for charity but doesn't like to talk about it (other than to tell us all about it for 20 minutes) and his prowess as a business person and politician, one might be forgiven for actually thinking he alone was responsible for every Thai success in the last 20 years.

There is something irritating about sports officials in every country with their blue blazers,their wobbling paunches, their lower middle class accents and stupendous self importance.For various reasons one is doubly outraged by Thai sports officials like Suwat.There are so many of them for a start and there's always a frisson of a suspicion they are on the take.Is it wrong to dream of giving him a big slap? Well at least he hasn't got a wobbling paunch.As part of my intellectual research I recently read a profile of him in that great organ of gossip,Hello.Irritatingly he had sent his sprogs to rather good schools in the UK.Most of his ilk choose some ghastly St Custards type academy under the impression it is akin to Eton or Harrow.

Some might question how the train can be justified by saying "we need a way to deliver fruit, flowers and vegetables to Hua Hin, which has 30% wastage as a result of transport logistics issues" instead of the truth which is, "our developments only make us mega rich, so we want to use tax payer money to make ourselves mega mega rich."

I have to admit there is something about Suwat Liptapanlop that turns the stomach.

However, on the plus side, it is hard to think of a person more capable of talking about themselves in glowing terms, after listening to the man talk about his huge contribution to lawn tennis, how he does a lot of work for charity but doesn't like to talk about it (other than to tell us all about it for 20 minutes) and his prowess as a business person and politician, one might be forgiven for actually thinking he alone was responsible for every Thai success in the last 20 years.

There is something irritating about sports officials in every country with their blue blazers,their wobbling paunches, their lower middle class accents and stupendous self importance.For various reasons one is doubly outraged by Thai sports officials like Suwat.There are so many of them for a start and there's always a frisson of a suspicion they are on the take.Is it wrong to dream of giving him a big slap? Well at least he hasn't got a wobbling paunch.As part of my intellectual research I recently read a profile of him in that great organ of gossip,Hello.Irritatingly he had sent his sprogs to rather good schools in the UK.Most of his ilk choose some ghastly St Custards type academy under the impression it is akin to Eton or Harrow.

Yep. And then, after attending a Thai university and collecting their obligatory degree here they are sent to some ghastly Kentuckyville type one, under the impression that it's akin to Harvard or Yale and obtain one that might actually be worth paying for.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1