Thailand to use cat bags to entice tourists

webfact

1. It is not a Siam Cat, it is a Thai Cat. The Siam Cat was transformed into a creepy and skinny something with a bat's head. Some can only eat soft food as the tiny jaws can't hold their teeth any more. The Thai Cat is now what the original Siam Cat once was, before it fell victim to unscrupulous breeders.

2. They picked the worst shots of a Thai Cat available.

3. Any owner who puts a collar with a little bell on a cat should be publicly flogged. Then they should be forced to wear an appropriately sized flea collar with a bell, 20 cm in diameter, for 30 days 24/7, so they learn that cats HATE these bells.

There is no need to do this IF your cats are HOUSE cats. The bell is safety for birds. House cats do not need flea collars unless your house is not cleaned regular.

In Thailand it is difficult to have a cat that has total freedom (outside time). street dogs will kill on sight, and most will mate- fight-cause a nuisence to neighbours- A cat that is out most of the time has a short life compared with a house cat. If you care for your cat totally he will be INSIDE.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long Live our intellectual, gullible, foreigners living in Thailand. Next thing you will believe is that Thais eat dogs!!!!!!!!

I thought Thai folk were not too keen on cat's. facepalm.gif

Just asked the maid if Esaan people like cats. She said they like to eat them.

Personally, I think they're lovely. (As you can tell by my avatar, I'm an ailurophile.)

Why shouldn't a breed unique to Thailand be used to promote the country?

A lot more appealing than scantily clad super models with shopping bags.

I despise these filthy smelly decease ridden vermon. They <deleted> and urinate everywhere and the odour emitted by these creatures is so overpowering. Would definitely turn me off taking a trip to a country that promotes these filthy creatures. Fertiliser is all they are good for.

Just my opinionwink.png

Love to be near---- to see you say this face to face to a Bengal Tiger.

smile.png won't happen as I don't go near cats, their stench is to much.

O.K.you dont like them, BUT they are one of the most clean animals if given the right conditions, they sleep 19 hours a day, they are always washing themselves,--this bad attitude stems from an earlier age ??? I have 2 cats indoors and my home smells better than most homes, cats do not STINK. lift your arm up at times and sniff---who smells more cats or human form.

• Like 1

Nature abhors a vacuum, but not as much as cats do.

Are you suggesting the cat bags should be filled with kitty litter? coffee1.gif

Good idea! Cat litter is too expensive here - couldn't shoo her out since I live on the sixth floor!sick.gif

1. It is not a Siam Cat, it is a Thai Cat. The Siam Cat was transformed into a creepy and skinny something with a bat's head. Some can only eat soft food as the tiny jaws can't hold their teeth any more. The Thai Cat is now what the original Siam Cat once was, before it fell victim to unscrupulous breeders.

3. Any owner who puts a collar with a little bell on a cat should be publicly flogged. Then they should be forced to wear an appropriately sized flea collar with a bell, 20 cm in diameter, for 30 days 24/7, so they learn that cats HATE these bells.

There is no need to do this IF your cats are HOUSE cats. The bell is safety for birds. House cats do not need flea collars unless your house is not cleaned regular.

In Thailand it is difficult to have a cat that has total freedom (outside time). street dogs will kill on sight, and most will mate- fight-cause a nuisence to neighbours- A cat that is out most of the time has a short life compared with a house cat. If you care for your cat totally he will be INSIDE.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but the bell is just a nuisance for the cat. Cats on the prowl move very slowly, so the bell does not ring and they pounce on the prey with one leap. The "ping" the bird might then hear is the last sound before the world turns dark. But most of the time cats miss the birds they stalk. Cats are lousy at judging vertical movements.

Anyway, the freaky coloured necklace and the bell are just absolute show stoppers for a promotional photo.

• Like 1

Don't want to hijack this thread, but the bell is just a nuisance for the cat. Cats on the prowl move very slowly, so the bell does not ring and they pounce on the prey with one leap. The "ping" the bird might then hear is the last sound before the world turns dark. But most of the time cats miss the birds they stalk. Cats are lousy at judging vertical movements.

Anyway, the freaky coloured necklace and the bell are just absolute show stoppers for a promotional photo.

As I stated cats do not need collars. Care for your cat keep it indoors if you love it, or don't own one. An exception would be a house with a large plot of land/farm.

I despise these filthy smelly decease ridden vermon. They <deleted> and urinate everywhere and the odour emitted by these creatures is so overpowering. Would definitely turn me off taking a trip to a country that promotes these filthy creatures. Fertiliser is all they are good for.

Just my opinionwink.png

Love to be near---- to see you say this face to face to a Bengal Tiger.

smile.png won't happen as I don't go near cats, their stench is to much.

O.K.you dont like them, BUT they are one of the most clean animals if given the right conditions, they sleep 19 hours a day, they are always washing themselves,--this bad attitude stems from an earlier age ??? I have 2 cats indoors and my home smells better than most homes, cats do not STINK. lift your arm up at times and sniff---who smells more cats or human form.

We had a real problem around our home with countless cats using our garden as their toilet, cat <deleted> and urine on the front and back steps every morning and the stench flowed through our house. We hired some guys to come around with traps and they have removed over 40 cats so far. Our place still stinks but it is getting better and more cats to go, not catching as many so that is good. Yes I don't like them and could never understand how people could like this smell.

Just my opinion;)

Are you talking about cats or the people who work for TAT?

• Like 2

Scene at UK travel agent.

"So Mrs Twosheds, I recommend that you, your husband Arthur and your 6 children all go to Thailand this summer on the mucky kids resort at Koh Samet. There is plenty to do, the resort is all inclusive and there are daily competitions for children in the 'spot a real live fish while you snorkel' event. And in addition to all of this you will get............wait for it............wait for it, oooh i'm so excited I am going to pee!............... A free paper bag with a picture of a cat on it!"

"ooooh well then Mr Sellmeascam if we are getting a free paper bag with a picture of a cat on it why didn't you say, it makes the $12000 seem so worth while. Book us in now....American Express"?

• Like 2

The original design briefing was actually discussing the motivation for tourists to visit Thailand and the graphic that they came up with I can not reproduce here because of the forum's no nudity rules.

Being innovative Thais they found a compromise and developed some marketing slogans which along with a gag-image resulted in these intermediate design options.

attachicon.gifThai_Cat1.jpg attachicon.gifThai_Cat3.jpg

There is a range of Tee-shirts and hats in production now.

Actually, there were a few designs mulled:

post-164009-0-08292900-1375969690_thumb.

Edited by Songhua
  • Like 1

Thousands upon thousands of stray cats in Bangkok which are a health hazard.

Perhaps they could do something about that problem, rather than this pointless tosh?

The bags are to put the stray ones in----------------------Come on !!!!!!!!!

I love Siamese cats, had three when growing up. And I know I always choose where to travel based on travel bags the government hands out. Says lots about a place. Just too too avant garde

• Like 1

Nature abhors a vacuum, but not as much as cats do.

Are you suggesting the cat bags should be filled with kitty litter? coffee1.gif

Good idea! Cat litter is too expensive here - couldn't shoo her out since I live on the sixth floor!sick.gif

The 6th floor-------- SO?

Thousands upon thousands of stray cats in Bangkok which are a health hazard.

Perhaps they could do something about that problem, rather than this pointless tosh?

Doubt you were around at the time of the Witch Trials in medieval Europe whereupon cats were caught and killed, being witches' 'familiar' of choice.

This resulted in the Black Death, caused by the subsequent proliferation of rats, the cats' plat du jour. Som nom bloody na.

Given Bangkok, indeed Thailand in general is overrun with rats, which would you prefer? A cat or a RAT.w00t.gif

How the Catholic Church Created the Black Death by Eradicating the "Satanic" House Cat

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=11435

Personally, I like cats.... slow roasted, BBQ, stir fry, etc. (just joking)

Seriously, one has to wonder whose cousin, brother-in-law is making those bags. No one in government does anything without some kind of rebate to the person who tendered the offer.

More cats. Fewer dogs.

Because:

* Cats don't bark

* Cats don't bite and chase you down the street

* Cats don't need constant attention

* Cats are clean

* Cats get rid of all the pigeons roosting in and near my house

* Cats don't start howling in unison in the middle of the night when an emergency vehicle goes by

* Cats don't slobber over you

* Cats don't jump up on you and dirty your clothes

* Cats are sublime

Edited by zydeco
  • Like 2