Schooling

TheAceFace

Hi all

Can anybody give their comments / experiences with Burapa school, I will be moving up there shortly and I am looking for a good school for my son.

He is 2.5yrs and has been attending a kindergarden in BKK (35000bt) per term which I thought was a little pricy for 3 half days a week.

I am looking for something cheaper while enabling my son to learn both Thai and English.

Your input is most welcome, as would be any other recommendations of schools near Pattaya South and Jomtien.

Cheers.

I see from an earlier post you would be staying near the beach, Burapha is a long drive from there!

I have a friend who stays on Thepasit, his kids go to the school on Taanman Road, 10 minutes away from where you would be, this is supposed to be a good school? Dont know name - sorry.

Taanman is the Soi where Green Way driving range is, drive up and take a right after the railway track.

Cheers

Edited by CGW

I see from an earlier post you would be staying near the beach, Burapha is a long drive from there!

I have a friend who stays on Thepasit, his kids go to the school on Taanman Road, 10 minutes away from where you would be, this is supposed to be a good school? Dont know name - sorry.

Taanman is the Soi where Green Way driving range is, drive up and take a right after the railway track.

Cheers

Thanks CGW, I try try and locate that one. If you do see your mate could you ask him the name?

Thanks

Ace

Cheers

Thanks CGW, I try try and locate that one. If you do see your mate could you ask him the name?

Thanks

Ace

Ace, I'm not trying to be awkward but there are a lot of relatively recent threads on Pattaya schools, where parents and teachers gave very frank views and opinions on the choices available. I remember them well because i was looking for a school for my own son.

From memory, I don't think Burapha was well thought of. The teachers came in for quite a bashing. (farang teachers).

There's quite a choice, so take your time, and go on persoanl recommendations, as there are a lot a bad schools out there.

Cheers

Thanks

Ace

Ace, I'm not trying to be awkward but there are a lot of relatively recent threads on Pattaya schools, where parents and teachers gave very frank views and opinions on the choices available. I remember them well because i was looking for a school for my own son.

From memory, I don't think Burapha was well thought of. The teachers came in for quite a bashing. (farang teachers).

There's quite a choice, so take your time, and go on persoanl recommendations, as there are a lot a bad schools out there.

No offence taken mate, I tried the search but not so much came up...will try again.

I just need to sort something soon as I will be going off-shore soon and don't want to leave it all up to the missus, she will have enough on her plate with the move.

Did you find a decent school for your son?

No offence taken mate, I tried the search but not so much came up...will try again.

I just need to sort something soon as I will be going off-shore soon and don't want to leave it all up to the missus, she will have enough on her plate with the move.

Did you find a decent school for your son?

I have just put him in Aksorn in Naklua. There is another Aksorn in South Pattaya which is not too far from you. They are Thai private schools, medium price, but have farang teachers for English, and seem to have a good reputation.

My kid is there for summer school and loves it. His written Thai has come on incredibly in just 2-3 weeks. He is even teaching the other kids!

The thread I was referring to is:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25126&st=0

Sorry, I can't do the abbreviated link bit. The above thread will give you a lot of background and opinions on the various schools available, and also give you links for more details on individual schools.

"Name"

Satit Udomseuka Academy, rolls of the tongue, doesn't it.

I have heard only positives about this place, but then I have no kids etc.

Though I have to say even f this place wasn't quite as good as St Andrew's or Burapha, I would probably plummet for it , rather than subject kids to driving two hours a day!

Cheers

I live by the sea and my daughter will be starting her second year at Burapha School next month. Although the school isn't a long drive away from us (about 12 minutes from where we live), a school mini-bus collects her from our home and brings her back at the end of the school day.

My wife and I checked all the private schools around the area, including those already mentioned in this topic, and, after considering each school for their facilities, watching the children working and playing together, speaking to many of the staff and other children and weighing up the costs, we plumped for Burapha Bilingual School.

So far, we have no regrets about our choice. Our daughter is only 4 years old and she is confident, polite, friendly and can speak to me in English and to my wife's family in Thai, holding two conversations some of the time. OK, sometimes she overlaps the two languages which gives us all a chuckle but Ihave to give a lot of credit to this school for her development.

Hi Mobi, at present there are 45 non-Thai teachers employed at Burapha School and I remember that one teacher came in for a bashing and that particular teacher has "left" the school now....but it's the same at most schools, there are some teachers "in their prime" and the odd one or two who shouldn't be there.

If you check the poll on that link, 60% of the voters chose Burapha above the other two schools.

Wuttichot 0.00%

Satit Udomseuksa40.00%

BEST60.00%

I too have a son at Burapa ( Best). He will be starting his fourth year next month. This is the only Bi lingual school in Pattaya thatactually teaches a Bi lingual curriculim. The success of children enrolled in a Bi Lingual program depends on Parents support. What I mean is each day go over with your children what they did in school today. correct what they got wrong, show them how to do the work correctly, and any work not finished, have them finish. Have your wife do the same with the Thai.

Barry