Pakistani foreign exchange scam suspects arrested in Pattaya

webfact

Very doubtful that the girl in the kiosk would hand over 100.000 Baht for inspection unless she was running a scam against the two accused,

I was scammed 15 years ago at a banks exchange booth on beach road, I had counted out 400 pounds in my room before heading to the banks exchange booth, I counted it again in front of the girl at the booth before handing it over, then I made my mistake, a customer behind me was a friend of mine I hadn't seen for a while so we started to chat, I took my eyes off the girl in the booth, big mistake, she called to me after a couple of minutes "Hey Mister here your money" no receipt or required signature, only handed me my Thai baht folded, I counted it out in front of her and it was around 6000 baht short, 100 pounds at the time, I told her she had made a mistake and why no receipt, she said, " oh you want receipt mister no ploblem, and no mistake mister you give me 300 pounds"

I complained to the bank manager responsible for the booth, he spoke with her and told me, she said she give you correct sir, so must be you make mistake. bite the bullet and go home time.

I now watch them like a hawk when changing money.

"So nice work Thai authorities, for looking, again, like imbeciles."

And nice work BuddhaMind (given your rant, you should consider a change of names) reacting in a mature, Zen-like manner.

Quite often the guys sitting at the table are Thai with a foreigner pointing at them, and whoever they are, they were caught doing something (allegedly) that was dishonest.

Why does that get your knickers in a bunch? What's the point? Poor self-esteem that depends on your exalted status as a foreigner? Agreed the photos serve no useful purpose, but then some foreign media is hardly a step up the ladder of sensibility.

Are the US, Australian and UK "authorities" looking like imbeciles because the press in those countries uses its freedom to no useful purpose?

Wow, you were able to diagnose low self-esteem from reading one post in an ex-pat forum on the internet? That's quite amazing. But unfortunately, in one line no less, you have disrespected thousands of doctors that have trained tirelessly for years in hopes of acquiring the skills necessary to help those that are truly needy. What a shame.

And now, the difference between the supermarket tabloids you so generously displayed, is that they never claimed to be "news" like the Pattaya paper so claims. Using a tabloid that has a dildo story on the cover to make your point about "foreign news" is about as intelligent as, I don't know, claiming a person that leads a zen lifestyle has no human faults.
But then again, I shouldn't be too surprised with your lack of wits, as you believe a woman working in a money exchange booth in Pattaya must have handed over 100K baht for "inspection."