requested 1 year retirement extention only got 90 day. do I need to refile?

I have been watching this forum for years and reading it everyday. I thought I knew the procedure but now have doubts.

Have US passport, age 62, have money in bkk bank for years, entered on tourist visa,

Went to cheang wattana immigration 26 july, had all the paperwork good (except for minor glitch), requested 1 year extension time on the form.

given a blue colored paper receipt with a return date of 9 august stamped on it. on 9 august they stamped my passport with non-o visa expires 23 oct.(I expected this from reading it on this forum)

My question is; Do I need to refile all the same paperwork and pay again?

By the way; the minor glitch is Imm wanted paper from bank stating money is from foreign sources, the bank would only give letter stating a single deposit was foreign transaction, so I had to get several letters from bank totaling 800.000 deposits.

Thanks for this forum, it has helped me much.

If you have entered on a tourist visa, 2 steps are indeed required.

Step 1 is converting to non immigrant status, what they likely did now. You have to provide all documents to prove that you qualify for a 1 year extension. You will receive a 90 day stamp. This procedure should cost 2,000 Baht.

Step 2 is getting the actual 1 year extension, again, all documents required, this time the cost should be 1,900 Baht.

Some offices (Jomtien) do the two steps on the same day, requiring two full sets of paperwork and 3,900 Baht, resulting in a 15 months stay, some offices like where you went do it in two times.

You appear to be using only bank money so must have been in account 60 day prior to actual extension. So next visit will require the TM7 and 1,900 baut fee and same financial proof. Normally show of bank passbook proves foreign deposits as they are notated by code.

Sent from my i-mobile i-note WIFI3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app