What's the going rate for a year's rental of One Rai of Paddy Field?

zyphodb

Hi I'm trying to find out roughly what the going rate for 1 years rent on 1 rai of rural rice paddy field, near a village but nowhere near any roads in the Chaiyaphum/Nong Bua Daeng sub-district would be?

Isaan prices in general would be good if no-one knows from around my district,

I'm, as you've probably guessed trying to find out if my Thai "family" are trying to scam me or not...

My fil rents 14 rai for sugar for 20,000 baht for 6 years. There's no water out there so they truck it in. I think that's a bit cheap. But that gives you some idea. 1 rai is a very small field of rice. Are they doing it for rice to keep?

• Like 1

My fil rents 14 rai for sugar for 20,000 baht for 6 years. There's no water out there so they truck it in. I think that's a bit cheap. But that gives you some idea. 1 rai is a very small field of rice. Are they doing it for rice to keep?

My wife rented out 11rai to a sugarcane planter for two years for ฿20,000. She has also rented about 10 rai she plants cassava on for five years for ฿15,000.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Yes they are doing it to eat, they have maybe 2 rai of suger as well to sell, they got 5k bht from me in feb, but i'm not sure weather that was including the sugar cane or not, getting through the language barrier is the usual problem, if it wasn't including sugar I reckon we'd be better off buying the rice at Makros & planting sugar although making them accept that will no doubt be a problem, if it does include the sugar I'll be wanting some $$$ back...

We are in Chaiyaphum, but bit away from your place....

around here 1 rai rents about 1000thb a year, without access to water.

but as someone else said, let us hear from that family proposal, put things into light/context.

And with regard to the Real-Estate Boom In Thailand = if the owner was to sell the land, I wouldn't be surprised if someone would offer him 100'000 Bht.

Cheers.

dont let them rule over you,if there taking the pi-ss,just keep your money in the bank,and if your wife doesnt standby you,well thats not good for the future relationship,stay calm,and smile and decline your money,they wont be happy,but unless your rockerfella,be strong and stand up for yourself.take care,remember money is god here.....

• Like 2

Good advice Winstonc, I'm generally pretty tight fisted with em & intend to stay that way but occasionally one slips past the goal posts, & you're quite right about god, the only god here, even for 99% of the monks as well as the general population is the great God Baht... Still at least you know where you stand...

In Maha Sarakham next to Chaiyaphum rent for paddy without access to water is 500 baht per rai. If a percentage then varies from 30 to 40 percent. At 30 percent you don't do anything just receive 30% of the crop but at 40% you are up for the ploughing, bund maintenance and the like.