Losin and Koh Krah - September/October 2013

Ratsima

For those interested in diving rarely visited Thai dive sites, you might consider a trip to Losin and Koh Krah. These are isolated islets in the southern Gulf of Thailand; southeast of Koh Samui and northeast of Songkhla. I've done this trip three times now and am planning to go again this September/October. The trip is only done a few times per year.

Unfortunately, the company doing these trips is oriented toward Japanese customers, so they do little or no marketing in English. However, the dive guides do speak English and are willing to accommodate non-Japense divers.

I don't know what the rules are on posting business names or links, so unless I hear otherwise, I'll assume it is prohibited.

If you're interested in one of these trips, send me a PM.

I'm in no way affiliated with the dive operator, but if they don't get enough divers, they won't sail. My only interest is in seeing that the boat is full enough to make the trip.

I went last month and there were only four customers on the boat and we were the only dive boat in the area. It was quite nice. Last October we saw a couple of whale sharks at Koh Krah.

• Like 1

It's not cheap; mainly because of the fuel cost for the distances involved.

The deluxe cabins (two beds, big window, above deck, but shared toilets) are 40,000 baht per person.

If you're interested, send a PM to Quero <- click here

She is the one who told me about this trip and is in contact with the dive operator.

I was one of the very first divers to dive off Koh Tao way back in 1987, it is always nice to be involved with opening up new places. When I first went to Koh Tao there were no roads only paths and only one motorcycle on the Island, owned by the headman's son.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app