Translation Help, Please

Oswulf

I need a document from my bank to show to Immigration. My laywer calls it a "Foreign Exchange Transaction Certificate" - what used to be form Tor Dor 3. Krung Thai Bank (both my local branch and their call centre) haven't a clue what document I'm referring to. Does anyone know the correct Thai translation for this essential document? Thanks.

I need a document from my bank to show to Immigration. My laywer calls it a "Foreign Exchange Transaction Certificate" - what used to be form Tor Dor 3. Krung Thai Bank (both my local branch and their call centre) haven't a clue what document I'm referring to. Does anyone know the correct Thai translation for this essential document? Thanks.

Have you tried the direct translation of the lawyers phrase? It is:

Foreign – (low tone) dtahng bpra (falling tone) tet

Exchange - tawn

Translation - hahn bplaa

Certificate - by! High rahp! rawnh

Be sure to use the classifier for documents, letters, banknotes which is - cha (low tone) bahp!

Hope this helps. Wadee dja Nancy

"Foreign Exchange Transaction Certificate" - หนังสือรับรองการโอนเงิน

If you have transferred money from your account in your country to Krung Thai Bank, so you can ask for them to give you that transaction ceritficate to you. I assume that you have done that, right? So, next time when you contact your bank to ask for "Foreign Exchange Transaction Certificate" and they don't understand what it is, you could explain it to them as;

ผมได้โอนเงินจากธนาคารผมที่ต่างประเทศมาเข้าบัญชีธนาคารกรุงไทย ตอนนี้สิ่งที่ผมต้องการคือ ให้ธนาคารออกหนังสือรับรองการโอนเงินให้ผม เพื่อที่ผมจะได้เอาไปยื่นกับกองตรวจคนเข้าเมืองได้