Price Of Wood In Thailand (lumber)

silk123

Have never bought lumber here so just a quick email to find out what is more or less the price of sheets of plywood and 2x4s etc.

Just i know in this area that the lumberyards fleece foreigners who don't know better and am wondering if i brought in a labourer to bild a picket fence around the property also. seems the housing projects go with pvc pickets so must find out about that too.

the dual pricing thing in thailand is a right low point about thai people and especially thai-chinese.

always look at teak furniture over here as looking so old fashioned even if it is better to time. i see some sitting on uncomfortable teak furniture as if something is lodged up the ass. comfort is number one here rather than carrot assing.

Any idea how much plyboard is a sheet here? i'd like the thinner ply for the walls and the thicker for the floor and deck. treehouse.

Does HOMEPRO not have plyboard?

I have found that most hardware shops in my town have been fairly friendly.

But I have only ever bought PVC piping for my orange firer

Homepro it is so. I never knew they had it. I see in their advert monthly paper they sell concrete blocks as well. i supose must order but not sure.

I see a lot of new housing projects with the plastic like picket fences. I would rather a white wall up window level to stop bypassers seeing in windows but I have to keep house in keeping with the area.

got quoted 160,000 for a 8x4 swimming pool too thai price including equip. good deal.

Have never bought lumber here so just a quick email to find out what is more or less the price of sheets of plywood and 2x4s etc.

Just i know in this area that the lumberyards fleece foreigners who don't know better and am wondering if i brought in a labourer to bild a picket fence around the property also. seems the housing projects go with pvc pickets so must find out about that too.

the dual pricing thing in thailand is a right low point about thai people and especially thai-chinese.

Come to Isaan - not much dual pricing here :D

- but wood is still expensive (when bought the proper way :o )

I see a lot of new housing projects with the plastic like picket fences. I would rather a white wall up window level to stop bypassers seeing in windows but I have to keep house in keeping with the area

A high wall helps to hide thieves from neighbors and pedestrians, better to keep walls at waist level for home security.

got quoted 160,000 for a 8x4 swimming pool too thai price including equip. good deal.

I hope this is an 8x4 metre pool

I would recommend getting a decent chainsaw and some camo clothing and just sneak across the burmese bored cut down a nice teaktree and drag it back to your truck.

I know that bench saws are illegal here (I was told this)

Please DONT DO IT this way. Didnt you read on the newspaper 3 days ago ? One Farang got caught without knowing that is ILLEGAL. His wife bought wood ( she thought ..wood is wood, can cut anywhere... :o ) for building a house, and they transported to him, the police shall checked extra carefully if anybody transport wood. Better go to wood shop and select what you want. Before you get ( more) in trouble.

If you're in Bangkok, the best place to buy lumber is on a soi...can't remember the exact name of it...

ANyway, I think it's soi Prachanamrumit...yea that's right. Near Ban Pho intersection (Jao Phraya Boat pier between Kiak Kai and Rama 7) on Bangkok side near the river towards Nontaburi.

If I'm not mistaken, that's where all the local construction workers buy their wood for the local market rates. Most of the lumber has set display price, so you don't have to worry about double standards, etc.

There are dozens of lumber yards/shops on that soi, so go check it out....all different ply wood, hard woods...different sizes galore