flash swf to jpg

h90

We have a webpage with a flash picture. That has 5 spots if you bring the mouse over the spot there a small text appears.

I wanted to have that changed into a jpg with just all the 5 spots shown.

The company told that it is very difficult and needs 1000 Baht.

I recall back in Farangland I had a simple swf to jpg converter which could do it in 1 min. Now I searched for such converter and don't find any. Either free and not working or expensive and I just need it for this one job.

Any ideas?

Screen capture may do the trick. I use a utility called 'Gadwin'. Hit printscreen and select the area you want to capture, then output it to your image editor or save it directly to jpg.

yes thought of it., but I hoped there is a lazy more professional method. But finally I'll end with the printscreen methode :-))

If you use linux, then swftools can do the trick.

apt-get install swftools

swfextract foo.swf # to check the content of the file

swfextract -j IMAGE-ID foo.swf

That will create output.jpg file with extracted image.

Or you can PM me link to the original swf file and I can try to do it for you.

Thanks everyone!

PM sent.

After looking in detail it might not even worth the effort.

By the way this web company does not know html, or how look an webpage that is zipped and has only relative links (unzip it to the desktop and click the index.html).

There is no ftp..they never heard ftp or sftp.

I think changing the company will do the trick.....

yeah, id say a change is in order.

of course th alternative usually ends up being a foreigner who talks the talk, takes a retainer and delivers only excuses

Well I own the domain, and I suck down the work they did till now and we only paid half. the other half when finish.

And I have a dedicated Server in the Netherlands on a fast connection. Wife wants to host in Thailand because faster. But I can still put it to Europe for some time and than move it back to TH when we found someone.

So no one can play the usual games with me (by owning the domain name)

Tell your wife to host in singapore....just as fast as bangkok within thailand and much faster for people outside thailand.

Always best to own the domain name yourself, as long as you are organised enough to renew it when needed! (Sounds like you are). Had to rescue a few expired domains that clients neglected!

We could easily create a jpeg from a swf, though to be honest wouldnt normally charge less than 1000B for a one off task for an unknown customer.

But it sounds like you may have a site to finish, in which case could maybe sort something mutually beneficial.

Company, 40ish staff, fully legal with tax and workpermits.....not as cheap as the freelancers someone mentioned but not dissapearing or failing either.

yeah, id say a change is in order.

of course th alternative usually ends up being a foreigner who talks the talk, takes a retainer and delivers only excuses

Well I own the domain, and I suck down the work they did till now and we only paid half. the other half when finish.

And I have a dedicated Server in the Netherlands on a fast connection. Wife wants to host in Thailand because faster. But I can still put it to Europe for some time and than move it back to TH when we found someone.

So no one can play the usual games with me (by owning the domain name)

I'm keeping my own server, VPS, (own services and playground) on Amazon Singapore. Loads pretty fast to Thailand and to the rest of the world. Their support has been great to my experience. Many times there is not even need for any support.

In case you switch, just make sure that you have all the media, which is put to the server. Copy those to somewhere else than inside of the server, for example to your laptop. That can help the next company to get better started.