Sisaket Immigration

nellyp

I have received a lot of conflicting info about Sisaket immigration openningn hours. Can somebody please confirm them for me? The latest info I have is that they are open mon-wed every week. Unfortunately I cannot find it on the net and would not trust that ifo anyway. Any pointers???thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I have received a lot of conflicting info about Sisaket immigration openningn hours. Can somebody please confirm them for me? The latest info I have is that they are open mon-wed every week. Unfortunately I cannot find it on the net and would not trust that ifo anyway. Any pointers???Posted ImagePosted Image

They open 5 days a week now. This increased from 2 days a week about 6 months ago. They are very helpful BTW
  • Like 2

I have received a lot of conflicting info about Sisaket immigration openningn hours. Can somebody please confirm them for me? The latest info I have is that they are open mon-wed every week. Unfortunately I cannot find it on the net and would not trust that ifo anyway. Any pointers???thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

They open 5 days a week now. This increased from 2 days a week about 6 months ago. They are very helpful BTW

Cheers mate, are they still in the center of town, by the police station?

Edited by nellyp

No NellyP they moved out to the 'ring road', between the Uthumphon Phisai and Khu Khan junctions, a couple of years ago.

Here's the location and opening times:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214923170432669428134.000465f03d84d91df360b&msa=0&ll=15.125967,104.280725&spn=0.017441,0.015922&iwloc=0004bb0aec831ac3e56e2

No NellyP they moved out to the 'ring road', between the Uthumphon Phisai and Khu Khan junctions, a couple of years ago.

Here's the location and opening times:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214923170432669428134.000465f03d84d91df360b&msa=0&ll=15.125967,104.280725&spn=0.017441,0.015922&iwloc=0004bb0aec831ac3e56e2

Cheers for that, it saves me doubling back, as I come from Roiet

Hope the Immigration staff at Sisaket is friendlier than Phiboon.

Sisaket Immigration is like a different world to Phiboon. They ask for less paperwork and do more in less time.

They even visit you at home and do some paperwork/TM 47/ stamps for you. Please ask for " Gopp". -wai2.gif

Re Nellyp

I am also from Roi Et but thought I had to do my visa in Amnat although SI Sa Ket is much more convenient for me. Si Sa Ket 80 k : amnat 140.

If I can do it in Si Sa Ket it would be great for me.

Cheers Mike

Hi,

Depends on what you want them to do and what you are doing. If you only want a 90 day registration done, you can make that anywhere.

I'm pretty sure that Sisaket will also issue Non-O extensions. Please give them a call, they'll tell you that immediately. The one female officer speaks a very good English.

Please see:-wai2.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/528578-sisaket-immigration-office/

Sirchai

Thnks for that. I've been on a retirement visa from BKK for 4 years but have decide to settle in my wife's village where weve had a house fo about 25 years. Amnat is a long trip for me but I'm familiar with Si Sa Ket as my daughter was in boarding school there for 6 years. We also have family there so could probably use their address. My 90 day report is due in October and my visa in November, so maybe I'll do the report there and talk to them first. Thanks again for your help.

Mike

Re Nellyp

I am also from Roi Et but thought I had to do my visa in Amnat although SI Sa Ket is much more convenient for me. Si Sa Ket 80 k : amnat 140.

If I can do it in Si Sa Ket it would be great for me.

Cheers

I'm in a bit of a strange situation as Amnat know I work in roiet but also know that I used my sisaket adress for my visa application. They have told me I need to transfer my visa to my new passport in Sisaket as that is my adress with the visa people. Personally I think they are just lazy and ant to fob me off.

Hi,

Depends on what you want them to do and what you are doing. If you only want a 90 day registration done, you can make that anywhere.

I'm pretty sure that Sisaket will also issue Non-O extensions. Please give them a call, they'll tell you that immediately. The one female officer speaks a very good English.

Please see:-wai2.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/528578-sisaket-immigration-office/

Her name is Dang.

Sirchai

Thnks for that. I've been on a retirement visa from BKK for 4 years but have decide to settle in my wife's village where weve had a house fo about 25 years. Amnat is a long trip for me but I'm familiar with Si Sa Ket as my daughter was in boarding school there for 6 years. We also have family there so could probably use their address. My 90 day report is due in October and my visa in November, so maybe I'll do the report there and talk to them first. Thanks again for your help.

Mike

I don't think they will let you do it unless you have a Sisaket address.

Oh oh!

I can see half of Lower Isaan wanting to find a Sisaket address to make their immi lives easier. Then our guys at Sisaket and Phusing will get overworked, then they'll get annoyed, then we'll have another Phibun on our hands facepalm.gif .

Note that a residence certificate is the "top whack" 500 baht in this province (i've read some other places do it for a few loi less) - but they do it with a big smile and efficiency!tongue.png Maybe they were trained in Hull Consulate.

Edited by SantiSuk

Sirchai

Mike

Sisaket province, yes.

Instructions were posted by Thai Immigration a few years back indicating which Imm office should be used for residents of each province.

e.g. Sisaket > Sisaket Imm

Surin/Buriram > Kap Chong Imm

and so on......

Sirchai

Mike

Sisaket province, yes.

Instructions were posted by Thai Immigration a few years back indicating which Imm office should be used for residents of each province.

e.g. Sisaket > Sisaket Imm

Surin/Buriram > Kap Chong Imm

and so on......

This is true. But Korat Immigration is allowing those in the extreme western parts of Buriram report to them instead of Kap Choeng and those in the extreme NW of Buriram are using Khon Kaen. Why? These other offices are closer. If you want to use Si Saket Immigration for the same reason you will need to go there and ask. they may say yes and they may say no. This is only for 90 day reporting, Your annual extension to stay has to be done at your area immigration office.

• Like 1