Paying for a visa application in Aus for lodgment in BKK

Hi

I want to pay the visa application charge in Australia for a visa that has to be lodged in BKK. It work's out a lot cheaper this way, but am unsure of the best way to go about this.

Just a couple of Question's

1.. Can i pay the fee at the sydney CBD office or the one in Parramatta?

2..Do i have to make an appointment to pay the fee?

3..If i have to make an appointment how or who do i contact to do this?

Any help appreciated

nightwatch

1.. Can i pay the fee at the sydney CBD office or the one in Parramatta? either upto you

2..Do i have to make an appointment to pay the fee? as far as I am aware you still dont need to normally you will only wait a few minutes depending on the time of day you go

3..If i have to make an appointment how or who do i contact to do this? N/A

hope this helps normally you will save a few hundred dollars paying here also

• Like 1

1.. Can i pay the fee at the sydney CBD office or the one in Parramatta? either upto you

2..Do i have to make an appointment to pay the fee? as far as I am aware you still dont need to normally you will only wait a few minutes depending on the time of day you go

3..If i have to make an appointment how or who do i contact to do this? N/A

hope this helps normally you will save a few hundred dollars paying here also

Thank's Elwood

I ended up ringing the general inquiries # 131881 and after waiting on the phone for 30 minutes i was put through to someone in the sydney CBD office,

They told me that you can go into the office to pay but the wait could take hour's and they prefer you pay over the phone.

You can pay this over the phone with a credit or debit card which i ended up doing,

You will have to supply the name and D.O.B. of the applicant,type of visa and also where the application is going to be lodged.

I was told the receipt # over the phone and a receipt was sent to my e-mail address within minutes of making the payment.

With this method of payment it would be possible to ring them up from LOS and pay on your Aussie credit card, it would save u a couple of hundred buck,s if you are doing a partner visa.

• Like 2

Hey there nightwatch ... a question for you.

How exactly does the Visa become cheaper by paying for it in Australia?

Is it the currency exchange rate saving by not paying in Thai baht?

How much did you save and how did you do it?

• Like 1

Hi david

In my case the visa i have applied for is a 445 dependent child visa and i have two dependent children so x 2

Price in Australia $2060 x 2 = $4120

Price in Baht 65050 x 2 = 130100 divide by an exchange rate of lets say 28bt to the Au dollar = $4646

$4646 - $4120 = a saving of $526

The bugger's put the price of this visa up to $2060 from $220 from the 1st of july !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi david

In my case the visa i have applied for is a 445 dependent child visa and i have two dependent children so x 2

Price in Baht 65050 x 2 = 130100 divide by an exchange rate of lets say 28bt to the Au dollar = $4646

The bugger's put the price of this visa up to $2060 from $220 from the 1st of july !!!!!!!!

You could use the same equation with any visa and i think you will find the more the visa cost's the more you will save by doing a payment in Australia.

• Like 1

Ahh, clever!

It would have been more clever if i had done these visa's before the 1st of july, i would have saved myself $3900 as the price was only $220 and that included all children on the visa, but i didn't know they were going to hike the price up 19x what it was!!!

Ahh, clever!

It would have been more clever if i had done these visa's before the 1st of july, i would have saved myself $3900 as the price was only $220 and that included all children on the visa, but i didn't know they were going to hike the price up 19x what it was!!!

Mate ... hindsight is a wonderful thing!

In ten years time, you won't be worrying about the money ... if one of the kids is a girl v... maybe hunting round for a shotgun instead ... just to keep the suitors on their toes.

Thanks for coming back with the reply ... warmly appreciated.

• Like 1

Ahh, clever!

In ten years time, you won't be worrying about the money ... if one of the kids is a girl v... maybe hunting round for a shotgun instead ... just to keep the suitors on their toes.

Yer u can't really put a price on something like this.

Two girls 17 and 16, I,ve got a big stick ready and am in the market for two chastity belt's if u know anyone who has them for sale LOL

Just came across this looking at applying for a Partner visa for my girlfriend sometime end of the year/next year. Thanks for the info, works out about $300-$400 more paying in baht than the Australia dollar official rate. Go figure. How did you lodge the application without paying the fee at VFS? Or did you lodge it at the embassy or pay prior etc?

(As a side note, I wrote a letter to my local Labor parliament member on this exact insane increase on visa fees this year. I could't believe their reply. Basically, if people want the visa, they should just pay the fee, it's a user fee based system and apparently although we are Australian (have paid taxes, currently do etc), it's irrelevant. Australia has some of the most expensive Visa's in the world now (for partner and family migration). It's as if they are discouraging Australians from returning home to be replaced by asylum seekers.

• Like 1

Just came across this looking at applying for a Partner visa for my girlfriend sometime end of the year/next year. Thanks for the info, works out about $300-$400 more paying in baht than the Australia dollar official rate. Go figure. How did you lodge the application without paying the fee at VFS? Or did you lodge it at the embassy or pay prior etc?

(As a side note, I wrote a letter to my local Labor parliament member on this exact insane increase on visa fees this year. I could't believe their reply. Basically, if people want the visa, they should just pay the fee, it's a user fee based system and apparently although we are Australian (have paid taxes, currently do etc), it's irrelevant. Australia has some of the most expensive Visa's in the world now (for partner and family migration). It's as if they are discouraging Australians from returning home to be replaced by asylum seekers.

I have not lodged the visa application's yet, i will be lodging them within the next 3 week's .

They will send the receipt out to your e-mail address in pdf format u only have to print the receipt, and then attach it to the application,

You will still have to pay the vfs for there service fee and for evidencing if needed round about 600bt i think.

I have not lodged the visa application's yet, i will be lodging them within the next 3 week's .

They will send the receipt out to your e-mail address in pdf format u only have to print the receipt, and then attach it to the application,

You will still have to pay the vfs for there service fee and for evidencing if needed round about 600bt i think.

Great, this will save me around $400 and means I don't need to bring money over here to pay the cash (and lose even more). Thanks for the information. Now to try prove that we share financial responsibility. Electricity is in owners name, water is through the condo (only condo room number on it), I always pay bills with cash I take out from my ATM back in Australia (no need to put it on the bank), only shared thing we have is rental contract. Such a difficult task.

Hope your's all goes smoothly. And increasing a child's migrant fee from $220 to $2000 is insane. Partner visa's went up $700-$1000 or so from memory and onshore one's up nearly $2000. Crazy revenue raising.

• Like 1

Thanks nightwatch. A little different as we have been living together for 18 months in Thailand. All the emotional, other stuff will be no issue at all. Her first visa to Aus was applied for in November last year (where we stated we have been living together since February 2012). The issue I potentially foresee is that, I don't need to send her money (we live together) and have only been apart for 2 months in March/April 2012, she did use my Thai ATM card while I was away (the first month after meeting and moving in together...we were fast...well probably me... (guess that could be something, but so long ago). Since then, TOT told us, they can't put the bill in two names (going to try again), True won't let me put my name on anything as I don't have a WP, could open a bank account, which we will do now (usually used cash, so never thought about it before), and started to pay electricity online, but it's easier to pay at 7-11 in cash, so we have been doing this the whole time. Have a rental contract in the same place since the beginning, which we supplied with her first tourist visa application. I guess things like, her dental expenses sometimes where paid by her (on her ATM card (I think) and sometimes on my credit card from Aus, when her business was slow (and before she opened it).

I might go and chat to the embassy or call them to get a bit more info. Thailand's a bit unique in that utilities are in the owners (not renters) name. And without a WP, some business won't put a foreigners name on anything (ie True and even most banks).

Other than that, we receive no mail to our address (except an Ikea catalogue in my name), but she receives nothing, as banks don't send out statements.

(Suprised yours was approved (based on not actually living together continuously, which is a general requirement of defacto relationship (not criticizing, just suprised, positively though), even if claiming things in Australia (ie centrelink, not immigration)). But good to see, that they look at more than just that.

Just a tip on opening a Thai Bank Account.

I opened one when I didn't even have a Visa ... just a Visa exempt stamp.

Try this ...

I went to a Thai stockbroker and opened an account.

She then introduced me to the Branch where they Bank (SCB Silom Rd) and done!

That was 5 years ago ... though maybe worth a shot?

Just a tip on opening a Thai Bank Account.

I opened one when I didn't even have a Visa ... just a Visa exempt stamp.

Try this ...

I went to a Thai stockbroker and opened an account.

She then introduced me to the Branch where they Bank (SCB Silom Rd) and done!

That was 5 years ago ... though maybe worth a shot?

I already have a Bangkok Bank account (one of the only ones that will, but I have been on a non-immigrant visa). Just depends if they let us open a dual name account. Or amend one of her's or mine with both our names. Will see on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi david

Hello Nightwatch! Thank you very much for the post. We are in the same situation..I lodged my partner visa 309 in Jan 2013 and it was granted in April 2013..We had to exclude my two minor children aged 13 an 10 because of the pending custody matter. Now its September and I have to submit 2x forms 445 and guess what ..I have only found out now that the price has gone up..My husband cannot believe it...Am still in South Africa and he is in Australia..I think its gonna delay our relocation...I didnt budget for that money......Again can you please explain that difference between paying onshore and offshore..I have an Australian bank account maybe I can just transfer money into that account and hubby pays from that side.....

Nightwatch are you aware that the charge has gone up again????.....it is no longer$2 060 but $2 370..........

Ahh, clever!

Yer u can't really put a price on something like this.

Two girls 17 and 16, I,ve got a big stick ready and am in the market for two chastity belt's if u know anyone who has them for sale LOL

Under this new system I think they are entitled to medicare so at least if they get pregnant the Government will pick up the tab;

Hi david

Hello Nightwatch! Thank you very much for the post. We are in the same situation..I lodged my partner visa 309 in Jan 2013 and it was granted in April 2013..We had to exclude my two minor children aged 13 an 10 because of the pending custody matter. Now its September and I have to submit 2x forms 445 and guess what ..I have only found out now that the price has gone up..My husband cannot believe it...Am still in South Africa and he is in Australia..I think its gonna delay our relocation...I didnt budget for that money......Again can you please explain that difference between paying onshore and offshore..I have an Australian bank account maybe I can just transfer money into that account and hubby pays from that side.....

Nightwatch are you aware that the charge has gone up again????.....it is no longer$2 060 but $2 370..........

I was not aware that they put the price up again wow this really is just revenue collecting!!!.

I have already submitted our daughter's application's so i must of got in before the second rise in price.

If your husband was your sponsor for your spousal visa he will also have to sponsor the children for there 445 dependent child visa.

Post # 3 pretty well explain's how to pay over the phone with a credit or debit card.

If you are still uncertain send the department an e-mail detailing your concern's they do answer them quickly,or you could ring the general enquiry # 131881 and talk to someone in person.

• 4 months later...

Funny you mention this ... I am in the process of doing exactly what you suggest ... but I'm doing it on line.

In the post below I've pasted what the Immigration Department sent me.

A warm thanks to nightwatch ... the savings is in the thousands of Baht

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Payment Request Form

In order for us to process the payment, you must fill in all the required sections of the attached Payment Request Form.

After you have completed the Payment Request Form, please email completed form to [email protected]

Important information

· Please allow up to 3 working days for us to process your payment. We are unable to assist you with follow-up enquiries if your request falls within this timeframe.

· Where there is an option to apply online, you can make the payment at the time of your application. This is the quickest and best method of payment option. A list of available online services are available at: http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/online-services.aspx

· You can also make the payment at the time of your application by filling in the payment section of the relevant application form or alternatively, if available, you can pay through a Service Delivery Partner.

· Please ensure that you have the correct personal details for the applicant to avoid any delays or issues with the receipt.

· Where possible, please complete the form electronically to avoid issues with legibility. If you are not completing the form electronically, please write neatly using BLOCK LETTERS. This will ensure that the receipt is issued under the correct details.

· Please take care when filling in the Payment Request form as the payment receipt will be issued as per the details you have provided. However, should you require any amendments to be made to the payment receipt, please send your amendment request to [email protected] with the following details:

1. Copy of the payment receipt

2. Details that need to be amended

3. Contact details of the person requesting the amendment: Name, phone, email (and postal address if the receipt is to be returned by post).

Fees and charges

Further information about fees and charges

http://www.immi.gov.au/fees-charges/

http://www.immi.gov.au/fees-charges/_pdf/visa-pricing-table.pdf

Payment Request Form 2.docx

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Funny you mention this ... I am in the process of doing exactly what you suggest ... but I'm doing it on line.

Good info there David thankyou.

The saving i made by doing it this way on the two 445 visa applications was roughly about 15000bt so not small pennys,

A couple of questions about the online payment,

Can this be done for any visa or only online applications?

If not for an online application how did you go about getting the D.I.B.P. to send you the payment request form?

The saving i made by doing it this way on the two 445 visa applications was roughly about 15000bt so not small pennys,

If not for an online application how did you go about getting the D.I.B.P. to send you the payment request form?

I presume that it's available for all payments to the Department.

My Thai gf is applying for the Partner Visa in a few months time in Thailand, so, remembering your post, I searched on line for it.

Sort of got to a brickwall, so I phoned the Department. Took a while for them to pick-up but spoke to really nice guy, happy to help, answered all my questions and emailed that form directly to my email address I gave him on the phone.

From memory, the saving was roughly in the order of Bt 6,000 ... so it was a great tip form you and great to see this part of Thai Visa working so well for us.

• Like 1

I presume that it's available for all payments to the Department.

My Thai gf is applying for the Partner Visa in a few months time in Thailand, so, remembering your post, I searched on line for it.

Sort of got to a brickwall, so I phoned the Department. Took a while for them to pick-up but spoke to really nice guy, happy to help, answered all my questions and emailed that form directly to my email address I gave him on the phone.

From memory, the saving was roughly in the order of Bt 6,000 ... so it was a great tip form you and great to see this part of Thai Visa working so well for us.

Thanks for the additional info David.

I can see why you hit a brickwall when searching online The D.I.P.D. website is as clear as mud on paying for non online applications in Australia.

They explain the method of payment e.g. visa, mastercard and so on, but do not explain the proper procedure in making a payment e.g. over the phone, or as you have done via e-mail and have the payment request form sent to you.

Anyways best of luck with your gf's upcoming partners application i am sure things will go smoothly for you.

• Like 1