Bangkok Hotel, end of month

chiang mai

Mrs CM has to attend class during the week but we're going to spend a few days relaxing/sightseeing afterwards, it will mark the end of her (open) degree course so we're both very excited.

We're looking for a decent hotel that's sensibly priced, CBD, upper Suk, somewhere pleasant and convenient, say, THB 2K-5k night, we don't travel much anymore so unsure of optons.

Sensible alternatives, gratefully recieved.

Though a 3 star, the Cape House Serviced Apartment near Pleonchit is a tidy place:

49035_13052110490012501121_STD.jpg

Also the Siam @ Siam Design near the Nat Stadium:

73840_111117145740445_STD.jpg

Both around 3k.

I love the Siam@Siam to its design might not appeal to everyone. Great service and a fantastic, albeit expensive, roof top restaurant. Pay extra for the Executive floor and you have free happy hour every day from 5 to 7.

The last couple of times I stayed at the Central Grand Terminal 21 as I had things to do near there. Bland design but very comfortable rooms, including a heated toilet seat!If you stay at this one, pay a little more to get the executive floor. Not for the cocktail hour but to avoid the 800 Chinese at breakfast in the main restaurant.

I was looking at the Grand Centre Point Terminal 21 the other day for a week end - get into town. Rates on agoda were at the higher end of your budget but it's attached to the BTS and mRT and lots of reataurants in the area and Terminal 21 is a fun mall to spend some time in.

http://www.grandecentrepointterminal21.com/

I've put family up in the Citadines on Soi 11 and they enjoyed the hustle and bustle of Soi 11, mind you it's 5 minutes walk to Nana BTS

I always stay at Bangkok Boutique Hotel on Asoke just south of Petchaburi Rd. Right by MTB underground stop, easy walk down Asoke to Sukhumwit, with many restaurants on the way. Great rates at Agoda, friendly staff, very clean with modern boutique look. Just across the road from Rutnin Eye Hospital if you want world class eye exam/surgery.

I always stay at Bangkok Boutique Hotel on Asoke just south of Petchaburi Rd. Right by MTB underground stop, easy walk down Asoke to Sukhumwit, with many restaurants on the way. Great rates at Agoda, friendly staff, very clean with modern boutique look. Just across the road from Rutnin Eye Hospital if you want world class eye exam/surgery.

It's actually closed now, passed by last week and was gutted, looks like they are remodeling.

You mentioned upper Sukhumvit. In 2012, I stayed in the Amora Neoluxe Suites on Soi 31 Sukhumvit Road. It's a fairly new hotel, and nice and clean. Staff was friendly and professional. It is within your budget. In fact you could probably get one of the larger rooms.

If you and your wife will be using your computer(s), you will love the computer desk setup. It has a connection panel with power outlet, LAN and telephone jacks, and multiple connections (VGA, USB, HDMI, and other types)to the large flat-screen TV.

post-152848-0-52056200-1376702286_thumb.

They do have a small pool. They also have a small fitness room with treadmill, stationary bike, eliptical machine, several resistance machines, two benches, and a rack of light to medium dumbbells. The room also has a safe to store your valuables. The included buffet breakfast did have a not a huge selection but was tasty and satisfied me. I took a three-day trip to Kanchanaburi and Amora Neolux stored my large suitcase for me, no problem.

You probably know this already but for others that may not be familiar with the area; From Amora Neoluxe Suites, you are a short walk to Sukhumvit Road with plenty of restaurants, pubs, and shops. If you take a left on hitting Sukhumvit a short walk brings you to Villa Supermarket where you can plenty of western type food and drink. (Much cheaper than the minibar prices). You are also approx equal distance (around 500m) from the Phrom Phong and Asok BTS stations. Also right next to the Asok BTS station is the Sukhumvit MRT subway station.