Viet Nam Visa

Get in advance it saves a lot of hassles. :o

Also dont know if the rules have changed but you got to make sure that you "port of entry/exit" is registeredon on the visa.

When i was working in Hanoi about 7-8 years ago I got them to put in both Noi Ba Airport (Hanoi) and Ton San Nhut (Saigon) and could leave from both.Met a lot of backpackers who came over land and tried to leave by air but were told they had to go back the way they came.(PITA)

Get your visa at the Viet Nam Embassy in Bangers which is just opposite the US Emb.For years they each tried to oudo each other with the height of the flagpole..however.

Also dont give them your passport.

They can take a copy and issue the visa when you get back to them.

Sing Chao :D

The standard entry and exit point is “Noi Bai/Tan Son Nhat”, i.e. Hanoi and HCMC airports. If you plan to enter via one of the land border crossings, then you should specify the name of the crossing when you apply for your visa and make sure it's specified there. If you arrive at Danang airport or a crossing point not shown in your visa, you might be refused, or more likely pay a fine. Last I heard was around US$ 40.00.

Visitors from nearly all countries around the world do need a visa and visa on arrival does not rally exist. There are some ways but forget it, just get the visa, which usually grants a one month stay.

Rinrada, why not leave the p/port? They have to paste the visa into it, then send the p/port to their consular officer to sign. They do not glue your visa on a copy of the p/port. In BKK I send a messenger in the morning and pick up the p/port with visa in the afternoon.

Thanks for the info, I just arrived in Patayya (I'm here for the cultural aspects) read your info, and tried to find a Viet Nam embassy in cambodia, if there is one it is not listed, The one in Bangkok is not listed either. Color me suprissed :o

Thanks for the info, I just arrived in Patayya (I'm here for the cultural aspects) read your info, and tried to find a Viet Nam embassy in cambodia, if there is one it is not listed, The one in Bangkok is not listed either. Color me suprissed :o

Enjoy the cultural aspects, meanwhile below the addresses in Bangkok and Phnom Penh and a usefull link.

For the BKK one, go down Sukhumvit - Ploenchit Road, turn left into Wireless Road, pass the entrance to Plaza Athenee-Hotel, next door is the VN embassy.

Vietnam Embassy in Cambodia Add: 436 Monivong, Phnom Penh

Tel: 36 4741; Fax: 362 314

Consulate:

Tel: 362 531; Fax: 427 385

Code: 00-855-23

E-maill: [email protected]

Vietnam Embassy in Thailand Add: 83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathurnwan,

Bangkok 10330

Tel : 251 5838; Fax: 251 7203

Consulate:

Tel: 251 5837 - 251 3551; Fax: 251 7201

E-mail: [email protected]