Motorola phones

claaay

Maybe the Moto x will be available in Thailand , launched by google, check it out on the web....Might be worth waiting for.

Edit, just had a look on the web and lauch date is August 29th it seems, when in Thailand I have no Idea but might be worth the wait if your into Motorola.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/motorola-x-phone-release-date-set-for-august-29-on-verizon-102237/.

HTH

Edited by MB1
  • Like 1

Thanks very much for the information. Siam phone says it's coming soon. I don't know what it says on the other site. I'm not a Motorola guy, just fed up with my battery going dead. The Moto X looks interesting, but I don't know what I'd do with it if I had one, seems like a phone for a more adventurous person than I. Have been reading about the one with the huge battery. I think it's called the Razr Maxx HD. Everybody says battery life is great, that's what I want. Everything else about it is cake, I don't care so much about the bells and whistles or the finer things these top tier machines have to offer. They all seem fantastic compared to my old cracked screen I've been using. I think I want a new phone from a very reputable dealer cause I was born a sucker.

Edited by claaay

<Not a huge presence here anymore so many are grey-market.>

I just looked up the term "grey market". What are the issues about buying in an "open market"? Like warranties voided, counterfeit items or whatever?

The RAZR MAXX has a 3,300 mAh battery; you won't find a bigger battery, save perhaps in your car, or unless you purchase an integrated battery case. This MAXX was highly prized when it initially came out here at 17,900 THB, looks liek you can get one for ~ 10,000.

http://www.thaimobilecenter.com/spec/Motorola_RAZR_MAXX.asp

Yes, I've seen the Droid Razr MAXX, was reading this comparison to figure out if it would work for me. I'd consider it if I could find one, maybe try MBK next weekend. I know they have the same battery size as the HD, but I was sort of liking the kevlar back, faster processor, more memory and storage of the Droid Razr MAXX HD. I just can't find it in Asia, and can find no information on whether or not it will ever get here.

On another note, last weekend I stopped in at Jaymart and got a look at the beautiful Lumia 720 for THB 9,490. I've never considered a Windows phone, but I must say I'm very impressed with the build quality, the lovely display, the affordable price and the awesome battery life from a battery that's only 2,000 mAh. Edit: just read this review and am sort of wanting this phone now.

Edited by claaay

The RAZR MAXX has a 3,300 mAh battery; you won't find a bigger battery, save perhaps in your car, or unless you purchase an integrated battery case. This MAXX was highly prized when it initially came out here at 17,900 THB, looks liek you can get one for ~ 10,000. 

The I-mobile 5.3 has a 3000 mah battery its about 6.5k.

http://www.siamphone.com/spec/i-mobile/iq5.3.htm

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The I-mobile 5.3 has a 3000 mah battery its about 6.5k.

I've seen those phones at the True store, I think it was the 5.3. I didn't know at the time what I know now, but it looked very good. Didn't realize it had such a big battery. I've been scouring the internet for reviews on i-mobile but they're all in Thai except for oz457's pretty good review from last Feb. right here on Thaivisa. I've asked the Thais I know and they all just laugh at the idea of owning one. Do they know something we don't know or is it more about appearances? The True store told me a couple months ago they have a 1-year guarantee too, but I can't remember the price...I seem to remember it might have been over 8,000. Maybe that's the year guarantee factored in there, rather than 2,000 less at Big C with a week's guarantee. I'm always looking for the most value, so I'll have to go look at this phone again.

Claaay. All the I-mobile phones have 1 year warranty. They also have service centers around the country. There are 3 different I-mobile phones in my family ALL operating successfully. Mine is the Q6 which I bought on release so about 15 months old.

My only criticism of I-mobile would be releasing to many models :lol:

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• 2 weeks later...

How can you go past an iphone or galaxy 4s?

You need to be conected to the internet 24/7?

have loads of apps?

Me i switch of the web, this gives my iphone5 up to 3 days (never turn it off) of power, and i dont have useless apps that need updating every 4 days.

TGF has a LG smart phone she wants a galaxy..after 6 mths it looks like its going to fall apart, motorola were never much of a phone so whats changed?

Everyone i know who has an iphone or galxay only change them becasue they want the latest...there still going strong years on, in fact im brutal with my phones, as a builder they get a hard time on the job...belive it or not iphone 4 was still going strong 2 ys later never a hick up, NO phone has lasted me more than 18 mths ever, average life span of a mobile for me was about 12 to 14 mths, my daughters partner has had my old iphone 4 for 12 mths and stll going strong.

Have you a car charger? an ipod/phone sound system charge and listen to your music same time?

Geeeeee there are ways and means around battery life.

How can you go past an iphone or galaxy 4s?

You need to be conected to the internet 24/7?

have loads of apps?

Me i switch of the web, this gives my iphone5 up to 3 days (never turn it off) of power, and i dont have useless apps that need updating every 4 days.

TGF has a LG smart phone she wants a galaxy..after 6 mths it looks like its going to fall apart, motorola were never much of a phone so whats changed?

Everyone i know who has an iphone or galxay only change them becasue they want the latest...there still going strong years on, in fact im brutal with my phones, as a builder they get a hard time on the job...belive it or not iphone 4 was still going strong 2 ys later never a hick up, NO phone has lasted me more than 18 mths ever, average life span of a mobile for me was about 12 to 14 mths, my daughters partner has had my old iphone 4 for 12 mths and stll going strong.

Have you a car charger? an ipod/phone sound system charge and listen to your music same time?

Geeeeee there are ways and means around battery life.

Thanks for reading and giving input. Yeah, I play around with a lot of apps, do a lot of web searches, use it as a flashlight, GPS, the Wi-Fi hotspot is my sole source of internet connection for my laptop, etc. I am constantly turning data on and off, 2G to 3G and back again as needed to save battery. Never turn the phone off. Don't have a car or the sound system. I haven't considered one of the phones you mentioned because of their prices. I was looking to get something that provides good battery life for less than 12,000 or so. My Nexus S (4" display) I bought used at MBK a year ago for 4,500 baht has been a real work horse, but the battery life is poor. The gf has an iphone 4, I must say it's really something. The build quality is superlative, and I can use it with one hand, super nice. However, the battery life is thoroughly unacceptable. 1,500-3,000 baht for a good battery pack is looking better and better.

But I'm still shopping hard since I first made this post. Learned a lot, looked at a lot of devices, read a lot of reviews, and have about decided I don't want a big phone--at least not much bigger than what I have now. At one point I was ready to jump on the Note II, but not after playing with one for a while. Size has become the biggest single factor in finding a phone that fills my needs. A big phone can pack a big battery. Bigger is better these days and smaller generally means less features. I hope this changes soon.

The LG Optimus F7 looked like it hit all the bases for a while, but probably gonna scratch it off the list because it has a 4.7" screen (also because nobody here has one for sale).

I saw a Lumia 720 at Big C for around 9,500. Reviews say it has very good battery life with a 4.3" screen, even has NFC...but it's a Windows phone and low on RAM. I've been back to look at it because it's so beautiful. I guess the only way to know if I'll like a Windows phone is to get one and try it out.

Recently have been looking at brands from China I've never heard of. The guy who runs the gizchina website had a recent post of the "60 [!] best quad-core Android phones from China", which includes phones from "...$160 to over $300". Crimony.

Phone shopping is turning into quite a hobby for me.

Edited by claaay

Its keeping you off the streets................but wait........................Apple close to relase an update/new iphone as as per norm they dont give much away as whats in the shopping bag but one of the romours is a longer battery life and better camera, the 5 is nice and slim better to hold than the 4 lighter too, so if 20,000 plus can be extracted from your pocket might pay to wait a few mths...but wait....again another romour is is they will have a budget model likly to be plastic with less bells and whistles...can you be tempted to wait?

Galaxy also have a number of models that would easily fit ur budget, have to be better than a motorola im sure.

I have the 64 gig ip5, i use it as an ipod too cost me $AU1100 and i dont regret it for a moment yes its a lot but i expect it to last 4 to 5 ys, reconcider you wont be disapointed.

You can buy an iPhone 4S for around 12,000 brand new. Their battery life is better than the 5 - IMO - and I have and still use both.

The 5 is lighter and that's what I like about it among other things...

Controlling the screen brightness is the key to a steady battery life, my phone's never off and when I'm in the office it's charging. Games are the battery killer! Hay Day, Candy Crush, Bejewelled etc... Will drain your battery quicker than your wife will your bank account :P

Less expensive but equally good smartphones;

Lumia - can't beat Nokia technology even if it is a windows based OS.

HTC - underrated IMO, but not my cup of tea.

Sony Xpheria: Like Nokias, you can't go past their technology either.

Christ remember the days when it was just Nokia and Sony-Ericsson going at it! Hahahah.

Samsung's never done it for me, although I was intrigued by the new S4 Zoom, then I looked at the tech specs, the thing weighs 200+ grams! That's verging on tablet weight there! If it came in around the same weight as the S4, I would have switched. Read they're going for around 15,000 baht.

You can buy an iPhone 4S for around 12,000 brand new.

I'd consider that. Where do you find that price?

I'm fairly sure it was at some phone shop in Samut Sakhorn that I go past on the way to the wife's office...

I'll see if I can get a better idea tomorrow..

Ahhhh if your happy with an older iphone pop into you local apple store, not to long ago you could still pick up a brand new 3, 4 I saw advertised so 4s would be easy. but seriously if you are thinking iphone now just a few months wait then and check out the budget 5.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and feedback, I am much obliged. I've settled on the LG G2, a phone that's gonna be bigger and more expensive than I'd like. Was fiddling with a Note 2 at MBK this weekend and decided it's really not that huge (I'm 6'-3") and was ready to buy one....then I read about LG's new G2. It's the physical size of the Galaxy S4 but with a bigger screen and a 3,000 mAh battery. The word I got is that LG is aggressively trying to increase market share in Thailand and it will most likely be priced below 20,000 baht (ya know I read it in a magaZAY-EEENN, uh oh). Gonna go to the mall tonight and see if I can get me one somehow. Probably get tendinitis of the thumb trying to use it one-handed.

Cheers!