3BB INternet

Neeranam

I just got 3BB internet installed. I wasn't home when it was installed and after doing a speedtest it was only 1.49 Mb/s Download and upload 0.1 Mb/s, PING 180.

Surely this is wrong? Shouldn't a 10Mb service have a download speed of 10 Mbs?

this is what i got for Bangkok server

2904207180.png

US LA Server

2904210441.png

restart your router and test again if still the same call up the tech service line and they do a reset from their end and if it still fail ask them to send the tech down

Well looks like I picked a crap service.

The guy said he'd come back yesterday to fix the wi-fi. He never came. Phoned the shop today and they said to take the router to the shop as the technician can't do it at my house.

Amazingly, considering the luddite I am, I managed to configure the wi fi router myself. Says a lot about the bloody tech that couldn't do it.

I'm now getting 4Mbs download which seems ok. Should I be happy with this or should I be getting the 10 Mbs I bought?

I went for the 14Mb service a few months ago and I consistently get download speeds in excess of 14 Mb. It has been far and away the best and most reliable service I have ever had in Thailand... so far...

I went for the 14Mb service a few months ago and I consistently get download speeds in excess of 14 Mb. It has been far and away the best and most reliable service I have ever had in Thailand... so far...

I concur Mobi as I get the same results. Pattaya.

I refuse to do business with 3BB after seeing their racist policies and obnoxious attitudes. I was a customer for 3 years and then moved house so cancelled. Two weeks later I wanted to make a new contract but in spite of never paying a bill late for 3 years they insisted that because I'm a foreigner I have to pay 12 months up front. There's no other justification than racism. Clearly I had proven myself to be a reliable customer but they just don't want foreign customers.

I refuse to do business with 3BB after seeing their racist policies and obnoxious attitudes. I was a customer for 3 years and then moved house so cancelled. Two weeks later I wanted to make a new contract but in spite of never paying a bill late for 3 years they insisted that because I'm a foreigner I have to pay 12 months up front. There's no other justification than racism. Clearly I had proven myself to be a reliable customer but they just don't want foreign customers.

Should have just moved your account to the new house.

• Like 1

Should have just moved your account to the new house.

I'm glad to be rid of the racist fruitcakes and doing fine with True.

Curious. Had 3BB installed 18 months ago in my Jomtien house - which is in my daughter's name. Was not asked for my work permit nor for 12 months in advance nor a co-sign from a Thai. I wonder if this like the Thai bureaucracy - each office gives it's own interpretation of the rules.

The policy is racist if it is applied to all on the basis of being a 'foreigner' without reference to customer history or current employment. There's no way someone on a valid work visa in the UK with stable employment who had been a customer for three years would be asked to pay 12 months up front for internet on account of being a foreigner.

As for different interpretations of the rule, my case was referred to a manager who refused to be flexible. The woman in the shop was obnoxious, in spite of my best efforts to speak in Thai, which is unsurprising because the racist attitudes of the company is going to rub off on the staff.

Edited by edwardandtubs

• 1 month later...

I am just moving house.

Cost for transfer from one location to another 100BHT.

Same account number, no effort at all, two visits to their office, photocopy of my Thai DL, point to my new house on Google earth.

Don't cancel your account, transfer your account to the new address.

Edited by FiftyTwo

I have the 3bb service and in the main it is fine. The speed to the BKK server is usually 10mbps which is what i signed up for but the link to Europe is often less than this. I am using the (cheap) modem they gave me as part of the deal. I often wonder if it is worth buying myself a better quality modem. Would that give me more consistent, faster results or is it a waste of money?

No it won't. I was a customer for three years, do you imagine I didn't think of that?

I was never ask to pay a year up front,I would not if asked, quality of service is a big issue here and can change from good to very bad in just a few months. I have been using 3BB, for nearly 5 years, never paid anything upfront besides the normal hookup fees. 3BB is way better then true, at least in my area.

Edited by genobkk
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Can anyone tell me what to expect from 3bb if I take out a contract for 10 Mbs they are about to install a cable to my village which is about 40 km from Pattaya will they give me the the 10,I notice the blurb says up . My main requirement is good quality downloads films and the like . At the moment I have a TOT disk I'm supposed to get 1Mbs but only ever get half of this if I'm lucky and all for 2700.00 baht a month so you can see why I would like to find an alternative . In respect of other providers, DTACT no service at all,

AIS may be if the wind is in the right direction. , True sometimes but very intermittent . Also anyone out there had the 3bb 20 Mbs package . Advice most appreciated , all I've had on the past are comments like "if you want a decent internet connection in Thailand , don't live in the country "

Thanks in advance.

I am just moving house.

Cost for transfer from one location to another 100BHT.

Same account number, no effort at all, two visits to their office, photocopy of my Thai DL, point to my new house on Google earth.

Don't cancel your account, transfer your account to the new address.

Thanks for the details.

A bit late for Mr Edward and Tubs, though. laugh.png