New SUBWAY open next to Arcade Bus Station......

Thighlander

Please arrive 90 minutes before your flight (which will probably be late anyway), and pay 30 USD extra for your one bag, then pay double at Dairy Queen for a hot dog that will guarantee stomach trouble. In the US, you get the bonus of getting frisked by a woman with sideburns, and heaven forbid you need to take a few puffs. If you only arrive 15 minutes early for the GreenBus, there is still a really good noodle stand located about 20 feet from where you board the bus, and there is a 7-11 within a two minute walk.

Please arrive 90 minutes before your flight (which will probably be late anyway), and pay 30 USD extra for your one bag, then pay double at Dairy Queen for a hot dog that will guarantee stomach trouble. In the US, you get the bonus of getting frisked by a woman with sideburns, and heaven forbid you need to take a few puffs. If you only arrive 15 minutes early for the GreenBus, there is still a really good noodle stand located about 20 feet from where you board the bus, and there is a 7-11 within a two minute walk.

Huh?

Anyway, I just happened to go to that mini mall last night. There is a nice little bar in there that gets very busy. Not a bad place for a beer. I thought there was a Rimping but didn't see it although once I went to the bar I didn't look too hard for Rimping. Didn't notice Subway either. But...as usual...nowhere to park. Had to park quite far away.

• Like 1

I was talking about the DQ at CNX. Subway is close to that Mcdonalds. It will be open 24/7 later this month. Subways can vary in quality from place to place, probably a lot less than Mcdonalds, so I thought I would put in a good word for them. IMO, there are better food stalls in that immediate area, than on Moonmueang, and now with some decent other options, it's a real good set-up. I really like to travel on Greenbus. They run a lot better than their reservation system, that's for sure.

I was talking about the DQ at CNX. Subway is close to that Mcdonalds. It will be open 24/7 later this month. Subways can vary in quality from place to place, probably a lot less than Mcdonalds, so I thought I would put in a good word for them. IMO, there are better food stalls in that immediate area, than on Moonmueang, and now with some decent other options, it's a real good set-up. I really like to travel on Greenbus. They run a lot better than their reservation system, that's for sure.

Thanks for the heads up. Subway is one of my favorite places when I go to the USA. If you don't put all the mayonnaise and other junk on, it can be quite a healthy quick meal. But I've never tried in Thailand. I think I would be afraid to? But at the promo price I could give it a try. Do they have whole wheat rolls and turkey in Thailand?

I think most of the cold cuts are actually turkey products. The selection of breads is basically the same as the US. Spinach is not available, but the head lettuce was good. She knew to put the oil on before the vinegar, and didn't put too much mustard on. Good seating inside. That bar mentioned above was advertising a buffet in the evenings for 119 THB.

• Like 1

How long on the bus to get to Seattle?wai.gif

Oh incadently a promo is a temporary thing. They will be up to the same prices as the night bazaar. They are part of a chain of fast food outlets that at times has more outlets than McDonald's.

re

Do they have whole wheat rolls and turkey in Thailand?

this menu which is four years old says yes

smile.png but although this chicken sub tasted

good i wouldnt like to guarantee therse any

real chicken in it ?

dave2

I'm sure it's all processed meat; not only here but in the USA as well.

You can tell that I don't get out much--where are you talking about? And, what's a Green Bus, and where do they go to/from?

On the Super Highway across from (formerly) Carrefour.

Green is the company. They go anywhere in Northern Thailand. Big, clean buses.

Arcade Bus Terminal

GPS. :18.800957, 99.017136 (Bus Terminal.)

New Mall McD Subway, Rimping..

18.8003742263, 99.0192704046 (mcd

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 1

The Subway at Kad Suan Kaew always has very good promotions (including a 6 inch Ham sub for 49 Baht).

Soi 22, Sukhumvit runs the same promo. The one on soi 7, with the Russian prossies, does not. They are franchises, so they have a little leeway in their promos.

Can't you make it clear what kind of subway you mean - I thought this topic was about an underground tunnel underneath the super highway. For what it's worth, I think Subway food is crap - they seem to microwave the rolls to warm them up and the fillings are poor and the portions small. Only eaten once or twice - I avoid all the American food outlets anywhere in the world unless I'm desperate. Don't understand why people actually queue up for the KFC or Macs and then actually seem to enjoy eating that slop when there is so much better food in Thailand. Even Tops bread and rolls beat Subway's any day of the week. At least it's fresh. Rant over.

Can't you make it clear what kind of subway you mean - I thought this topic was about an underground tunnel underneath the super highway. For what it's worth, I think Subway food is crap - they seem to microwave the rolls to warm them up and the fillings are poor and the portions small. Only eaten once or twice - I avoid all the American food outlets anywhere in the world unless I'm desperate. Don't understand why people actually queue up for the KFC or Macs and then actually seem to enjoy eating that slop when there is so much better food in Thailand. Even Tops bread and rolls beat Subway's any day of the week. At least it's fresh. Rant over.

Subway makes their own bread daily. I go in generally around 8"00 at night and many times they have run out of the Parmesan Oregano bread that I prefer.

Since moving to Thailand I have to agree it seems the portions are small but the amount of extras at no extra cost is quite large along with the many choices of dressings.

Interesting that they would use Turkey instead of chicken being as Turkey is so much more expensive here in Thailand. As for the special prices they have a different one every day. There is a sign that tells you which sandwich is the special of the day.

I don't know what day the ham sub for 49 baht is but it is probably only one day a week as the other six will have a different special. How ever being a grand opening they may run it daily for a while. Sounds unappealing to me. I prefer them with cheese on them. To each their own. Also the special 49 baht is for only half a sub.

No pork. I have not tried it but In the states they have a sausage sub for breakfasts. I will have to look at the menu next time I am in there. Or go there for a breakfast.

Just remembered it is your choice if you want the sub heated. I always say just a little bit. without a micro wave it could be a lengthy process.

Edited by hellodolly

re

Do they have whole wheat rolls and turkey in Thailand?

this menu which is four years old says yes

smile.png but although this chicken sub tasted

good i wouldnt like to guarantee therse any

real chicken in it ?

dave2

I'm sure it's all processed meat; not only here but in the USA as well.

Your very correct. Lowest quality meats and cheeses used.

The Mc Donalds by the bus station has to be the worse one in town, buns are always on the verge of being stale do to low turn over. Hope Subway does better.

Subway has the best cookies in town ! Thanks for the past recommendation from HelloDolly ;)

If youre looking for soft chewy American style cookies, you wont be disappointed - unless they are getting old. Choc Chip, Macadamia with White Chocolate and Double Chocolate. Theyre the only cookies I buy. thumbsup.gif

It's not a microwave. The 49 THB is running everyday now at certain locations. If you all know of any franchise food from the entire Continents of Europe, Australia, or South America please let me know, I'll check them out.

Edited by Thighlander

The chicken used at Subway in Thailand is not processed meat and not turkey meat It is what it says.

May I ask how do you know ? The ham is certainly processed and is high fat content.

6 inch ham is 3 grams of fat. There are 8 subs with less than 6. www.subway.co.th/en

The mayonnaise on a Whopper is 18 grams by itself. Double Whopper with cheese is 65 Grams or 22 times more than the "high fat" ham sub at Subway.

http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx

http://www.bk.com/cms/en/us/cms_out/digital_assets/files/pages/MenuNutritionInformation_April2013_1.pdf

Edited by Thighlander
  • Like 1

The chicken used at Subway in Thailand is not processed meat and not turkey meat It is what it says.

Now that you mention it to have false advertising at every outlet on conceivably the worlds biggest fast food outlet would seem a little silly.

They may have got that big with similar things along the way but they are to big now to continue them if in fact they ever did.

Now that you mention it to have false advertising at every outlet on conceivably the worlds biggest fast food outlet would seem a little silly.

They may have got that big with similar things along the way but they are to big now to continue them if in fact they ever did.

Ranked 3 rd by Forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mlf45khke/4-pizza-hut/

• Like 1