Where is the best store bought Beef steaks ?

Gone

I'm Canadian so we have always bosted about our Alberta Beef however TIT.

I mostly shop at Foodland and have tried the Australian steak, New Zealand steaks etc and today tried the marinated steak from Oz I believe but still very tuff.

I've had steak all over Thailand and even at Chok Chai Farms but even they wern't that good.

I haven't been to many of the old or new Butchers these days so I want to know if anyone knows where to buy a great steak for the ole BBQ?

I'm not worried about the price but want a good quality steak. And I don't mean at restaraunts, I mean store/butcher bought please.

Thanks in advance folks.

I'm Canadian so we have always bosted about our Alberta Beef however TIT.

I mostly shop at Foodland and have tried the Australian steak, New Zealand steaks etc and today tried the marinated steak from Oz I believe but still very tuff.

I've had steak all over Thailand and even at Chok Chai Farms but even they wern't that good.

I haven't been to many of the old or new Butchers these days so I want to know if anyone knows where to buy a great steak for the ole BBQ?

I'm not worried about the price but want a good quality steak. And I don't mean at restaraunts, I mean store/butcher bought please.

Thanks in advance folks.

Talk to the owner of the Blue Olive restaurant. He imports his beef from Canada and it is very good.

• Like 2

I buy strip loins from WMW meats.

http://www.wwmco.asia/

I then cut my own steaks as thick as I want. I have found them to be fairly tender (at least as tender as you can get in Thailand) and have good flavor. They also have tenderloin (whole or individual steaks) which are a little too tender for me.

They also have a good variety of pies, sausage rolls, other meat etc.

Edited by rmicheald

I then cut my own steaks as thick as I want. I have found them to be fairly tender (at least as tender as you can get in Thailand) and have good flavor. They also have tenderloin (whole or individual steaks) which are a little too tender for me.

I read their website, their beef is local Thai beef and that is not what the OP wants. He is willing to pay for imported quality and something different than Aussie, NZ beef.

If you see Thai French Meat Company, or Nong Sung Meat Company, in any of the stores (I have in Bangkok) their meat is pretty good, maybe not Canadian standards, but close. If you can't find them in your area, make a trip to Isaan and go to their abattoirs and stock up.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OP............

On the same side of Pattaya Klang, there is a quality butchers shop about 3 doorways downhill from Foodland, opens 10am.

My dogs recommend the marrow bones.

Hope this helps.

this is all local beef though!

Try Swiss Canadian Meat Stuff Company Limited. They are located on Thep Prasit soi 8, just south of the Eden Hotel, look for the big Swiss Flag. They have Alberta grain fed beef, T-Bone, Rib Eye and even Canadian style smokies. This is where I buy all my beef now, nothing compairs to a good grain fed Alberta chunk of beef....http://old.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?Folder=16&IdArticle=26112

Edited by Redhead27
  • Like 2

I read their website, their beef is local Thai beef and that is not what the OP wants. He is willing to pay for imported quality and something different than Aussie, NZ beef.

Sorry I must have miss read the OP, I can't see where he says that he doesn't want Thai beef. I second WWMCO as their Thai Beef is hung/aged and normally tender and flavourful (for beef bought locally)

Try Swiss Canadian Meat Stuff Company Limited. They are located on Thep Prasit soi 8, just south of the Eden Hotel, look for the big Swiss Flag. They have Alberta grain fed beef, T-Bone, Rib Eye and even Canadian style smokies. This is where I buy all my beef now, nothing compairs to a good grain fed Alberta chunk of beef....http://old.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?Folder=16&IdArticle=26112

I think the OP will find this useful and I will give them a try too!

I think the OP will find this useful and I will give them a try too!

Me, too.

xcool.png.pagespeed.ic.jz1nB6CMOI.png

Thanks for that, hadn`t heard of it, sounds good.smile.png

Last time I checked there, the Canadian steak was about 1700 baht per kg. It is the best steak around here IMO.

Thai French is quite good also and maybe half the price. Yorkie's will order for you, as it's not in stock.

Thank you for that. I wasn't aware of this and it seems other were not also. I will try them tomorrow if they are open Sundays. If not then Monday for sure.

I wonder why it is called the SWIIS C M S C? Do they also sell Swiss things?

And you're right; nothing compares to a good grain fed Alberta chunk of beef.

Will give feed back after my BBQ on Sunday or Monday. thumbsup.gif

PS: Thank you everyone here who also gave your knowledge as it is always good to know different places.

PPS: I just looked at the website link you posted and am a tad confused. It says that is where this little deli is located (Thep Prasit soi 8, just south of the Eden Hotel) but you mean it has the Butcher on site where I can buy the steaks, smokies etc.?

Edited by Gone

I try to buy my beef from the meat counter at Best Market on the Dolphin Circle. Local beef, but not bad. The butcher will cut steaks and roasts to your specs. Also good for ground beef of several different fat levels. Meat pies in the freezer are quite good. Great German pastries at the front of the store.

Thank you for that. I wasn't aware of this and it seems other were not also. I will try them tomorrow if they are open Sundays. If not then Monday for sure.

I wonder why it is called the SWIIS C M S C? Do they also sell Swiss things?

And you're right; nothing compares to a good grain fed Alberta chunk of beef.

Will give feed back after my BBQ on Sunday or Monday. thumbsup.gif

PS: Thank you everyone here who also gave your knowledge as it is always good to know different places.

PPS: I just looked at the website link you posted and am a tad confused. It says that is where this little deli is located (Thep Prasit soi 8, just south of the Eden Hotel) but you mean it has the Butcher on site where I can buy the steaks, smokies etc.?

The butcher shop is part of the deli, just ask them for the Canadian beef. Enjoy!

• Like 1

A quick question about Canadian beef; what is the breed stock? Angus or some other? I will try some when I get back.

In the meantime, I have enjoyed the grain fed USDA steaks and the Aussie steaks from Villa.

I am sure it is Angus, but just because steaks are imported does not necessarily equal quality. As we know there are various grades for meat given by government and industry regulators. There is also black angus and certified angus which are supposed to be a cut above so to speak.