Fly to Phnom Penh return to Pattaya from Sianhoukville by Bus

vanbrit548

I am based in Pattaya I am interested in flying in to Phnom Penh for a few days then taking a bus to Sianhoukville for a couple of days returning to Pattaya by bus.

Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas?

1. Best / Cheapest Airline to fly one way to Phnom Penh

2. Any issues with getting the Cambodia Visa on arrival without a return flight.

3. Getting to Sianhoukville from Phnom Penh

4. Can I get a bus from Sianhoukville back to Pattaya? is this possible?

5. Recommended hotels in Pnomh Penh and Sianhoukville.

All suggestions welcome.

Air Asia has frequent internet promotions so if your dates are flexible, keep an eye on their website. No issue getting a visa on arrival. Have a visa photo and US$20.00.

I used to always stay at Flamingo's Hotel in Phnon Penh but it has gotten pretty dated. Many newer hotels there now. Search Trip Adviser and Agoda.

I don't know if they advertise buses from S-ville to Pattaya but you can go from S-ville to Koh Kong and get what is advertised as a Pattaya bus there. It's been several years since I've done that trip but last time it was a real pain in the ass. From the Thai border onward, I was passed from van to van, probably five transfers altogether with some long waits in between, more than 5 hours from the border to Pattaya.

There is a Govt. bus station in Trat on the Thai side. You can take a van or song taow to there from the border. I'm not sure if there is a bus from there to Pattaya but you can get one to Chantabury and then change to one going to Pattaya. Still a P.I.A, maybe there is a better bus now if anybody knows.

Edited by dddave

I had read somewhere that in Snooky they had buses that went all the way to Pattaya. I'll try to find the reference. I wish they had one from here, would be great to avoid the border mafia.

There is a bus from Trat to Pattaya. Not sure of the times, but there is one. At least there use to be a few months ago! 5555

I went once, and the bus went only till the border. After about 2 hours waiting in there, a minivan finally came but on the way to Pattaya it was picking up new Thai passengers all along the way so it took quite long. I can not recommend this, but it was almost 2 years ago.

just ran this search prices are for return so half them;

Bangkok-PP- Bangkok

Angkor $232

Bangkok air $241

Thai $294

and air Asia ONLY $151

Visa on arrival easy $20 make sure u have one pic

Bus to Shv on the new Giant Ibis bus ($10) http://www.giantibis.com/ticket/ or taxi $50)

U will most lilke get a bus to Koh Kong, than moto to border than grabb the local bus to Trat and on to Pattaya on ur return

SHV " the beach club" or "Aqua resort" $22-25/nihgt boht have pools an fast wifi.

IN PP i stay at the hometown Hotel on street 172 $15 wifi, air an 1 block to riverside an dthe Palace. Plenty others in the area