Samsung mega 5.8 vs I-mobile IQ6 and IQ9

Khunmanoun

I have had these three phones in hands for enough time to test them thoroughly. They are dual sim phones based on Android.

-IQ6 : imo stay away from this phone. The processor is not powerful enough. The video camera lags. You may be able to shoot reasonably well if you kill all background applications first but this is a pain. The photo camera is quite good, on the contrary. The GPS is poor, often dropping the signal. For the rest, the phone is working fine.

-Samsung mega 5.8 : no problem at all with this phone. It does what it is supposed to do. The screen resolution is poor on paper but you don't notice it in reality (at least with my own eyes). It is not a native Android OS. Samsung have their own Touchwiz layer on top. I don't like it too much. For example, I think the native camera software is more intuitive. I would say that the Samsung mega 5.8 is a very good deal for the 12,500 baths price.

-IQ9 : I have just got this phone for a few days and the problems found with the IQ6 seem to be solved, certainly thanks to the quad core 1,2Ghz processor. Except for the GPS, which still looks slow to acquire the signal, even with A-GPS activated. The video camera is fluid. The still camera looks impressive although I doubt 18M pixels makes a real difference. In darkness, none of the 3 cameras did perform well without flash, contrarily to a Samsung Galaxy 3 for example. Instead of so many more pixels, a better sensitivity would have been better. The screen is HD 1280x720 and is very good. But when I put the mega and the IQ9 side to side, I cannot honestly say the IQ9 better screen resolution is noticeable.

Conclusion : Mega or IQ9 (if you like big screens) ? The mega is 12,500B and the IQ9 is 9,900B. At this point I would buy the IQ9.

I have an IQ 6 and don't notice any of the problems you mentioned, but I'm not picky. The thing I like the best about it is the Dragantail Glass it is indestructible, and you don't need a protective cover, which I always find bothersome.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

@Digitalbanana, you are confusing the mega 6.3 and the mega 5.8. They are very different phones. The mega 6.3 is much better than the mega 5.8 technically speaking. Personnally, I think it is too big for a phone. I would rather buy the last nexus 7 if I wanted this size. Plus a bluetooth earpiece. The mega 5.8 is still very confortable in hand and very usable as a phone.

Some more points :

- No compass in the IQ9. No big deal but you cannot use apps like Skymap.

- The GPS in the IQ9 is really poor compared with the Samsung. The mega sees 3x more sats in my short tests.

- There are two versions of the IQ9 : IQ9A and IQ9. The radios are different (850Mhz for IQ9 and 900Mhz for IQ9A). Be careful ! The IQ9A stand for AIS I understand. For Truemove, the IQ9 is the right one. The Mega radio seems to cover all bands.

I still have both phones for test and I am unclear which one I would rather buy. Both are very good products I think.

@Digitalbanana, you are confusing the mega 6.3 and the mega 5.8. They are very different phones. The mega 6.3 is much better than the mega 5.8 technically speaking. Personnally, I think it is too big for a phone. I would rather buy the last nexus 7 if I wanted this size. Plus a bluetooth earpiece. The mega 5.8 is still very confortable in hand and very usable as a phone.

Appreciate the feedback as I thought it was just screen size as the difference between the 5.8 and 6.3.

But wait a minute - if this web site is anything to go by

http://www.gsmarc.com/i-mobile/galaxy-mega-5-8/compare/galaxy-mega-6-3/

that's about all there or at least very little Vs a comparison with the IQ-9 ??

Anyway - perhaps the web site is wrong, and would could hear from someone who has used them?