Lagoon/Waterfalls?

chicoelnino

Just getting settled into life here in Phuket and myself and my girlfriend are wondering if there are any of those cool waterfall - lagoon areas around Phuket that we could visit?

We specifically would like to find one of those places where you can jump into the lagoon from a cliff etc. We're just looking for things to capture some footage on our GoPro cameras etc.

Any information would be great thanks.

Bang Pae waterfall is one option in Phuket (Paklok, Thalang). Not very big, but kids there seemed to have fun while jumping in to the water.

Bang Pae waterfall is one option in Phuket (Paklok, Thalang). Not very big, but kids there seemed to have fun while jumping in to the water.

Is oilinki talking about the one with the 200 Baht admission for Farangs?

Yes I believe so. It might be more now as I paid 200 Baht about 7 years ago.

Edited by Valentine

That one. Same location as Gibbbon rehabilitation area. Last time I went in from the official gate (while they had someone on the gate collecting the fees) I tried to say that it should be only 20B for work permit holders.. at the end I got in for free.

Sheet I reckon the OP has been sold a lemon here about Phuket - jumping off cliffs into lagoons, not here.

Venture outside Patong Phil and you might be surprised.

Please enlighten me as to where in Phuket I can jump from a cliff into a lagoon.

Have my water wings packed and ready to go.

There's a very little visited waterfall with some fantastic small swimming (note, not diving) pool at Ao Yon on Cape Panwa. Cost to visit is nada. I've had a couple of excellent picnics in this area, literally and metaphorically 'chilling out'.

There's a very little visited waterfall with some fantastic small swimming (note, not diving) pool at Ao Yon on Cape Panwa. Cost to visit is nada. I've had a couple of excellent picnics in this area, literally and metaphorically 'chilling out'.

Easy to find?

Easy to find?

OK, from the Ship Inn at Ao Yon going towards Khao Khad, about 50 metres past the small bridge there's a small tarmac road on the right. This road dead ends after 500 metres or so, and you can park and take the footpath to the right. You're following a small stream which when you start to go uphill, has various rock pools and small waterfalls.