Ford Ranger Raptor style grill wanted where to buy?

kwak250

i would imagine a decent sheet metal shop would be able to fabricate one for you.. Mind you i think it looks shit... i know you weren't asking just saying.

Hi I would think they could fabricate a logo to stick on the old grill which would look shit, im after a complete grill in chrome which looks in my eyes much better than a standard grill .seen them on websites but all sold out so must be popular?

i would imagine a decent sheet metal shop would be able to fabricate one for you.. Mind you i think it looks shit... i know you weren't asking just saying.

Hi I would think they could fabricate a logo to stick on the old grill which would look shit, im after a complete grill in chrome which looks in my eyes much better than a standard grill .seen them on websites but all sold out so must be popular?

These are not full replacement grilles.

But they do sell them as a complete replacement or at least not just the logo .

No they do not. You remove the 3 horizontal pieces from your existing grille (Top one says Ranger/Middle has the Ford Badge/Bottom is blank) and these attach with a couple of self tapping screws to the remainder of the OE grille.

There are 2 versions your talking about the cheaper version they do have complete grill which you remove the whole unit and replace with a complete grill there are no self tapping screws to mess about with .either way I would still be happy to purchase the cheaper one which sold at 4, 000 baht but out of stock till end of next month.The decent full version is around 7, 500 but also out of stock. Anyone who sees these for sale let me know many thanks

The one pictured above is the full version (V1) and it is 100% definitely not a complete grille.

Anywho good luck in your endevour to purchase one, I await you response complaining it is made from wood and requires self tapping screws to attach it to the existing OE grille.

• Like 1

Zaw4x4 have said there 12, 000 baht so you were not far of spoon but only if fiberglass no wood grills there!

Found a Complete grill without having to screw it to the old oem grill and have the old complete grill sat in my garage so wont be any complaints here but great help spoony

Ive got a qoute here from Zaw for 10,000b, seems they have gone 2000b in a month, and the email also says the material is poly wood, same as the ones made on Phuket.

Can you give me details one where to buy a complete grille made in fibreglass as well as the price. Thanks.

Ive got a qoute here from Zaw for 10,000b, seems they have gone 2000b in a month, and the email also says the material is poly wood, same as the ones made on Phuket.

Can you give me details one where to buy a complete grille made in fibreglass as well as the price. Thanks.

Maybe 'polywood' is a wood frame with fiberglass (or similar) layed over it.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The ones I have seen and the ones being sold into australia have zero fibrglass content and are made in 3 pieces then glued together which not surpisingly the end break off as the glue joint fails.

If this one the OP has purchased is infact 1 piece fiberglass and a full replacement grille I would be keen to buy one.

Edited by Spoonman

The ones I have seen and the ones being sold into australia have zero fibrglass content and are made in 3 pieces then glued together which not surpisingly the end break off as the glue joint fails.

If this one the OP has purchased is infact 1 piece fiberglass and a full replacement grille I would be keen to buy one.

Maybe adding the the glass was an inline change due to too many returns...

Maybe adding the the glass was an inline change due to too many returns...

I guess that is a possibly, hopefully the OP puts up a pic of the one he purchased (preferably before fitment and the backside of it).

this guy sells three different versions from 6,000 Baht but they're "plastwood" http://on.fb.me/1d1cikF

One guy who was making them (in Songklha) got a warning from Ford regarding copyright infringement and was forced to stop doing them (or advertising atleast) - I should still have his email address,will check to see if theyre 1 piece jobbies.

this guy sells three different versions from 6,000 Baht but they're "plastwood" http://on.fb.me/1d1cikF

One guy who was making them (in Songklha) got a warning from Ford regarding copyright infringement and was forced to stop doing them (or advertising atleast) - I should still have his email address,will check to see if theyre 1 piece jobbies.

Those are the only ones on the market to my knowledge hence I want to see the one the OP has purchased.

Funny looking fibreglass............................................

944281_650357958323131_258955206_n.jpg

Hi Guys

Could you point me in to the right direction i.e email contact or phone contacts about the guys who fabricate these grills, I am currently overseas and am looking for ones with LED in the grills too.

Would really appreciate any help.

Also because of my lack of knowledge, could anyone explain to me what plastwood is?

...so,what's wrong with this grill?Cost about 800 Baht to wrap....and personally,I don't think the Raptor grill fits the Ranger graphically...but it's only my opinion smile.png

I like that a lot more than the cheesy 'raptor style' one. Do they do a matte black wrap? I am still thinking of doing ALL my brightwork in Gunmetal Blue but need a new back bumper first since mine has a major ding.

If I get a tow package, I would probably just do without the dinged back bumper anyway.

...so,what's wrong with this grill?Cost about 800 Baht to wrap....and personally,I don't think the Raptor grill fits the Ranger graphically...but it's only my opinion smile.png

I like that a lot more than the cheesy 'raptor style' one. Do they do a matte black wrap? I am still thinking of doing ALL my brightwork in Gunmetal Blue but need a new back bumper first since mine has a major ding.

If I get a tow package, I would probably just do without the dinged back bumper anyway.

Matt Black wrap is quite popular.....the other option is PlastiDip,will cost about the same,but still hard to find here.I just found some(hopefully) reliable source of this stuff,so let me know,if you interested....but I'm in CM...

Matt Black wrap is quite popular.....the other option is PlastiDip,will cost about the same,but still hard to find here.I just found some(hopefully) reliable source of this stuff,so let me know,if you interested....but I'm in CM...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/653649-plasti-dip-your-ride/

http://dipperthailand.com/

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, I am new around here.

This is just to inform you guys that we are busy with a RAPTOR theme Ranger. Including the grill.

Please have a look here and you will be able to keep track of our progress.

www.cobrax.co.za

www.facebook.com/cobraextreme