German tourist beaten-up by angry bike driver in Central Pattaya

webfact

German beaten-up by angry bike driver in Central Pattaya

german-41.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police were called to the front of Soi 15 inside Soi Baukaow in the early hours of Monday to assist a German Tourist who had sustained minor injuries following an attack by a motorbike driver who was described as wearing a Thai Navy uniform.

Police met with Mr. Kargl-Williams Gerhard aged 51 and his partner Khun Chutimar aged 39 who described to Police how the pair had just been dropped off by a Baht Bus and the pair were intending to walk back to Mr. Gerhards’ Hotel.

As the pair crossed the road a motorbike approached at-speed and Mr. Gerhard was nearly hit by the bike. Words were exchanged between the bike driver and German which angered the driver who stopped his bike and approached Mr. Gerhard who was punched and kicked a few times before the driver fled.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/99622/german-beaten-up-angry-bike-driver-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-v

What happened to the government statement to the foreign embassies that the police would stop the violence and crimes against tourist?

Like all legislation in these matters it is meaningless

Until everybody gets a couple of policemen each you are largely responsible for managing your own predicament

The Ethel Merman decided to get vitriolic about his perceived 'lebensraum', matey boy responded and gave him a well deserved (nay insisted upon) slap.

And this is somehow news

Of course had it gone the other way and the MCycle rider been sent with his tail between his legs then it would merely have been a cause célèbre at the next Umpah Band knees up

Edited by Regyai
  • Like 1

Old lion who thinks he can still roar...

You think that the elderly and infirm should show absolute show obeisance and shower respect on young <deleted> hooligans? Should they throw away all vestiges of self respect and kow tow?

That you choose to make a snide remark rather than express a little sympathy to a senior with the balls to express his anger and disgust in the face of unacceptable, and in this case dangerous, behaviour says much about you - and your upbringing.

True

To a degree

The sentiment is correct

But

Issue challenges and subsequently lose the duel

doesnt merit bemoaning the misfortune

the new hub of pesdestrian beaters

seems like the new national sport these days

i hope will have a "speedy" recovery and that the bike driver meets someone that will kick his ass bigtime

so he not only " loose face" but also some teeth

maybe some tree or katoy, they can get angry and physical, not only in bed I heard

Some people seem to view life in Thailand through special Aryan colored eye glasses that filter out reality and produce only mental images that suit their prejudices (fed by all the rants on TV that are accepted as fact).

clap2.gifthumbsup.gif

Old lion who thinks he can still roar...

You think that the elderly and infirm should show absolute show obeisance and shower respect on young <deleted> hooligans? Should they throw away all vestiges of self respect and kow tow?

That you choose to make a snide remark rather than express a little sympathy to a senior with the balls to express his anger and disgust in the face of unacceptable, and in this case dangerous, behaviour says much about you - and your upbringing.

When I express my finger I am also ready to face the worst, so no, you are right, no feeling at all when others are not ready to face it and just keep whining like little girls...

• Like 1

If a Farang jumped off his bike and assaulted a Thai, the Farang would be in jail before you could say 'Oops!' I hope they find the Thai and do the right thing by charging him. Oops, see that pig fly by? ..............

And Thais never get arrested and put in jail. The cells are just awash with innocent farang.

Some people seem to view life in Thailand through special Aryan colored eye glasses that filter out reality and produce only mental images that suit their prejudices (fed by all the rants on TV that are accepted as fact).

Some of us have managed to stay in Thailand for many years without feeling compelled to give anyone, least of all a motorbike taxi driver, the finger or to yell abuse at anyone in the streets. With a little (sober) common sense the vast majority of people who come to Thailand seem to be able to negotiate the streets without throwing hissy fits at anyone. Others walk about (or sit at their computers) with a chip on their shoulders looking for any reason to feel that their alleged innate superiority is being challenged (AKA losing face).

Yes Veronica, Thais get arrested and put in jail, sometimes for a very long time. And yes, a lot of farang manage to act like idiots without ever being put in jail no matter how fast you can say "oops." If a 51 year old chooses to insult someone much younger than he is, the disparity in their ages can't be blamed on the younger man. Look both ways before crossing the street, as your mother probably told you, and life become a great deal less complicated.

Losing face (or the more popular spelling here: "loosing face") is a bigger problem for a lot of farangs than they're willing to admit, especially those who haven't much face to begin with.

Thanks for the comedy.

Are you suggesting that Westerners value "face" more than Thais? For most Asians, especially Thais (and Chinese I might add), saving face is a way of life. Actually, government policy is sometimes dictated by face-saving.

You could have said that the roads and sidewalks here (if they exist at all) are in such poor condition that forces many Thai drivers into dangerous maneuvers, or that, in general, life has little value in some places here...but of course that would mean "losing Thai face"?

• Like 1

the new hub of pedestrian beaters

i hope will have a "speedy" recovery and that the bike driver meets someone that will kick his ass bigtime

& we all know what happens to a farang when he starts beating a Thai in a fist fight, 10-20 Thais come from no where & beat 10 barrels out of the farang, even though he was only protecting himself in the first place.

The Thais seem to like fighting in numbers when the odds are stacked in their favour, didn't see any getting involved when that kid was beaten outside the convenience store in the other thread.

I drive a car and have had many foreigners shout at me because I am driving where they decided to walk and have even had a couple bang on my car as I drove by. I will stop if they choose to walk on marked crossings but most won't even if a crossing is 2 or 3 meters away. The assumption that pedestrians overrule any vehicle might apply in parts of Europe but it should take no more than a day to realise that does not apply here. I agree that no one should get physical but then again no one needs to get abusive either in the first place.

Edited by petercool
  • Like 2

Sounds like an instant replay of the Patong incident last week. But in this case only words reported, no finger.

But this time, only one motorcycle driver had beaten the foreigner.

And the foreigner has no tattoo

If a Farang jumped off his bike and assaulted a Thai, the Farang would be in jail before you could say 'Oops!' I hope they find the Thai and do the right thing by charging him. Oops, see that pig fly by? ..............

And Thais never get arrested and put in jail. The cells are just awash with innocent farang.

Some of us have managed to stay in Thailand for many years without feeling compelled to give anyone, least of all a motorbike taxi driver, the finger or to yell abuse at anyone in the streets. With a little (sober) common sense the vast majority of people who come to Thailand seem to be able to negotiate the streets without throwing hissy fits at anyone. Others walk about (or sit at their computers) with a chip on their shoulders looking for any reason to feel that their alleged innate superiority is being challenged (AKA losing face).

Yes Veronica, Thais get arrested and put in jail, sometimes for a very long time. And yes, a lot of farang manage to act like idiots without ever being put in jail no matter how fast you can say "oops." If a 51 year old chooses to insult someone much younger than he is, the disparity in their ages can't be blamed on the younger man. Look both ways before crossing the street, as your mother probably told you, and life become a great deal less complicated.

Losing face (or the more popular spelling here: "loosing face") is a bigger problem for a lot of farangs than they're willing to admit, especially those who haven't much face to begin with.

Thanks for the comedy.

Are you suggesting that Westerners value "face" more than Thais? For most Asians, especially Thais (and Chinese I might add), saving face is a way of life. Actually, government policy is sometimes dictated by face-saving.

You could have said that the roads and sidewalks here (if they exist at all) are in such poor condition that forces many Thai drivers into dangerous maneuvers, or that, in general, life has little value in some places here...but of course that would mean "losing Thai face"?

24,000 Yabba Tablets seized and 5 Pattaya drug dealing suspects arrested by Police

German beaten-up by angry bike driver in Central Pattaya

Doorman stabbed on Walking Street, South Pattaya

Pattaya Police arrest suspected drug dealer in front of South Pattaya Hotel

Shootout in South Pattaya leaves bike driver dead

"Some people seem to view life in Thailand through special Aryan colored eye glasses that filter out reality and produce only mental images "

You sure don't need those glasses Sunshine.

The unfortunate flaw in your argument is the statistics on the street.

the new hub of pesdestrian beaters

A Thai guy taking on somebody on his own?????? That's strange. Thais never usually fight against one person unless the have 5 or 6 pals with them.