Family To Join Land Of Smiles - Koh Samui

Ray&Jac

:o

We are looking to move to Koh Samui -

Basic info - Ray - 40yrs Jacqui - 35yrs two children 8yrs & 10yrs

We planning to relocate within next 12 months leaving businesses in UK to provide Income,

We Last visited in Sept 2003 this confirmed that we had found a place we would like to call home. But where do we start?

Would be interested in any info/help Re: Properties, Land & Construction, Labour Rates, Schools, Legal requirements and your experiences.

Interested in all that is good or bad.

Guest IT Manager

Rent..don't buy. We are all sick of saying it.

RENT is better than paying lots of money for something you don't own.

Talk to Indo-Siam about assisting with your relocation and good luck.

IT

Keep your assets in the UK. Come for a trial period to check it out first hand for yourself. It is the best way. As far as I know Samui would not meet the education requirements for yuor children. You may b3e better off in Phuket for that sort of thing, but it would be more expensive for everything.

:o

We are looking to move to Koh Samui -

Basic info - Ray - 40yrs Jacqui - 35yrs two children 8yrs & 10yrs

We planning to relocate within next 12 months leaving businesses in UK to provide Income,

We Last visited in Sept 2003 this confirmed that we had found a place we would like to call home. But where do we start?

Would be interested in any info/help Re: Properties, Land & Construction, Labour Rates, Schools, Legal requirements and your experiences.

Interested in all that is good or bad.

Have you solved your visa problems ?

Keep your assets in the UK. Come for a trial period to check it out first hand for yourself. It is the best way. As far as I know Samui would not meet the education requirements for yuor children. You may b3e better off in Phuket for that sort of thing, but it would be more expensive for everything.

Thanks

I've emailed some schools in samui but waiting for replies, we had thought about taking a teacher with us but Phuket could be worth a look.

Jacqui

I understand an intl school is opening on Samui soon, can't remember which one but one of the big ones. Also, there is a catholic school there that has quite a good reputation if you don't mind a religious education, that is!

But renting is sound advice and before that sorting out visa issues would have to be top of the list. If you can't get visas for all of you then everything else is irrelevant.

The Dulwich school that operates in Phuket is planning to open a school. I've bought a house in Samui from a company called coco www.cocosamui.com

Both English guys and seem straight up. There worth a visit even just for advice and there is no high pressure sales pitch. I saw most of the developers on the Island and coco was the best for me. They didn't sell me the house, it was seeing one they had built that convinced me