New on here.

Thighlandman

Hello everyone..

I am new on TV so I would like to learn how to do some things. As I have been laid up recently due to a motorcycle accident I have started reading this site on a daily basis as I do the daily newspaper.

How do I mark certain topics in various forums so I can follow new comments. I have tried subscribing to them but then I get too many emails. One for every new comment.

Any help greatly appreciated.

On the top right also can click on 'Follow this Topic' so every day can go to ' Just items I follow'

Just 1x problem with that, maybe just my PC, but can only view 1 x page........ click on page 2 = Page 1 or Forums NOT what I want, but been like this a long time, one of the many bugs that never got sorted when they did the upgrade..

Just be careful, you can become a cranky, cantankeros old fart real fast.

You forgot judgmental...

You have spelt "cantankeros" wrong its...."Cantankerous"....I bet your an "English teacher" cant speak Thai and married a BG and you are obviously not a one with your Thainess

BTW

I am only kidding.... before you grab for your heart medication...biggrin.png

• Like 1

Welcome Thighlandman... almost confused you with Thighlander.

Apart from cantankerous and judgmental, there's also opinionated, superiority complex and pontification classes, especially in the General minefield forum. Other areas of study embrace insecurity, culture, nice girls, Russians, Special Forces retirement planning, tattoos and something quite obscure and imponderable called Thaksin that seems to keep some of the 'old hands' around here quite chirpy. There's also a fairly new and exciting addition to the curriculum this year called Thainess. You might wish to lurk on the fringes of that one until you find your feet (usually at the ends of your legs).

There's also a subforum for assistance with the forum so you can post the geeky questions there and maybe get a faster fix.

Get well soon.

• Like 1

Just be careful, you can become a cranky, cantankeros old fart real fast.

You forgot judgmental...

You have spelt "cantankeros" wrong its...."Cantankerous"....I bet your an "English teacher" cant speak Thai and married a BG and you are obviously not a one with your Thainess

BTW

I am only kidding.... before you grab for your heart medication...biggrin.png

I looked it up to check the spelling and forgot it by the time I changed back to TV. Short term memory is really getting bad. I did teach High School Math for 6 years and had to fill in with One Grammar course, but that was back when I could remember where I put my eyeglasses ten minutes ago!

I threw my heart medicine away two weeks after I arrived 16 years ago and haven't had any angina since, I guess that I'm doing something right!