Do you think thai people can be sore losers?

snake24

I was reading the comments in this youtube vid between yu long a sanda fighter from china and some muay thai fighter.

Aside from the video title which i assume was probably written by some butt hurt person maybe thai let's look at the fight. Notice how the thai guy mocks yu long by sticking up his arms after getting pawned. It's the behavior of a sore loser and anyway yu long won the fight by knockout. Then read the comments from some thai ppl who started trading insults which makes them look so bad.

I also recall during a football match with singapore how the thais walked off the pitch in protest after leaving.

There is a big difference in saving face and making in a dishonorable manner which is the worst way of losing face.

In every international competition I've seen - in person or on TV - Thai athletes are extremely gracious after any competition, win or lose. Perhaps more so than any other country's competitors? Often, television announcers highlight this graciousness.

In every international competition I've seen - in person or on TV - Thai athletes are extremely gracious after any competition, win or lose. Perhaps more so than any other country's competitors? Often, television announcers highlight this graciousness.

Which competition? I wonder why were there so many sore loser type of comments and actions out there. If you can find the story on the thai football team that walked off in protest after they lost the football match to singapore as singapore is considered inferior in football to them.

as with many other countries there are always sore losers wherever you go. Admittedly in Thailand losing face is the biggest worry for some but most dont really give a sh*t. After saying this, a while back when I pointed out that a neighbours dog was getting into my garden and destroying my plants and that if it did it again I would seek compenasdation or its destruction(caused well over 10,000 baht of damage(special cross pollination produced trees & seedlings, dog dug under fence) several near the fence were found poisoned, owner had lost face over my reaction to his dog.

Did u guys read about this venezeula fighter trained by this china kung <deleted> master and he beat the muay thai fighters every single year till they told him not to come.

I've read variations on that story every year since the mid-80s - to date, I've seen very little video proof of their alleged superiority. There is always some guy looking to claim the 'worlds greatest fighter' title without actually getting into the ring.

Their football team must have become gracious losers by now - our Rugby and Cricket teams here in Oz are currently learning that very lesson. ;)

losing is very very important and to lose anything means a loss of face.

they are very poor losers

I used to be a school teacher here, and I had many educational type of games I would use when coming to the end of a lesson, and never once did a see any sign of bad feeling at any time amongst the losers.