Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years in Wikileaks case

webfact

It wont stop further whistleblowers coming forward

And the world can decide what is morally worse. Leaking information about the way in which 2 innocent journalists were killed from a helicopter ............or trying to cover up a crime as the US Army tried to do ph34r.png

Yes, Yes, Yes.

Having seen the video, it's about 11 people.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the actual damage to US national security ever proven and what sentencing did US military personnel recieve for those published via video for murder/man slaughter of civilians?

Er......... No and none to in answer to your questions.

Bad isn't it ?

• Like 1

Awesome.

Bradley Manning, the Army private sentenced to military prison for leaking classified documents, revealed he intends to live out the remainder of his life as a woman.

http://m.today.com/news/bradley-manning-i-want-live-woman-6C10974915

Says a lot about the American military, does it not..................

I have opinion on what it says except this is troubling. Not sure it is tax payers burden.

Coombes said he is "hoping" that Fort Leavenworth "would do the right thing" and provide hormone therapy for Manning. "If Fort Leavenworth does not, then I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure they are forced to do so."

I don't know much about the case so have no opinion about his conviction.

But on the rights of transgender people in prisons, I think they deserve basic human consideration.

I wouldn't expect surgery but I would support psychological screening first and then if legit, give him hormones.

Edited by Jingthing

Either way, he should have an enjoyable time in the shower at prison.

Exactly. This guy/girl has the unfortunate habit of disseminating dangerous information to the wrong people. Oy vey.whistling.gif

Oye Vey for sure !!! ... because I guess that is how all the sick governments of our current world and their greediness through selfish wars can make people become = totally unbalanced in view of what they finally find out after being brain washed into believing that they are giving up their lives to save their country from terrorism and thereafter see the reaities and the truth but HAVE TO DO what tthey are told and enrich these B////ds !!! Which includes vowing to never reveal the real truth !!! Pfffffff !!

Manning will be in a miltary prison doing hard labor with very strict guards. No matter how much time he ends up doing, he will very much regret violating his secrecy oath.

I don't think either you or I would have the slightest idea what he would regret.

Then only one of us has been in the military and it is not you. Doing hard labor at Leavenworth for at least 8 years - probably much longer - would make anyone regret doing whatever they did to get there.

• Like 1

Awesome.

Bradley Manning, the Army private sentenced to military prison for leaking classified documents, revealed he intends to live out the remainder of his life as a woman.

Yeah well that's up to him. It doesn't affect me, and I'm wondering what it has to do with what he did. I have to say though, that it's come at a great time for those who would oppose him and try to discredit him. How convenient.

That filthy vermin Bradley Manning got off easy. That piece of trash should give thanks for every day that he is allowed to perform hard labor in a military prison.

Right, let's all just follow orders!!

Hey!!! There's some babies we haven't killed yet!

• Like 2

Why would anyone in their right mind trust a society to give you a fair trial when those in charge see nothing morally wrong in trying to cover up the murder of two innocent journalists ?

Dude, I notice you talk A LOT

back up very little...........blink.png

Not disputing you..... just say'n, that's all......

Well I'm very surprised that you comingfrom a military family and you don't remember this…….ermm.gif

5. The U.S. Government withheld information about the indiscriminate killing of Reuters journalists and innocent Iraqi civilians.

http://dancewater.blogspot.com/2013/07/in-honor-of-bradley-manning.html

Wahoo!clap2.gif

He did some work! feel the ground, it should be cold to the touch.

Hell Froze OVER!

"dancewater" you quote from "dancewater"?blink.png

and "dancewater" got their info from the journalistic giant "The Salon"blink.png

Dude, you dont have to work that hard to get credible information on this.

I'm saying to some work. This issue is almost a grey area for most not to me.

Theres plenty on your side to use as credible support for your argument.

I'm open minded, I could be swayed, but not with info from "dancewater"

Edited by jamhar

That filthy vermin Bradley Manning got off easy. That piece of trash should give thanks for every day that he is allowed to perform hard labor in a military prison.

Right, let's all just follow orders!!

Hey!!! There's some babies we haven't killed yet!

Yes, here's to all those poor brainless individuals who feel that following someone else's orders blindly is somehow a good thing.

And here's also, to those few individuals who have stood up, and said "enough!".

TL

• Like 2

Awesome.

Yeah well that's up to him. It doesn't affect me, and I'm wondering what it has to do with what he did. I have to say though, that it's come at a great time for those who would oppose him and try to discredit him. How convenient.

Damn,finally there's G.I. with balls and he turn out to be she!!

• Like 2

I see the heavy hitters are all upset about the sentence:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaga On 'Devastating' Manning Sentence: 'If Our Own Can't Speak Up About Injustice Who Will?'
by LARRY O'CONNOR 22 Aug 2013, 4:31 AM PDT
Finally we have an answer to the burning question: "What does Lady Gaga think about the Bradley Manning verdict?"
Gaga joins celebrities like Russell Brand, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Wallace Shawn, Moby, Alice Walker and Oliver Stone who have spoken out in support of Manning, including the creation of an "I Am Bradley Manning" PSA:
  • Like 1

He will serve his time whatever society mandates, but he can sleep at night knowing he spilt the beans to the World with the debate Worldwide rages on,

He Opened Eyes of the World leaders and made his point.

Let No Man Judge whats right or wrong but have the courage to speak the truth as only he knows.

Ask where is the Gain for lies or for Truth.

We are all in this World Together just think on the Big Picture are we joe public in the dark or light ages

Rest in Peace

Mr Bradley

In the OWO and NWO. the order is,do what i say,not ,do what i do! stick to this recipe and your governments will love the living shit out of you...giggle.gif

...and those governments will give those sheep a free sheering at least once a year...

British Daily Mail Newspaper No JOKE Read and Pray Cinderella is Going to the Ball just Printed The 25-year-old soldier, who was sentenced to 35 years in prison on Wednesday (inset right) for leaking thousands of classified documents to WikiLeaks, made the shock announcement through her attorney on Thursday. 'As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female,' Manning wrote in the statement. Her lawyer said he will now fight for Manning to undergo hormone therapy at Fort Leavenworth, where she is serving her sentence. An image (main), which was released by the Army and shown at her trial, shows Manning in woman's clothing.

Only in USA things really Happen Hard Labour into Hot Mama yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa

British Daily Mail Newspaper No JOKE Read and Pray Cinderella is Going to the Ball just Printed The 25-year-old soldier, who was sentenced to 35 years in prison on Wednesday (inset right) for leaking thousands of classified documents to WikiLeaks, made the shock announcement through her attorney on Thursday. 'As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female,' Manning wrote in the statement. Her lawyer said he will now fight for Manning to undergo hormone therapy at Fort Leavenworth, where she is serving her sentence. An image (main), which was released by the Army and shown at her trial, shows Manning in woman's clothing.

Only in USA things really Happen Hard Labour into Hot Mama yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa

So they are making him look like total basket case. when he's found hanged in his cell it will be obvious suicide.

Poor guy, just thinking what kind of torture he's going throw...

I would pray for him but there's no god obviously.

You couldn't make up stuff like this if you tried!!!

I dont think Leavenworth has a budget for sex change operations.blink.png

He must be bucking for solitary, you cant put him with the rest of the male inmates now.

Not a bad move on his part, if solitary was what he wanted.

Well I'm very surprised that you comingfrom a military family and you don't remember this…….ermm.gif

5. The U.S. Government withheld information about the indiscriminate killing of Reuters journalists and innocent Iraqi civilians.

http://dancewater.blogspot.com/2013/07/in-honor-of-bradley-manning.html

Wahoo!clap2.gif

He did some work! feel the ground, it should be cold to the touch.

Hell Froze OVER!

"dancewater" you quote from "dancewater"?blink.png

and "dancewater" got their info from the journalistic giant "The Salon"blink.png

Dude, you dont have to work that hard to get credible information on this.

I'm saying to some work. This issue is almost a grey area for most not to me.

Theres plenty on your side to use as credible support for your argument.

I'm open minded, I could be swayed, but not with info from "dancewater"

Manning, Snowden and Assange were the ones who took risks to expose crime

But those who planned the wars, those who committed war crimes, those who conduct illegal spying, for now, walk freebah.gif

Manning made a statement at the start of the court-martial, wherein he took responsibility for the leaks, but, importantly, expressed his motivation. He commented specifically on the Apache attack helicopter video that recorded the slaughter of a dozen civilians in Baghdad on 12 July 2007. Two of those killed worked for the Reuters news agency, cameraman Namir Noor-Eldeen, 22, and his driver, Saeed Chmagh, a father of four

" The most alarming aspect of the video to me was the seeming delightful blood-lust the aerial weapons team happened to have. They dehumanized the individuals they were engaging and seemed to not value human life, and referred to them as quote-unquote 'dead bastards,' and congratulated each other on their ability to kill in large numbers. ... For me, this seemed similar to a child torturing ants with a magnifying glass " Bradely Manning

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/01/manning-snowden-assange-expose-wrongdoing

Edited by midas

Not from a military prison, and review board.

Killing someone and being sorry, maybe.

Disclosing national secrets and failing to do you duty?

That wont be taken too kindly in a military environment.

This wont be a soft bodied and soft minded civilian review board.

35 years is too short IMO.

but I'm from a military family.

jamhar of course it is so easy to dismiss and ridicule someone like Bradley Manning but, if you say you come from a military family I'm curious as to what you think about the overall views of Col. Lawrence Wilkerson , who has had said some pretty controversial things recently regarding the Bradley Manning case (as well as controversial comments about a slew of other matters)

It's a bit harder to ridicule the likes of the Col. Wilkerson because of his credentials (i.e. Former chief of staff for U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell, Adjunct Professor of Government at the College of William and Mary)

“ This is a case( Bradley Manning ) that is symptomatic of a disease

in this country right now. And the disease is constant war. Bradley Manning,

Edward Snowden, Tom Drake at the NSA, for example, these people are not a

problem that America needs to deal with. They are symptoms of the disease that

America needs to deal with. And that disease is a constant state of war.

We've been at war now longer than any time in our history, and we're manifesting all the things that, for example, our founders told us would be manifested in an interminable state of war. We're doing things to our people we shouldn't be doing, like this massive surveillance program. We're using drones in an indiscriminate way around the world. We're building up the military-industrial-congressional complex to the point where it is actually competing with the corporatocracy that's running this country, with the plutocracy that leads this country. We're doing all sorts of things that are tyrannical, all sorts of things that are very dangerous for this country.”

Col. Lawrence Wilkerson

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=10510

Do you agree with him? Have tyrants taken over the US military and government?unsure.png

Edited by midas

Not from a military prison, and review board.

Killing someone and being sorry, maybe.

Disclosing national secrets and failing to do you duty?

That wont be taken too kindly in a military environment.

This wont be a soft bodied and soft minded civilian review board.

35 years is too short IMO.

but I'm from a military family.

jamhar of course it is so easy to dismiss and ridicule someone like Bradley Manning but, if you say you come from a military family I'm curious as to what you think about the overall views of Col. Lawrence Wilkerson , who has had said some pretty controversial things recently regarding the Bradley Manning case (as well as controversial comments about a slew of other matters)

It's a bit harder to ridicule the likes of the Col. Wilkerson because of his credentials (i.e. Former chief of staff for U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell, Adjunct Professor of Government at the College of William and Mary)

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=10510

Do you agree with him? Have tyrants taken over the US military and government?unsure.png

hey midas.

I edited the quote box for brevity.

First of all, I Iove being from a military family. Loved it and Proud of it.

If you're from a military family, you know that the US military is huge. And as in any large organization you can have people with all sorts of beliefs and political leanings. So I'm not surprised that there are dissident views. But regardless of your views, you follow your orders, and you keep your commitments to the service.

Have tyrants taken over the military?

The military has a mission. Its not a powder puff one. To carry out their mission, it maybe necessary to do horrible stuff. The possible ending of someones life, justified or not, is always horrible. "self defense", "it was war" ect. So the people in charge of the military are people that have the resolved to do horrible things if necessary. Tyrants? No.. But capable of killing? Yes, that's why we have them.

Has the Government been taken over by Tyrants? To be honest, when Obama was running. I thought he was a Dove. I was skeptical, but still voted for him. But IMO, Obama is walking that fine line between a Dove and a Hawk. If he was a true hawk, the US would have been involved with Syria, LONG time ago.

Regarding the colonel, he says some pretty wild stuff that i don't agree with. But he can have his views because he's retired and is now a civi.

“This could have been an Israeli false flag operation,” he said. “You’ve got basically a geo-strategically, geo-political — if you will — inept regime in Tel Aviv right now.”

Retired Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, former Chief of Staff to Colin Powell during the Bush administration, talks about how President Obama should handle early evidence that Syria may have used chemicals weapons.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article34813.htm

Inept? That goes contrary to his statement. Either the Israelis are incredibly capable, and are pulling this deception off, or they are inept and could not do this other than my mere accident.

So no I wont ridicule him, but I certainly do not agree.