Where to buy furniture and office desk?

proovms

Hi,

I'm on the hunt for some furniture to make my home more complete, like a small table and chairs, shelves and an office desk, amongst other things. I have and will continue to look in shops like Makro, however I was wondering if anyone knows about a thai owned place that does stuff for cheaper? So far I've found a shop on the ground floor of Pantip Plaza, called Office Mate, if I remember correctly.

I'm not after the top-end stuff, anything ranging from 'junk' to 'pretty good' will do.

For the desk, I'm not too concerned about the material used, wood or glass would be great.

Thanks for any help,

proovms

I fitted out my study and bedroom with furniture and office chairs bought at the Indian shops in Chiang Moi Rd. Delivered to the house at no extra cost.

The shop opposite the bank seemed to be the best, although I think it's all family. They speak excellent English too.

A lot of that stuff in Lamphun is cheap tat, and it's a drive.

Have had some semi-decent gear from Concept stores--not that it is non 'cheap tat' of course. whistling.gif

For pretty decent quality, Index has some of the best stuff for offices (upstairs, west end), though expensive.

I had a walk around Chiang Moi Road, the road Spicy club was on until a few months ago, and they have some good furniture are good prices.

I got a computer desk for 1800, good chair with steel legs for 1700 and a leather stool for 300, with free delivery.

The one opposite the bank seemed to be best, like masuk recommended.

Thanks everyone :)

• 1 month later...

I recently visited Lamphun and the choice was extensive and quality from cheap to high quality stuff. I will be heading back there to gran an office desk shortly since I have yet to see anything that comes close to the quality and price.

Extensive choice regarding office desks and similar, or chairs too?

I'm not a heavy person, but the chair (one of the more expensive ones I think) I bought at one of the Indian shops at Chang Moi road a

handful of years ago started falling apart after a few years, first the undercarriage, and then faux leather. Compared to the perhaps

slightly more expensive IKEA chair I have in farangland, which has gotten much more usage and is now 15+ years old, with no problems

at all, I'm not too satisfied about the chair bought at the Indian shop.

The desk I bought is still ok, but at some point a hole was punched in the top, and now I have the pleasure of looking at the paper filling inside

whenever I'm studying at the desk.

Was recently walking around at Ban Tawai. They had a bunch of furniture there, as many here probably know. Mostly livingroom and bedroom stuff, but there appeared to be no problem ordering e.g. an office-style desk of your own design, and the cost for what I hope will be a large, high quality, teakwood, desk was below 10,000 Baht. Deliverytime quoted to be around three weeks. Same shop also had a few other items

ordered by customers.

Will post the name of the shop after delivery if anyone is interested, but for now I'm wondering if there are any better options than

the mentioned Chan furniture, Modern Form, or Index for an office chair?

Saw somebody here, elektrified, recommending a local shop with what he claimed was much higher quality and lower priced, but that member never actually posted the name of that shop, for some reason, even though he said he would do and was asked for it more than once.

If you've got wheels head for Lamphun as that's where the choice is. Large warehouses full to take your pick from and they will deliver free to most parts of Chiang Mai.

Same stuff as the shops in CM, but half the price, always ask for another 10% off their marked prices.

Well worth the trip.

Drive up the highway to Lamphum, past Lamphun, turn left when you get to the big Buddha on the hill, about 1Km down that road turn right into the furniture factory road. About 50 stores to visit.

Walking north from China town past Kasams store on the same side there is a furniture store that had some pretty nice stuff in it. Sorry don't know the name. I wound up buying a chair at index about three years ago it is still in good condition but I wish I had paid the extra to get the chair they had.

If you are coming from Mikes hamburgers on the moat to the worrorot market. You will see a big sign over the road saying China town. turn left Kasams is the first shop on the lefy just past the corner building and about 200 meters on the same side of the road. Don't hold me to the distance as I was walking and window shopping at the same time.

for those who don't know Kasams is a good store for western foods. I have probably spelt it wrong but it is easy to find with my directions.

Also (if not said already) couple of furniture places in Hang Dong road, just past the Airport Plaza mall and after Big-C before you get to Ban Wan Tan turn off (left hand side) - looks snazzy, but stuff is quite cheap inside.

• 5 months later...

Office Mate at Panthip Plaza closed some time ago.

They moved to Central Festival, according to the signs on the old place.

They have also opened a new branch at Baan & Beyond.

• Like 1