Thai national taking money out

My wife and I are now living in Australia. We have a daughter between us and my wife has permanent residence

It looks like we may have sold our house in Bangkok which is completely in my wife's name. The money for the house was transferred into Thailand by myself.

Are Thais able to send money out of the country easily or as I suspect are there many hoops to jump through.

Has anyone had experience in this area?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Greg

JackRyan.

I had the same thing several years ago, my wife was able to transfer out of Thailand by the Bangkok Bank AUD 200,000.00, I found a loophole where a Thai can send his or her money out of the kingdom to another Country (in our case Australia)so long as that person has been granted residency in another country, we had to show either a PR Stamp in wifes Thai Passport or proof of Australian Citizenship, as I recall, the limit is up to 1 Million USD, the local Bank said they had never heard of this method, I asked them to call Bankok and the head office said it was lawful, and they transferred the money right away, funds had to be in wifes account not joint. Just did the conversion to AUD in the branch and sent it to her Account in Oz in AUD.

There were no tax implications in Australia.

Good luck BW.

Edited by bigwilly