Nana Police officers on the run after abducting Italian tourists and demanding Bt2m ransom

webfact

I suspect the Italian government may just make a big stink about it. I'm not sure what's occupying the front pages in Italy these days, but this is the kind of thing that diverts attention from local scandals and can be very useful for hometown politicians.

Edited by hawker9000

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people in the know and officially involved with Police matters in Bangkok see a totally different story reported in the press to what has often really happened.

That is not to say that this incident did not happen. It most certainly did and 5 of those responsible are in jail as we speak! Unfortunately the Upper Sukumvit area, that is the center of entertainment in Bangkok is rife with this sort of thing.

I think what skyaslimit is trying to say is, that 99% of commissioned officers in the RTP are just as horrified as we all are, that fellow police have done something of this nature and calibre.

Sadly I know this sort of thing does happen infrequently and unfortunately it is these sort of incidents and negativity against the RTP that are at times blown out of all proportion on this forum, as farangs bashing Thai Police is fun and gets views which this forum needs.

If you have a Police Corruption issue, the ombudsman and the RTP Counter Corruption Commission are very open and welcome your complaints.

You might also try and list your real documented complaints on https://th.bribespot.com/ which is in Thai and English and is growing.

I believe shortly this website will have to be addressed by the RTP.

Interesting website, have shared it, thanks.

...that these guys got outsmarted - by a FOREIGNER - and caught! Horrified that this story is being repeated far & wide. Horrified that their own little rice bowls may now be in jeopardy. Horrified that some populist politician may be able to exploit this debacle by throwing THEM under the bus. Oh, yes - a 99% horror factor sounds just about right. But 99% honest? I can see why even you're laughing. It is pretty funny.

I am having a slow day - can you help me by pointing out where anyone , besides your good self, has used the term "99% honest"?

Sure. See #182 and then #188. Hope things pick up for you.

Thanks.

As suspected, you have a reading comprehension problem.

Hope that improves for you.

• 2 weeks later...

This kind of scam scares me more than any other. You're utterly helpless. Lucky for these guys they had the presence of mind to call for help instead of their families. Glad it turned out OK.

Thailand! Get your kee together and deal with the rampant police corruption and police-organized crime!