Bangkok-based hacker detained by Shanghai cops

webfact

Bangkok-based hacker detained by Shanghai cops
By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- A hacker and leader of a five-member gang who defrauded online users of over USD4.9 million­-­ was detained in Bangkok and brought back to Shanghai on August 19, local police said.

The 24-year-old, surnamed Wang, operated from the Thai capital and was the last remaining member of the gang who had avoided capture.

More than 2,000 Internet users in the country were victims of the gang’s insidious alliance.

Police learnt of the scam last year when online consumers reported that their payments for the e-commerce portal taobao.com were transferred to game accounts of the Giant Interactive Group Inc on November 11.

Police cleared Giant Interactive of any wrongdoing.

Wang was a known hand in online operations. He served a 14-month jail sentence in 2010 for hacking into the server of Shanghai’s online car plate auction in 2009, which eventually led to the cancellation of the auction.

After serving time, Wang went to Thailand and continued to work as a hacker. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/08/24/bangkok-based-hacker-detained-shanghai-cops

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-08-24

Only one way to stop drug dealers, and fraud artists like these guys – Prison time is no deterrent – it’s a joke to them. I did criminal defense work for 40 years. These sub-humans do the time, laugh at the system, get out, and then come back and continue to prey on all of us. We have a saying in the US – “If you can’t do the time, Don’t do the crime.” The “time/penalty” for guys like this – What the Chinese do – A one day trial, and then a bullet to head.” Pretty good deterrent. Agree?

• Like 2

Only one way to stop drug dealers, and fraud artists like these guys – Prison time is no deterrent – it’s a joke to them. I did criminal defense work for 40 years. These sub-humans do the time, laugh at the system, get out, and then come back and continue to prey on all of us. We have a saying in the US – “If you can’t do the time, Don’t do the crime.” The “time/penalty” for guys like this – What the Chinese do – A one day trial, and then a bullet to head.” Pretty good deterrent. Agree?

so when you was making your money from defending sub-humans for 40 years that was ok and you can still sleep at night while us normal people cannot .. good on ya Bel

and from the op where does drugs come into this post

Edited by jollyposty
  • Like 1

Capital punishment as a deterrent? Is that why the murder rate is so low in the US?

• Like 1

Last time I checked they were still executing people in China on a regular basis. That tells me that one day trials and bullets in the head are pretty much useless as a deterrent because otherwise they wouldn't have to execute people anymore, now would they? facepalm.gif

• Like 1