British Man falls from balcony of 2nd floor Pattaya Nightclub

Rimmer

British Man falls from balcony of 2nd floor Pattaya Nightclub

brit-3.jpg
PATTAYA:--Just before 5.30am on Saturday Police and rescue services were called to Walking Street in South Pattaya to investigate reports of a British Man who had fallen from a balcony of a Nightclub.

The incident occurred at the Play Party Club located opposite the Marine Discotheque on Walking Street and resulted in serious injuries sustained to Mr. Stephen Paul Truscott aged 25 who was in an unconscious state before being rushed to Hospital. Visible injuries to his head were seen and Mr. Truscott sustained a split lip.

It was known that Mr. Truscott was drinking inside the Nightclub prior to the incident and appeared to be alone and in a heavily intoxicated state.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/100176/british-man-falls-balcony-2nd-floor-pattaya-nightclub/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-24

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any stats as to how many members the thailand flying club has?

why do you wanna join it smile.png

Nope...as an ex competition hang glider pilot i always had a very healthy fear of heights and still feel uncomfortable on a balcony here looking down, i was often told if i lost this fear to stop flying.

• Like 1

A lot of the guard rails on the balconies I have seen in Thailand are quite low. They are designed for Thai's and that is fair enough as they are short and this is Thailand. It would be quite easy for the average sized farang who is stumbling around drunk to topple over one of these rails.

Is it an offence in Thailand to serve a person who is intoxicated or to have an intoxicated person on licenced premises?

Not if you overcharge them 10x and it is after hours.

• Like 1

A lot of the guard rails on the balconies I have seen in Thailand are quite low. They are designed for Thai's and that is fair enough as they are short and this is Thailand. It would be quite easy for the average sized farang who is stumbling around drunk to topple over one of these rails.

Is it an offence in Thailand to serve a person who is intoxicated or to have an intoxicated person on licenced premises?

It would not matter if it was an offence or not, the offences that seem to be taken seriously mostly here in Thailand, are to do with immigration and drugs.

This has been observed many times re the balconies.

There seems to be a real parallel between Pattaya and plunging.

Is the intoxication question rhetorical? Bemusing or what? It does bring a smile.

There must be a reason Thais invented Thai Whiskey. Most likely because nothing else is strong enough.

Awash with alcohol, available women and low balcony railings, Thailand harbours unexpected dangers.

Not just wild elephants and spitting cobras.

Just as airlines taking tourists to Australia should and sometimes do have beach rip warnings, we should

have something similar here on the planes coming in for these hazards. Right?

There must be a reason Thais invented Thai Whiskey. Most likely because nothing else is strong enough.

No. Tried any Wild Turkey 101?

And it's slightly difficult to find in Thailand many whiskeys at their normal strengths. There seems to be some regulation limiting alcohol content to 40 proof--except at duty free shops.

Thai whiskey was invented to avoid import taxes and bring in tax revenue from the working class poor. wink.png

Awash with alcohol, available women and low balcony railings, Thailand harbours unexpected dangers.

Not just wild elephants and spitting cobras.

SO scary, really, especially those available women. SO impossible to avoid. Only married teetotalers should be allowed in for a visit.

Just as airlines taking tourists to Australia should and sometimes do have beach rip warnings, we should

have something similar here on the planes coming in for these hazards. Right?

Wrong. Wouldn't do the slightest bit of good, perhaps just make the hazards seem a lot more attractive.

Maybe all the nannying back in Oz just makes people unprepared for a freer environment--freer in some ways.

Edited by JSixpack

5am in the morning????

needs a police raid methinks

The B.I.B. raid the marine bar? Not a hope in hell of that given its connections which go back years

Me thinks you need to read the story again.

"The incident occurred at the Play Party Club located opposite the Marine Discotheque on Walking Street"

I am sure this forum is not the best place to have a sober thought.

I will make sure I've had a drink next time I contribute.

Neither have I fallen from a balcony yet, however I have found with age, that I am capable of making a lot

of mistakes, I once thought impossible. . . you never know

how about signs. Nothing like a good sign. "This railing is lower than it looks." Written in Thai of course.

• Like 2

I don't think it makes any difference in Pattaya if it is an offense or not. They will still serve them as long as their money holds out.

Very true about the low guard rails.

I have often wondered how many Thais fall of off balconies. I don't read Thai and the English papers don't want to make it look like it happens to any one but foreigners.

I was wondering how many Thais fall and it is reported in the Thai papers or is it so common that they treat it like North America does road rage. Not report it at all it is a part of life there. Like reporting that Joe Blow is breathing.