Visa Run Ideas

girlx

thinking of doing a combination visa run and a fun trip this next month... anyone know of any great flight deals from bangkok to anywhere else? just want to spend a couple days in somewhere other than thailand, but don't want to go bankrupt. malaysia is out, but everyplace else i am open to.

i would try tiger air too. they have some great deals on at the moment. maybe from bkk they only fly do singapore, but for a gal living in thailand, singers is a GREAT place to go for a few days.

its clean, safe, has many funky clothes shops with clothes that actually fit us, and has all the stuff that you miss living in thailand.

Of course some other visa run ideas are as follows:

Laos

Cambodia (PP)

Dubai (gets a bit pricey but great spot to go)

Katmandu (Bob Seger wrote a song about it so it must be good. wait, he was talking about a city in Michigan. nevermind)

Burma

Indo (I love that place)

Phillipines (another place that I love but not sure why)

Aussieland (never been but it aint that far and I've heard it is a spectacular place)

Hong Kong, Bejing, Taipei: a bit pricey but with a sponsor is doable and great

we won't mention Tokyo

Moscow, Istanbul, Tehran are all worth a mention as exotic visa run destinations. Have heard great things about all 3

Edited by monochaser

airasia still has cheap flights to Phnom Penh .... then a day there ... then up river and across the lake by boat ... 3 days in Siem Reap ... back down to PP by bus and home .... always a great way to spend some time

(unless you have business at the Thai Embassy ... then just go to Laos :o

Does anyone know how long it takes from Poipet to phnom phen?

What is the best way from the border, Taxi?

Cause you know what the scouts are like at the border. :o

Any advise welcome how to get there.

angie

Taxi from Poipet to PP would take about 5/6 hours. From Poipet to Siem Reap is 3 hours and 30 US for the whole taxi.

This is the best site for up-to-date Cambodian info: www.talesofasia.com

Incidentally, I just came back from a visa-run. I went to the new crossing at Ban Pakkat-Prum. Stayed in Pailin for the night and drank some Khmer stout :o You could continue onto Battambang from here and then down to PP.

note ... the roads from poipet are dirt .... the numbers above are estimates ... your time could vary (like mine 10 hours from poipet to siem reap ... (during rainy season ) one bus went off into the rice paddies .... our bus pulled it out (with all of us still in it!!) then later a lorry had crashed through a bridge .. so a 2 hour wait for a pickup to come get us and get us the rest of the way into town)